Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2015, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the 2015 Master thread for the "All Things Paypal" thread.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paypal MyCash $500 daily load limit resets after 12:00am EST
UPDATE: Reports are that it now resets at 3:00 AM EST (12:00 AM PST)
Paypal MyCash $4000 per calendar month load limit resets after 3:00am EST

An additional $4000 per month can be loaded using Greendot Moneypaks. See the Moneypak thread for issues with these. Limit purchases to no more than 2 x $500 at a time.

To get a live PayPal MyCash representative, call 1-855-721-5035, press 1 to all the voice prompts until it asks you for your PIN, and then press 0#, 0#, and 0#.

If you are getting error code 26 when loading MyCash to your account:1.Login to Paypal on a computer, not phone
2.Go to settings (it is the gear)
3.Choose selling tools on the left
4.Scroll down to: Block payments -- Limit payments, add instructions, and more -- and choose update
5.On the page "Payment Receiving Preferences" select the first radio button, "For the items not sold on eBay, Only allow payments from the users with confirmed address."
6.Be sure that NO is chosen
7.Save and you are done

Activity Leading to Shutdown
- $1-2k PPMC Loads, Serve Withdrawls and some small Debit card transactions
- $4k/month PPMC loads to accounts A/B/C, let fund sit for a few days, transfer all to account D, let funds sit for a few says, ACH full $12k. Account D also used for normal (but infrequent) PP activity. Continued for about 6 months until received warning emails on all 4 accounts.

Buying/Reloading My Cash Cards
https://www.paypal-cash.com/where_to_buy.html

Stores Hard Coded Against Credit Reloads (Reusing Cards):
Family Dollar
Dollar General
Print Wikipost

All things PAYPAL [2015 Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2015, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by xraywinedrinker
While there has been discussion of warning letters and account shut downs using ppmc for mo purchases, has anyone had issues with buying gc at the mall with ppmc?
sounds like a plan even if one is limited to $4K a month. This may not get flagged if done a few times but not on a regular basis.

If one gets 5% on their MCs, this is better than paying SMGCs with other non bonus cards.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 5:23 pm

Got a second warning. Until I got my first, I'd been using the card for regular spend and Serve/RedCard online debit loads. After the warning I started strictly doing regular spend. Occasionally I will use the card for debit and take cash back. I wonder if that's what prompted it. Mamibear I believe you stated before that you called them and got them to tell you that you should never have been warned. What number did you use? I'd like to call them to get clarification myself. I don't see how getting cash back every so often could be problematic.

ETA: Interestingly enough, this message was signed by "Troy." The first message wasn't signed by anyone.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by ttlmmky
Got a second warning. Until I got my first, I'd been using the card for regular spend and Serve/RedCard online debit loads. After the warning I started strictly doing regular spend. Occasionally I will use the card for debit and take cash back. I wonder if that's what prompted it. Mamibear I believe you stated before that you called them and got them to tell you that you should never have been warned. What number did you use? I'd like to call them to get clarification myself. I don't see how getting cash back every so often could be problematic.
It wasn't me that called but DH because he is using MCs to pay for his EMC outstanding balance, which according to their T&C is allowed as mode of payment. He called them using the number under contact us and he was referred to compliance department. After they checked his account and saw that his MCs were being used to pay his EMC CC, they cleared him and even sent an email that MCs were approved for paying EMC CC.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by Mamibear
It wasn't me that called but DH because he is using MCs to pay for his EMC outstanding balance, which according to their T&C is allowed as mode of payment. He called them using the number under contact us and he was referred to compliance department. After they checked his account and saw that his MCs were being used to pay his EMC CC, they cleared him and even sent an email that MCs were approved for paying EMC CC.
I just called them up and got transferred to account protection services, where I was told compliance was responsible for monitoring money going in and out of my account and there was no way to contact them. They told me what others were told upthread - that MyCash is intended to be loaded to your account and used for online purchases, NOT thru the PPBDMC and that using the business card was a violation of their terms (?). Whatever. I've got a good thing going throwing all my regular spend on this card. We'll see how long they let me continue.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by BostonAndy
PayPal limited both my wife's and my accounts on Wed. We had done some Bluebird loads with PayPal Business Debit cards -- but stopped when we both got warning letters in late 2014. Since then only retail spend on PayPal Extras MasterCard with payments via our PayPal accounts. Virtually all funding of the PayPal acccounts was via MyCash. Typically about $2K-$4K a month each.

I really figured we were safe with such retail spending. I guess not. I still have $600 in one of the PayPal accounts that PayPal wants to hold on to for 180 days.
A complaint to the CFPB resulted in PayPal freeing up my $600.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by BostonAndy
A complaint to the CFPB resulted in PayPal freeing up my $600.
same thing just happened to me. I filed the CFPB complaints right away. let us see.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 8:54 am

Paypal Prepaid Card

I'm sure I'm way behind on this, but was curious if you can purchase the Paypal prepaid card, and then load it with your paypal account (linked with your CC)?

Make instant transfers from your PayPal account to your Card Account.
I'm sure this would have been picked up by you guys already so I guess I'm curious why this wouldn't work?
Old Jul 30, 2015, 9:05 am

Programs: WN A-list CP, IHG plat, Hyatt plat, United Silver, Hilton Gold
paypal shuts a lot of people down and holds their money for 6 months
Old Jul 30, 2015, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by YoProWithAGoPro
Ok haha I figured I must be missing something here
Old Jul 30, 2015, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by Songer5
No one said loading MyCash gets you banned, just flagged. MS gets you banned.

It all depends on how you define MS.

I was replying to another longtime PayPal member that wasn't looking to MS (IMO), he just wanted to pay his rent this way. I thought my experience was comparable, sorry that you apparently did not.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by YoProWithAGoPro
One way of loading the prepaid card is using your PP balance. Why would you be shut down for doing that, assuming you're not doing $4k each month?

Last edited by dothemath; Jul 31, 2015 at 11:29 am
Old Aug 3, 2015, 12:21 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, CX G, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott TTN
MyCash Fraud - Funds Gone when I tried to load

Questions, couldn't find much info in the forum. Has anyone experienced buying a MyCash card, then trying to load into your PP account sometime later (in my case 5 weeks as bought a bunch to meet minimum spend) and then the funds were drained already by someone else? PP giving run around and tried talking up with Walgreens and they said to go back to PP. Next step talk to cc company? Police report?

any advice appreciated!
Old Aug 3, 2015, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by cjwong88
Questions, couldn't find much info in the forum. Has anyone experienced buying a MyCash card, then trying to load into your PP account sometime later (in my case 5 weeks as bought a bunch to meet minimum spend) and then the funds were drained already by someone else? PP giving run around and tried talking up with Walgreens and they said to go back to PP. Next step talk to cc company? Police report?

any advice appreciated!
when I buy MCs from WAG, cashiers always say these are non refundable blah blah blah. that means that should there be any problem, you deal with PPal, not them. in your case, it won't hurt to file a police report and then go back to PP with all your receipts as proof you're the buyer of the MCs. Since there are unique PINs, they can easily trace the PP accounts funds were loaded to. Do not accept BS if they say they can't do that because these MCs are unlike VGCs that can be directly swiped at POS by thieves to go on a shopping spree without their information attached to it. MCs are traceable and can be clawed back from accounts they were loaded to if they are found to be stolen. But that is up to PPal if they want to claw it back but still, you should be made whole.

if PP gives you the runaround, go to CFPB to file a complaint with your receipts as proof of purchase and dates you tried to load them to your PP account(s).If they ask for a copy of police report, send them a scan. If you don't have the receipts anymore, you can go back to WAG to ask for an electronic journal report(this is what their duplicate receipts are called). as long as you know the approx time and date of purchase, they can make a copy for you.

Good luck!
Old Aug 3, 2015, 9:13 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, CX G, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott TTN
Thanks for the advice. As expected....PP are being d*cks by saying I "willingly" gave up the PIN and was apparently "scammed" into giving the PIN up to someone else so they denied my case. Police report it is...then CFPB and BBB here we come!

Originally Posted by Mamibear
when I buy MCs from WAG, cashiers always say these are non refundable blah blah blah. that means that should there be any problem, you deal with PPal, not them. in your case, it won't hurt to file a police report and then go back to PP with all your receipts as proof you're the buyer of the MCs. Since there are unique PINs, they can easily trace the PP accounts funds were loaded to. Do not accept BS if they say they can't do that because these MCs are unlike VGCs that can be directly swiped at POS by thieves to go on a shopping spree without their information attached to it. MCs are traceable and can be clawed back from accounts they were loaded to if they are found to be stolen. But that is up to PPal if they want to claw it back but still, you should be made whole.

if PP gives you the runaround, go to CFPB to file a complaint with your receipts as proof of purchase and dates you tried to load them to your PP account(s).If they ask for a copy of police report, send them a scan. If you don't have the receipts anymore, you can go back to WAG to ask for an electronic journal report(this is what their duplicate receipts are called). as long as you know the approx time and date of purchase, they can make a copy for you.

Good luck!
Old Aug 5, 2015, 8:53 am

ok, so i promised an update and here it is:

1. calling the 866 activation number requires the same information as doing it on the website (dob, ssn) in order to activate/set the pin, so you might as well use a pre-fill form on your browser instead of dictating all this crap to human.

2. paypal will mail you a "permanent" card for every temp that you register, they apparently will do this indefinitely. you don't have to activate it and can keep buying the one use temp cards (unlike with vanilla one temp/permanent cards which you can only have 3 for life per ssn).

so, if you're not too adverse of giving your info to paypal i still think this is a huge opportunity of getting 3x points for 4.95$ fee...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.