Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Plastiq for rent, tuition, utilities, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 2, 2015, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: financialhippie
Successful Credit Cards Used (Posted as Purchase)
Amex Open SPG Business
AMEX SPG (non-business)
BofA - Virgin Atlantic MC
BofA - Amtrak World MC
Barclaycard Aviator Red/Silver MC
Chase Ink Plus Visa
Chase Hyatt Visa (x2)
Chase BA Visa
Chase United MileagePlus Explorer
Chase United MileagePlus Club
Chase Sapphire Preferred
Citi Prestige MC
Citi Premier MC
Citi AT&T Access More MC (3x for rent category)
Citi AA Platinum MC
FIA Fidelity Mastercard

Successful Payees:
BMW Financial: Processed 10/13, Sent 10/14, Arrived-Posted 10/19
Caliber Home Loans: Processed 12/09, Sent 12/11, Arrived-Posted 12/18
Cedent mortgage
Chase Mortgage (sends check)
Citi Mortgage: Processed 10/7, Sent 10/8, Arrived-Posted 10/15
Citizen's Auto Finance - Around 1 week.
CRA Personal Tax
George Mason University: Over a week and a half.
Infiniti Financial: Processed 10/13, Sent 10/14, Arrived-Posted 10/21
Lexus Financial. Processed 3/9/16, Posted 3/14/19
Morgan Stanley Home Loans: Processed 01/14, Sent 01/15, Arrived-Posted 01/21
National Grid Electric MA: 1 week turnaround
National Grid Gas MA: 3 week turnaround, sends physical check
"NJ City" Tax: Processed 01/21, Sent 01/22, Arrived-Posted 02/01
Penfed Mortgage: 1 week turnaround
TD Bank Mortgage (EFT)
Wells Fargo Mortgage: Processed 10/8, Sent 10/9, Arrived-Posted 10/16
Wells Fargo Mortgage: Processed 8/6, Sent 8/9, Posted 8/16
Print Wikipost

Plastiq for rent, tuition, utilities, etc.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2016, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by 1353513636
Made a payment on my DL Amex, and two reps and their supervisors confirmed that Plastiq wasn't part of the shop small promo. Charge went through on 11/14 and still no 2x points. 2nd supervisor agreed to put through a request to the promotions department to honor the double points upon presentation of this website:

https://www.plastiq.com/blog/2016/10...rough-plastiq/
You are wrong for contacting amex. This is working for many people automatically, myself included. All this will do is make amex realize they shouldnt have told plastiq that their charges qualify. This hurts the community, especially since it is working for most.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by chaser123
You are wrong for contacting amex. This is working for many people automatically, myself included. All this will do is make amex realize they shouldnt have told plastiq that their charges qualify. This hurts the community, especially since it is working for most.
So you wouldn't have contacted amex if it worked for everybody else except you?
Also based on my personal experience I'm wondering if we should have this info included in the wiki for the remainder of this month to let folks know the 2X points are posting but they are pretty inconsistent with posting timelines right now?

Last edited by Stivelio; Nov 30, 2016 at 10:11 am
Old Nov 30, 2016, 12:18 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by Duffman
Hi - which business name do you use when paying BoA mortgage? I can only find BANK OF AMERICA AFS and this doesn't accept my mortgage account number on the next screen.

Thanks,
I used the following info for paying BofA mortgage -

Phone:800-669-6607
Sent via check to: Bank of America, N.A.
PO BOX 650070
Dallas, TX, US 75265

Payment was submitted to Plastiq on Nov 14th and the payment was applied to my mortgage account on Nov 23rd.

HTH.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 9:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Edit: nm
Old Dec 2, 2016, 12:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Stivelio
So you wouldn't have contacted amex if it worked for everybody else except you?
Also based on my personal experience I'm wondering if we should have this info included in the wiki for the remainder of this month to let folks know the 2X points are posting but they are pretty inconsistent with posting timelines right now?
Of course not, adding eyes to this clearly unintended consequence is dumb. I got my first SPG 2X but my second payment 2X bonus now about 2.5 weeks old with statement closed already hasn't posted. Last thing I would do is complain to Amex, it's just common sense. Im hoping at some point it will post but not holding my breath. Seems like MR 2X posting pretty regularly and quickly.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 10:44 pm

Thinking about using Chase SW Plus for a $10k estimated state tax payment before the end of the year to get companion pass. 2.5% on Plastiq vs. 3% on tax commission website. The points don't necessarily have to post before statement end but it would save me a lot of headache if I knew they did.

1. Any experience with Chase SW cards posting as purchase vs. cash advance?

2. Does the purchase immediately post to cc, or does it stay pending until check is cashed?

thanks!
Old Dec 4, 2016, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by penner42
I initiated my payment on 11/3 and it posted (Santa Barbara County) on 11/14. You'd probably be cutting it too close at this point.
Yikes. So essentially 7-10 business days? This could be annoying with rent. RadPad guaranteed delivery by the 1st assuming you sent it by the cutoff date, so that made things very simple... but it seems with Plastiq you just have to pad it.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 9:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
11/28: Plastiq mortgage
12/3: 2x SPG personal bonus posted
Old Dec 6, 2016, 9:19 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
If AU uses his/her card while primary is enrolled in small business promo, will it get additional points?
I've got SPG promo to add AU and spend $1000 to get 2500 points, so I'm thinking using in on Plastiq to get a small business additional point.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by yugi
If AU uses his/her card while primary is enrolled in small business promo, will it get additional points?
I've got SPG promo to add AU and spend $1000 to get 2500 points, so I'm thinking using in on Plastiq to get a small business additional point.
Yes, since you've enrolled the primary card. From https://www.americanexpress.com/us/content/shop-small-offer/frequently-asked-questions.html:

"Only Primary Card Members (Basic Card Members) are eligible to enroll in this offer. However, enrolled Primary Card Members can earn 2X Rewards for purchases made at qualifying small businesses by all Additional Card Members (supplementary Card Members) on their Card account."
Old Dec 15, 2016, 4:53 pm

Anyone gotten the 2x on a Membership Rewards card since problems were reported? I got it on my first property tax payment, and want to make my second before 12/31. (But after my statement closes in a couple of days.) I'll probably do it anyway, as 1.5x for a $5k+ transaction on the business plat is worth 3% when redeemed for flights, and Plastiq is only charging me 2.5%. Plus it'll finish off my $15k spend for the second 50k point signup bonus.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 9:28 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Yes, I paid my mortgage on 12/8 and I have a 2x Small Business Promo in my MR account.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 8:24 pm

SPG postings of small business double points

Originally Posted by chrisremo
Plastiq charge posted to SPG Amex on November 20. Statement posted today. As of today I already have the Plastiq bonus points in my SPG account, before my standard 1x points have even shown up from that billing period.
Thanks for posting this! I had been looking on AmEx and getting panicked that my 20000 bonus points hadn't posted yet. So I logged onto my SPG account and all the bonus points are there. Whew!

Cindi
Old Dec 20, 2016, 8:02 am

Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
If I hadn't already locked in the low MasterCard promotional rate, I'd have switched to my SPG card in a heartbeat
Old Dec 20, 2016, 9:10 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by financialhippie
If I hadn't already locked in the low MasterCard promotional rate, I'd have switched to my SPG card in a heartbeat
Why? I'm using Citi ATTAM to get 3x on Plastiq. I used SPG to pay with no fee when I had rewards dollars, and to get 1 additional point for shop small promo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.