Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 2015 Shutdown Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2015, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by sosamo
I got my SO AMEX OBC card shutdown in Nov. She had that card for like 7 yrs, and only put like $50 a year on it. Then I was setup as an AU, I put 76k in 7 months

I told her,"I think you will be receiving a letter that AMEX closed your account". Since she didn't use that card anyway, she didn't get mad at me.
76k ain't even that much. I'm surprised you got shutdown
Old Mar 21, 2015, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by OHijAAzi73
Any one got shutdown by FIA/Fido buying AGC ?
Curious as well... I might be switching all my spends on this card. Monthly spends would probably hit around 7-8k then probably another 5k in M$
Old Mar 21, 2015, 10:01 am

I got my SO AMEX OBC card shutdown in Nov. She had that card for like 7 yrs, and only put like $50 a year on it. Then I was setup as an AU, I put 76k in 7 months

I told her,"I think you will be receiving a letter that AMEX closed your account". Since she didn't use that card anyway, she didn't get mad at me.

That's only about $11k/month. I've MS'd $80k in a month across 4-5 cards. Luckily I have never had an account closed. My CL's range from $10k-$20k.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by rtraveler
That's only about $11k/month. I've MS'd $80k in a month across 4-5 cards. Luckily I have never had an account closed. My CL's range from $10k-$20k.
OBC and Diner's closures both show when there is some "mass" AA on the part of a CC company a lot of small fish get caught in the net so to speak.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by ibleed0range
76k ain't even that much. I'm surprised you got shutdown
Exactly....but they shut me down. monthly average spend was only around 10k.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 2:36 pm

I don't think FIA/Fido will shut you down since the more you manufactured, the more money they also make.

Amex lose money on OBC if you only focus on category bonus.

Originally Posted by SpootyPuff
Curious as well... I might be switching all my spends on this card. Monthly spends would probably hit around 7-8k then probably another 5k in M$
Originally Posted by OHijAAzi73
Any one got shutdown by FIA/Fido buying AGC ?
Old Mar 21, 2015, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by FSG378
I don't think FIA/Fido will shut you down since the more you manufactured, the more money they also make.

Which FIA card? The American express one that pays 2%? If so I don't use it anymore since they clawed back 20k worth of points from giftcard mall orders. My account shows negative 20K points.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by FSG378

ah thanks - I assumed 2% was a big deal to them since most cashbacks are below it. I opened a play account with Fidelity and it's nice to know I can fund it via the card... with 2 RB's one can potentially do $10k/mo.... nice chunk of play money annually.

Which FIA card? The American express one that pays 2%? If so I don't use it anymore since they clawed back 20k worth of points from giftcard mall orders. My account shows negative 20K points.
Curious - did they give a reason why?
Old Mar 21, 2015, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by SpootyPuff
ah thanks - I assumed 2% was a big deal to them since most cashbacks are below it. I opened a play account with Fidelity and it's nice to know I can fund it via the card... with 2 RB's one can potentially do $10k/mo.... nice chunk of play money annually.

Curious - did they give a reason why?
I never asked. It happened a lot of ppl. We all pretty much knew why. Gcm clawed back from them. And they clawed back from us.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 2:28 am

Unhappy

I never asked. It happened a lot of ppl. We all pretty much knew why. Gcm clawed back from them. And they clawed back from us.
Damn, I thought the fidelity amex was one of the safe cards. Just to be clear, is this what happened?:

1. Buy VGCs from gift card mall.
2. Redeem CC points to fidelity account.
3. FIA claws back points, leaving you with a negative point balance.

Any idea if this was caused by amex level 2/3 data?
Old Mar 22, 2015, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by ThisIs_MyName
Damn, I thought the fidelity amex was one of the safe cards. Just to be clear, is this what happened?:

This issue has nothing to do with the FIA Amex card. This was all due to GCM changing the rules out on a whim about not allowing certain purchases for additional cash back. It was just that one incident back in Aug 2014 and nothing has happened since then.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by ThisIs_MyName

No. That is fine. We were buying vgc from gcm through the FIA shopping portal which was giving 1pt per 1dollar bonus.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 6:15 am

Correct. Impossible to collect from a minimum wage employee. I did sue CVS as well, but Incomm called to settle (about $6K). I sued Incomm under the theory that they gave away MY PIN without taking proper precautions like asking the thief for the actual VR card (they just ask for a photocopy from the thief). Pretty stupid on their part .... $6K stupid).
Old Mar 23, 2015, 3:49 pm

Your Softcard Account is being terminated

"This email is to notify you that your Softcard™ Account and your Softcard app will be terminated during the period from March 31, 2015 to April 10, 2015."

My first shutdown for 2015! Luckily this "shutdown" affects every Softcard user since they're going out of business.

RIP Softcard.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 9:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by prestonv
Chase
PayPal (my whole family)
Amazon register
Barclays
Lawsuit with Incomm (I won, but I'll never touch their products again)

Still alive with citi and amex and suntrust. If these guys shut me down, I'll be flying coach for a loooonnnnngggg time.
Why did PayPal shut down the entire family? Any lessons we can learn here?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.