Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kmart data breach and US Buxx fraud

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2015, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Kmart data breach and US Buxx fraud

Kmart reported a data breach that lasted from early September to October 9, 2014.

I used my US Buxx on October 7, 2014 to do some bills pays at Kmart. Yesterday, six months later, my card was compromised and drained at CVS and Target in Brooklyn, NY-- I live in CA

Kmart is providing free credit monitoring but it was of no help in this situation. Be careful out there.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 1:13 pm

One of my NW Buxx got hit with fraudulent charges a couple weeks ago. Only place it ever gets used is Kmart.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ILGfly
One of my NW Buxx got hit with fraudulent charges a couple weeks ago. Only place it ever gets used is Kmart.
I've read a couple other reports all happening yesterday in Brooklyn. How was the Buxx process to get this fixed? US Buxx changed their T&C Visa zero liability coverage with a new policy as of 2/1/15 specifying first $50 not covered and other conditions where liability can go up to $500 and responsibility for overdrafts if they occur.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by annhedonia
I've read a couple other reports all happening yesterday in Brooklyn. How was the Buxx process to get this fixed? US Buxx changed their T&C Visa zero liability coverage with a new policy as of 2/1/15 specifying first $50 not covered and other conditions where liability can go up to $500 and responsibility for overdrafts if they occur.
I actually got a fraud alert phone call from Nationwide. The card only had a couple bucks on it but it didn't let any of the purchases actually go through so I didn't have to try to get anything reversed. They froze the card and I had to call the next business day (call came on a Saturday) and the division that could actually cancel the card and issue a new one is only open during business days. So it was pretty much painless.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 7:33 pm

Two of my USB cards just got hit with fraudulent charges. One at a CVS in Brooklyn and the other at "TOWNEPLCSUIT" in LA. I'm extremely lucky I because had loaded and unloaded $2k from one of them less than 2 hours from the time the charges hit. Neither card had any funds so nothing to dispute.

The lady also mentioned nothing of the fact I have 4 cards that all have the same name as the parent. Hopefully this account doesn't get killed.

I guess I better report lost my T-Mo cards that I had during that time period. I usually leave a small amount of funds on those cards.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 11:23 pm

Now a third USB Buxx card that has had a fraud attempt. Purchase for $998 at a Target in Brooklyn. I bet the scammer was trying to load a Redbird! Thank goodness I leave these things zeroed out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.