Search

UFB Direct Airline Rewards Checking Info

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2015, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hmm.

Certainly, our favorite bow-tied blogger posted about it as early as 2012:

http://millionmilesecrets.com/2012/1...es-debit-card/

And Internet Brands own Ingy had a post on it in 2013 (granted, by one of his minion bloggers):

http://www.frugaltravelguy.com/2013/...or-credit.html

I don't think recent publicity was the straw here.
Old May 17, 2015, 11:19 pm

i've never received any notice in change of earning miles from the 1 mile for 2 dollars spent to 1 mile for 3 dollars spent. I see nothing on the UFB site about it, either. No spam message from UFB, and nothing in my UFB messages when I log in. Perhaps this does not apply to everyone?
Old May 17, 2015, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by LovePrunes
i've never received any notice in change of earning miles from the 1 mile for 2 dollars spent to 1 mile for 3 dollars spent. I see nothing on the UFB site about it, either. No spam message from UFB, and nothing in my UFB messages when I log in. Perhaps this does not apply to everyone?
The day that the notice went out, I contacted UFB. They very explicitly and clearly said that no one would be grandfathered into the current system, that all customers would be subject to the new terms.
Old May 18, 2015, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by josephstern
Hmm.

Certainly, our favorite bow-tied blogger posted about it as early as 2012:

http://millionmilesecrets.com/2012/1...es-debit-card/

And Internet Brands own Ingy had a post on it in 2013 (granted, by one of his minion bloggers):

http://www.frugaltravelguy.com/2013/...or-credit.html

I don't think recent publicity was the straw here.
Oh right, because the state of the MS community now is the same as the state of it back then. Right. Keep telling yourself that.
Old May 29, 2015, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Two notes:

1 - You should be absolutely jamming hard on your card right now. I'm not sure what date matters for the 2/1 ratio, but if it's initiation date of a charge, then you've got three days left.

2 - If any of you were tempted by the 1.25% savings rate over there, it's over. They're down to 0.70%. It's been coasting down. Not exactly a bait-and-switch, but close, in my book. Move your money somewhere better. I already did when UFB was somewhere in the 0.9% range.
Old May 29, 2015, 7:40 pm

Programs: Several dozen
Still a bit of a drug store cowboy deal at 1:3 if you can recycle plastic for paper. Not that you would get rich, but the net is positive until the Fed cranks the rates and banks pay you for holding money.

Originally Posted by josephstern
Two notes:

1 - You should be absolutely jamming hard on your card right now. I'm not sure what date matters for the 2/1 ratio, but if it's initiation date of a charge, then you've got three days left.

2 - If any of you were tempted by the 1.25% savings rate over there, it's over. They're down to 0.70%. It's been coasting down. Not exactly a bait-and-switch, but close, in my book. Move your money somewhere better. I already did when UFB was somewhere in the 0.9% range.
Old May 29, 2015, 7:43 pm

Programs: Several dozen
The community has indeed changed. The underground is growing and mum is the word on the new deals. MS is not dead, just getting more and more stealthy.

Originally Posted by ILGfly
Oh right, because the state of the MS community now is the same as the state of it back then. Right. Keep telling yourself that.
Old May 29, 2015, 7:58 pm

How are people getting funds into their accounts? The transfer tool limits me to $2000 per month, and I think that the mobile deposit option has a monthly limit as well (I think $10 000, but I can't remember). I don't really like using it anyways because of how horribly long it takes to clear checks.

One thing that I actually am looking forward to is the availability of reward miles within a month, as opposed to having to wait two months.

Last edited by Phantom707; May 29, 2015 at 8:06 pm
Old May 29, 2015, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Phantom707
How are people getting funds into their accounts? The transfer tool limits me to $2000 per month, and I think that the mobile deposit option has a monthly limit as well (I think $10 000, but I can't remember). I don't really like using it anyways because of how horribly long it takes to clear checks.

One thing that I actually am looking forward to is the availability of reward miles within a month, as opposed to having to wait two months.
Push in. No limits that way.
Old May 30, 2015, 11:06 am

Sigh. UFB, Suntrust, Hawaiian, and Nordstroms bank all hamstring their programs within months of each other. Well, Nordstroms is closing their bank altogether, which is even worse. Makes you wonder about collusion...
Old May 30, 2015, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by fluffyflying
Sigh. UFB, Suntrust, Hawaiian, and Nordstroms bank all hamstring their programs within months of each other. Well, Nordstroms is closing their bank altogether, which is even worse. Makes you wonder about collusion...
Collusion, unlikely. More like monkey see monkey do.
Old May 31, 2015, 7:37 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by fluffyflying
What was the Nodrstrom's deal, how did you MS?
Old Jun 1, 2015, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by travelfreaks
Collusion, unlikely. More like monkey see monkey do.
Or they all came to the conclusion that the numbers were just not working out. I suspect these programs were never very profitable to the banks and when folks started MSing them real hard they started losing lots of money and killed/scaled back the programs. It really isn't all that surprising.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by 36902BRF
Or they all came to the conclusion that the numbers were just not working out. I suspect these programs were never very profitable to the banks and when folks started MSing them real hard they started losing lots of money and killed/scaled back the programs. It really isn't all that surprising.
I agree, you would think a bank could keep track of costs of a program without reading FlyerTalk.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 10:04 pm

Yeah. It just sucks they all closed at the same time. Clearly the programs were losing money. Oh well, on to the next thing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.