Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Plastiq for rent, tuition, utilities, etc.

Old Dec 2, 2015, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: financialhippie
Successful Credit Cards Used (Posted as Purchase)
Amex Open SPG Business
AMEX SPG (non-business)
BofA - Virgin Atlantic MC
BofA - Amtrak World MC
Barclaycard Aviator Red/Silver MC
Chase Ink Plus Visa
Chase Hyatt Visa (x2)
Chase BA Visa
Chase United MileagePlus Explorer
Chase United MileagePlus Club
Chase Sapphire Preferred
Citi Prestige MC
Citi Premier MC
Citi AT&T Access More MC (3x for rent category)
Citi AA Platinum MC
FIA Fidelity Mastercard

Successful Payees:
BMW Financial: Processed 10/13, Sent 10/14, Arrived-Posted 10/19
Caliber Home Loans: Processed 12/09, Sent 12/11, Arrived-Posted 12/18
Cedent mortgage
Chase Mortgage (sends check)
Citi Mortgage: Processed 10/7, Sent 10/8, Arrived-Posted 10/15
Citizen's Auto Finance - Around 1 week.
CRA Personal Tax
George Mason University: Over a week and a half.
Infiniti Financial: Processed 10/13, Sent 10/14, Arrived-Posted 10/21
Lexus Financial. Processed 3/9/16, Posted 3/14/19
Morgan Stanley Home Loans: Processed 01/14, Sent 01/15, Arrived-Posted 01/21
National Grid Electric MA: 1 week turnaround
National Grid Gas MA: 3 week turnaround, sends physical check
"NJ City" Tax: Processed 01/21, Sent 01/22, Arrived-Posted 02/01
Penfed Mortgage: 1 week turnaround
TD Bank Mortgage (EFT)
Wells Fargo Mortgage: Processed 10/8, Sent 10/9, Arrived-Posted 10/16
Wells Fargo Mortgage: Processed 8/6, Sent 8/9, Posted 8/16
Print Wikipost

Plastiq for rent, tuition, utilities, etc.

Old Sep 22, 2016, 5:27 pm

Plastiq is a Canadian processing company.
PacNet- another Canadian payment processing company which is shut down by Treasury today for mail fraud and its cash assets in US banks frozen.

Although no connection between the two, I am considering to be cautious going forward.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 7:43 am

Programs: Chase Ink Bold, Amex Gold
Originally Posted by ShirtlessCubsFan
I looked back a few pages and don't see it mentioned any where, and it's not in the above verified list, but has anyone used their Chase Sapphire Reserve? I see the CSP is listed as a successful card, so I'm going to assume the CSR will be, too, but I'd like confirmation before I waste my time.
I used CSR for BOA mortgage. I received email that the check is sent. It's only been a couple of days so it hasn't reached yet. Will post when it does.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 11:38 am

This looks easy. I'm just trying to meet minimum spend on some newly acquired cards. To meet 4k spend, it will cost me $100 to pay my mortgage at Wells Fargo? The GC/MO route will at least cost me $50 in fees and possibly more. So, for $50 more I can save my time and not deal with middle aged women at Walmart who think they work for the FBI?

Am I missing something here?
Old Sep 24, 2016, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by N_Phoenix
This looks easy. I'm just trying to meet minimum spend on some newly acquired cards. To meet 4k spend, it will cost me $100 to pay my mortgage at Wells Fargo? The GC/MO route will at least cost me $50 in fees and possibly more. So, for $50 more I can save my time and not deal with middle aged women at Walmart who think they work for the FBI?

Am I missing something here?
Not much except the fee calculations may be a bit off - The GC/MO route should cost around $30 (excluding driving around etc) and not $50.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by paragffm
I used CSR for BOA mortgage. I received email that the check is sent. It's only been a couple of days so it hasn't reached yet. Will post when it does.
BofA mortgage reached yesterday. So it took 8 days including loan verification process which should not be required next time.
If someone wants to edit wiki to add BofA, please do so. I have a few more posts to go before I can edit the wiki.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 1:44 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Asia Miles, Miles and Bonus
Has anyone used plastiq to make mortgage payment to Chase? If yes, which chase did you select in the results or did you enter the mailing address of chase manually? How long did it take for the payment to be delivered to chase? Thanks.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 9:30 am

Programs: HH-Diamond, Hyatt-Glob, all else dirt level
amex Biz Gold Issues

Had a strange thing happen to a payment using Amex Biz Gold. During the pre auth the name changed twice. First "PQ and name of bank" then next day just "plastiq" then the next day posted as "PQ Woodbridge Condos SF".

Plastiq says that is happening on the Amex side. Anyone have this happen? or know why?

Plastiq still shows my payment going to my designated payee not the random condo, but I would feel a lot better if I knew what was going on.

TIA
Old Sep 26, 2016, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by Nishant1
Plastiq is a Canadian processing company.
PacNet- another Canadian payment processing company which is shut down by Treasury today for mail fraud and its cash assets in US banks frozen.

Although no connection between the two, I am considering to be cautious going forward.
Briefing looking at Pacnet, it looks like they are doing financial services across the globe which can be very tricky. Plastiq is only operating in the US and Canada while using US based processing for US transactions.

They seem to be quite different from what I gather.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 10:23 am

Anyone else notice a change in the processing fee on Plastiq? I was paying a 2% fee using Mastercard (Citi DC). So, I would make a slight profit (2% cash back on the 2% fee). But, now some of the recipients show a 2.5% fee when I go to pay them. Others still show the 2% fee.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 11:41 am

I see a fee increase from 2.25% to 3% using MasterCard. Too expensive. Not worth it.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 12:24 pm

I'm still seeing 2% with a MC. (Citi DoubleCash)
Old Oct 1, 2016, 1:26 pm

I give good business to Plastiq.
May be they have structured the fee different for different user to promote depending on use.

3% is no go for me so I am stopping all activity with Plastiq.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 12:38 pm

Cash Advance issues with CITI and

I tried using my CITI Double Cash and had the payment rejected as exceeding my cash advance limit, which CITI says it came through as.

Plastiq claims they send them as purchases.

I tried my GM Mastercard and again had it rejected as exceeding my cash advance limit.

It is possible tht if I stay under the cash advance limits, it will eventually be charged as a purchase, but I am reluctant to tr this due to potential for cash advance fees.

I had previously used by Double Cash without a fee in Juy, but policies may have been changed.

I had just (today) made payments on the Double Cash to free it up for this use, so it is possible that some hidden CITI security rule created problems.

Any advice?
Old Oct 4, 2016, 1:28 pm

I tried smaller amounts with CITI Double Cash and Plastiq says try agai, but CITI has no record of rejected payments.

CITI did say they had a $1,000 per day limit on cash advances that may have come into play.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 2:16 pm

Plastiq down

I was referred to customer service, who told me their ability to process Vis and Matercard payments was down. (4PM EST)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.