Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UFB Direct Airline Rewards Checking Info

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2015, 8:05 am

Well, its officially dead now...New terms effective June 1st, 2015:
  • Earn 1 Mile/Point for every $ 3.00 Point-of-Sale (POS) debit transaction posted to your account.
  • Miles/Points for your checking account is credited on a monthly basis.
  • Miles/Points will be applied to your one designated participating Airline membership account within 60 days after the end of each month.
    Limited to earning 120,000 miles/points per calendar year.
  • Merchants who accept Visa/MasterCard cards are assigned a merchant code which is determined by the merchant or its processor in accordance with Visa/MasterCard procedures based on the kinds of products and services they primarily sell. Bank of Internet cannot control how merchants choose to classify a transaction; Bank of Internet cannot guarantee a transaction will qualify. Purchases made at Super Markets, Super Stores, Grocery Stores, Wholesale Stores, Discount Stores, USPS, and financial or money transfer institutions are not eligible. Purchases made using virtual wallets, funds transfer services, or other similar technology are not eligible.
Old May 1, 2015, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by clockhand
Just received this email. Are they changing to 1 AA miles / $3 now? (previously 1 miles / $2).
Yes, and the POS debit limit will increase to $2500/day.
Old May 1, 2015, 8:07 am

*EDIT* littleconsumer beat me to it.

Looks like will soon be dead for earning miles.
New changes rolling out effective June 1, 2015.

Airline Rewards Checking
Account Features:
  • Earn 1 Mile/Point for every $ 3.00 Point-of-Sale (POS) debit transaction posted to your account.
  • Miles/Points for your checking account is credited on a monthly basis.
  • Miles/Points will be applied to your one designated participating Airline membership account within 60 days after the end of each month.
  • Limited to earning 120,000 miles/points per calendar year.
  • Merchants who accept Visa/MasterCard cards are assigned a merchant code which is determined by the merchant or its processor in accordance with Visa/MasterCard procedures based on the kinds of products and services they primarily sell. Bank of Internet cannot control how merchants choose to classify a transaction; Bank of Internet cannot guarantee a transaction will qualify. Purchases made at Super Markets, Super Stores, Grocery Stores, Wholesale Stores, Discount Stores, USPS, and financial or money transfer institutions are not eligible. Purchases made using virtual wallets, funds transfer services, or other similar technology are not eligible.
  • If you close your account mid-cycle, your accrued Miles/Points will be forfeited. If your account is at zero at the end of your statement cycle, your accrued Miles/Points will be forfeited for that cycle and your account will be closed.
  • The Bank has the right to change or cancel this rewards program at any time.
  • Participating Airlines may change at any time.
  • First order of personal checks (50-pack) free (if ordered at account opening)
  • Unlimited ATM Fees Reimbursed (excludes International ATM transactions)

I apologize if this was already in their terms. I actually only use this for deposits and not to earn AA miles.
Old May 1, 2015, 8:08 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
I just got this and basically all MS activities are DEAD!
Old May 1, 2015, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by clockhand
Just received this email. Are they changing to 1 AA miles / $3 now? (previously 1 miles / $2).
Not only that, looks like there are disqualifying many transactions such as money transfer, money order, and financial institutions. UFB will be pretty much dead to me from a miles earning perspective. Still may be useful for depositing MOs and paying bills.
Old May 1, 2015, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by dr88
Yes, and the POS debit limit will increase to $2500/day.
Perhaps I'm reading too much into this, but I read the 1 mile for every $3 POS debit transaction to mean that it's a single mile for a transaction over $3.

I know that's much different than what they offer now, but just my two cents.
Old May 1, 2015, 8:19 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Sheesh... another good thing goes belly up.
Old May 1, 2015, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

31 days to jam hard!
Old May 1, 2015, 8:41 am

So, I get that financial equivalents aren't supposed to count. But do grocery stores in general not count?!?! I'm not even taking about MS right now. If I go grocery shopping, will that not count? That's ridiculous!
Old May 1, 2015, 8:50 am

I will stop all spending on this card after 6/1 and close it once the miles post. Another one bites the dust.

Yes the grocery store exclusion is ridiculous. Oh well, no more small purchases for them.
Old May 1, 2015, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by josephstern
31 days to jam hard!

Yeah this is dead. Anyone know the practical limits in a month? $1500/day is plenty for me. Are there limits to how much we can transfer in?
Old May 1, 2015, 9:03 am

It is interesting that financial and money transfer institutions are in the same sentence excluding grocery stores, supermarkets, USPS, etc. someone tell me this ain't coincidence?

now, I'm convinced they're monitoring boards.
Old May 1, 2015, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mamibear
It is interesting that financial and money transfer institutions are in the same sentence excluding grocery stores, supermarkets, USPS, etc. someone tell me this ain't coincidence?

now, I'm convinced they're monitoring boards.
They'd be insane not to.

Plenty/most of these companies do.
Old May 1, 2015, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by josephstern
They'd be insane not to.

Plenty/most of these companies do.
Yep that said this activity would have been quite obvious to them if they just looked at the account activity and I am sure they do that too. So they could have just as easily targeted the same sorts of institutions by looking at spend patterns.

That said I am sure they went looking for context and this thread and other threads/blogs would have provided it. It was obvious this was going to happen in some form at some time. There is a reason all the other mileage debit cards are dead to new customers because they just aren't profitable post financial reforms.
Old May 1, 2015, 9:48 am

It looks like no more buying MO at WM. Its how i paid my taxes last month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.