alternatives to 50 cent amazon swipes?

Old May 21, 2015, 11:09 pm
Original Poster

alternatives to 50 cent amazon swipes?

I need to meet some minimum transactions and was wondering if there are anything lower than the 50 cent amazon egift cards. thanks
Old May 21, 2015, 11:37 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Why don't you just put some real swipes on it instead of ruining small value Amazon GC for the rest of us? It's nice to have small value Amazon GC there in case of emergency or for lazy liquidation of small GC amounts, but you and your ilk are going to kill it from overuse.
Old May 21, 2015, 11:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dukerau
Why don't you just put some real swipes on it instead of ruining small value Amazon GC for the rest of us? It's nice to have small value Amazon GC there in case of emergency or for lazy liquidation of small GC amounts, but you and your ilk are going to kill it from overuse.
In my defense, I only use the small value amazon gift cards 5 times a month, and I didn't want to kill it for everyone, so that's why I'm asking for alternatives..

Me and my ilk?.. meaning me and the rest of all the FT'ers here?
Old May 22, 2015, 12:33 am

If it's a debit card, you can use Serve.

If you have a Softcard-Serve, you can use a credit card.

I know that this blog is extremely hated here, but here are some ideas as well. http://millionmilesecrets.com/2015/0...ts-each-month/

In addition, you might be able to prepay some bills by adding just a few cents if there's an online form for it.
Old May 22, 2015, 1:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Phantom707
If it's a debit card, you can use Serve.

If you have a Softcard-Serve, you can use a credit card.

I know that this blog is extremely hated here, but here are some ideas as well. http://millionmilesecrets.com/2015/0...ts-each-month/

In addition, you might be able to prepay some bills by adding just a few cents if there's an online form for it.
Thank you! I forgot about prepaying bills! thanks again!!
Old May 22, 2015, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by dukerau
What makes you so special ?
Old May 22, 2015, 5:17 am

Programs: Several dozen
He's not one of the ilk. And all you ilk know who you are. Stop ilking the system!

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Old May 22, 2015, 5:27 am

I think the minimum RB load is $0.01, so you could do that.

Or, during regular spending, you could do a split tender and put $0.01 on your debit card.
Old May 22, 2015, 5:42 am

Such a bad idea using cards described above. There is no such thing as free loading for the businesses providing consumers the free loading. Somebody is paying for it somehow.
Old May 22, 2015, 5:43 am

Programs: Several dozen
But don't use a debit card that earns $.10 per transaction for that $.01 load. Use of a RB (aka Bank of the Biker) card to load RB would be considered ilking and you don't want to get caught ilking an institution that promotes membership if you join a Texas motorcycle club. You just don't wanna get on the bad side of folks like The Bandidos whose motto is "We are the people our parents warned us about."

Originally Posted by BeyondtheWrap
I think the minimum RB load is $0.01, so you could do that.

Or, during regular spending, you could do a split tender and put $0.01 on your debit card.
Old May 22, 2015, 5:59 am

If anybody knows how to make money and defend against ilkiness, it's Amazon. M$ers swiping 50 cents at a time is just not going to be a deal killer. They'll simply raise the minimum if it's a problem. EDP 50 cent swipes -- would this scale into big out of the box opp? Don't think so.
Old May 22, 2015, 6:15 am

If they are going to stop at raising min, fine. But, if they want to, they can distinguish real cash load vs debit at the register level, you know. The last thing we need is fees for using debit.
Old May 22, 2015, 6:46 am

I just put $1.01, $1.02, etc using my Internet providers online pay.
Old May 22, 2015, 6:49 am

pump $.01 of gas
Old May 22, 2015, 8:47 am

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Admittedly I was in a bad mood when I wrote that, but I do think that there's a difference between abuse (30 EDP charges of $0.50 each) and use from time to time. Personally, I've bought < $1 Amazon eGC maybe 5 times in the past year.

Oh, and by ilk I meant people hitting Amazon for lots of < $1 Amazon GC per month. When I use EDP (I don't use it every cycle), I actually use it for 30 swipes in a cycle. Novel concept.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.