Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Approved for SPG card

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2015, 12:11 pm

4pm checkout is a benefit of SPG, and the credit card is the only way I would get it.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by TheDapperDon
I value Amex relationships, so I only do a little bit. 500 bucks.
A minute?
Old Feb 21, 2015, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by sean79
i mostly use serve and redbird for ms. can I pay back spg card with serve or redbird? basicaslly paying an amex with an amex?
No. Instant shutdown. And the the cards both self-destruct. =poof=
Old Feb 21, 2015, 6:50 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Any other data points on how much monthly MS on SPG is restrained enough to stay in good standing. Gotta say $15k sounds too good to be sustainable
Old Feb 22, 2015, 1:54 am

Too many factors to consider. Given some of the shutdowns (even temporarily) of ALL AMEX cards, you have to consider risking a perma black list to do more than half your CL in MS - but only if you have a healthy split of real spend and SPG spend.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 9:03 am

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
i mostly use serve and redbird for ms. can I pay back spg card with serve or redbird? basicaslly paying an amex with an amex?
Yes you can do that. I don't recommend loading the cards with an Amex then paying off the same Amex that you loaded it with though.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 9:36 pm

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by jewsus
Do you want men in black suits showing up at your door?
They show up in black vans.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 9:37 pm

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by ZzzzX
No. Instant shutdown. And the the cards both self-destruct. =poof=
Just like what happens in Mission Impossible.

In fact, I think we've already said too m
Old Feb 22, 2015, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by horseymen
4pm checkout is a benefit of SPG, and the credit card is the only way I would get it.
If you are nice and a conduct yourself nicely you would be amazed what you can get without any published benefit.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 7:55 am

I had been doing this after my OBC was terminated.

I have had the SPG since then and was doing MS on it at the tune of about 10k-20k a month.

I was recently shutdown and banned from doing business with Amex. I was loading Redbird and then paying off Amex.

Be careful.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by aGeist
I had been doing this after my OBC was terminated.

I have had the SPG since then and was doing MS on it at the tune of about 10k-20k a month.

I was recently shutdown and banned from doing business with Amex. I was loading Redbird and then paying off Amex.

Be careful.
Wait, they shut your SPG down after a couple of months of MS?
Old Feb 23, 2015, 3:05 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by changger1
Wait, they shut your SPG down after a couple of months of MS?
He was already flagged when his OBC was cancelled. He's probably now got a lifetime ban from AmEx.

Start on page 15: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...2015-a-15.html

The closed loop of AmEx > RB > AmEx probably didn't help.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

wow, I am amazed by the ppl here in the forum whom the best answers are mocking others especially newbie. Maybe it is a rite of passage or just being mean and unuseful. BTW I love Men In Black. For the other who seriously answered thank you. I will try to not to pay back my spg with serve and or redbird. I just hope redbird or serve will not shut me down to transfer money to my bank account.
I hoped Amex was easier. Every MSer loves SPG, but basically It is very risky Msing with sPG. so why LOVING IT I wonder.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:43 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
wow, I am amazed by the ppl here in the forum whom the best answers are mocking others especially newbie. Maybe it is a rite of passage or just being mean and unuseful. BTW I love Men In Black. For the other who seriously answered thank you. I will try to not to pay back my spg with serve and or redbird. I just hope redbird or serve will not shut me down to transfer money to my bank account.
I hoped Amex was easier. Every MSer loves SPG, but basically It is very risky Msing with sPG. so why LOVING IT I wonder.
Sean, I didn't view it as mocking; just a sarcastic sense of humor.

The most recent people who have lost their AmEx cards are the ones with 5% cash back, and as a result have lost their other AmEx cards.

I would still MS a bit if I were you, but I'd use some caution.
I recommend making other purchases with your SPG card other than Target. And make them non-MS purchases - an AmEx auditor is going to recognize every MS method you or I know of and quite a few others that we don't know of.
I recommend that you not use round numbers when moving money from your SPG card to Redcard. Make it $992.43 instead of $1000. Or $138.36 instead of $135. That's so your purchases appear to be groceries, etc rather than gift cards/Redcard.
I recommend using your Redcard to pay 1) anything that can't be paid by credit card, and then 2) transfer the remainder to your checking account. Pay your SPG from your checking account; no need making it easy for them to see what you're doing by going SPG AmEx > RC > AmEx bill.

I would also recommend you look at MS with respect to your income. What's a reasonable amount to charge every month? You can go a bit above that, but MSing $100K/mo when you have an annual income of less than $75k/yr is eventually going to get you flagged.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 6:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iflyjetz
Sean, I didn't view it as mocking; just a sarcastic sense of humor.

The most recent people who have lost their AmEx cards are the ones with 5% cash back, and as a result have lost their other AmEx cards.

I would still MS a bit if I were you, but I'd use some caution.
I recommend making other purchases with your SPG card other than Target. And make them non-MS purchases - an AmEx auditor is going to recognize every MS method you or I know of and quite a few others that we don't know of.
I recommend that you not use round numbers when moving money from your SPG card to Redcard. Make it $992.43 instead of $1000. Or $138.36 instead of $135. That's so your purchases appear to be groceries, etc rather than gift cards/Redcard.
I recommend using your Redcard to pay 1) anything that can't be paid by credit card, and then 2) transfer the remainder to your checking account. Pay your SPG from your checking account; no need making it easy for them to see what you're doing by going SPG AmEx > RC > AmEx bill.

I would also recommend you look at MS with respect to your income. What's a reasonable amount to charge every month? You can go a bit above that, but MSing $100K/mo when you have an annual income of less than $75k/yr is eventually going to get you flagged.
See, I was looking for an answer complete and honest like this. THANK YOU

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.