Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2015, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the 2015 Master thread for the "All Things Paypal" thread.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paypal MyCash $500 daily load limit resets after 12:00am EST
UPDATE: Reports are that it now resets at 3:00 AM EST (12:00 AM PST)
Paypal MyCash $4000 per calendar month load limit resets after 3:00am EST

An additional $4000 per month can be loaded using Greendot Moneypaks. See the Moneypak thread for issues with these. Limit purchases to no more than 2 x $500 at a time.

To get a live PayPal MyCash representative, call 1-855-721-5035, press 1 to all the voice prompts until it asks you for your PIN, and then press 0#, 0#, and 0#.

If you are getting error code 26 when loading MyCash to your account:1.Login to Paypal on a computer, not phone
2.Go to settings (it is the gear)
3.Choose selling tools on the left
4.Scroll down to: Block payments -- Limit payments, add instructions, and more -- and choose update
5.On the page "Payment Receiving Preferences" select the first radio button, "For the items not sold on eBay, Only allow payments from the users with confirmed address."
6.Be sure that NO is chosen
7.Save and you are done

Activity Leading to Shutdown
- $1-2k PPMC Loads, Serve Withdrawls and some small Debit card transactions
- $4k/month PPMC loads to accounts A/B/C, let fund sit for a few days, transfer all to account D, let funds sit for a few says, ACH full $12k. Account D also used for normal (but infrequent) PP activity. Continued for about 6 months until received warning emails on all 4 accounts.

Buying/Reloading My Cash Cards
https://www.paypal-cash.com/where_to_buy.html

Stores Hard Coded Against Credit Reloads (Reusing Cards):
Family Dollar
Dollar General
Print Wikipost

All things PAYPAL [2015 Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2015, 2:59 pm
CDO
Suspended

Originally Posted by craz
As I posted elewhere I actually emailed them and got a response back that my acct is 100% AOK and I can continue doing as I have done. Loaded alittle via MC and bingo got my acct frozen. The reps I spoke with basically say theres another dept handling this and agreed he was able to see and read PPs email response to me and for sure the right hand has no idea what the left is doing.

To no avail as the dept you need to speak to cant be reached by an outsider and Dec they are over whelmed dealing with all the sellers tax forms that have to go out. I called up the other day and got a rep that said to hold on as he needed to look everything over and then told me he was able to lift the Hold and wait 10 mins and I can Withdraw my $$, I hope he doesnt lose his job but my $$ is on the way to my bank.

I stongly suggest that anyone who has gotten this warning to immediately stop from loading any more $$ via MyCash unless you want your $$ frozen and your PP acct closed down. Do as I have and find another sand box to play in.
or just liquidate right after loading.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by craz
As I posted elewhere I actually emailed them and got a response back that my acct is 100% AOK and I can continue doing as I have done. Loaded alittle via MC and bingo got my acct frozen. The reps I spoke with basically say theres another dept handling this and agreed he was able to see and read PPs email response to me and for sure the right hand has no idea what the left is doing.

To no avail as the dept you need to speak to cant be reached by an outsider and Dec they are over whelmed dealing with all the sellers tax forms that have to go out. I called up the other day and got a rep that said to hold on as he needed to look everything over and then told me he was able to lift the Hold and wait 10 mins and I can Withdraw my $$, I hope he doesnt lose his job but my $$ is on the way to my bank.

I stongly suggest that anyone who has gotten this warning to immediately stop from loading any more $$ via MyCash unless you want your $$ frozen and your PP acct closed down. Do as I have and find another sand box to play in.

Good for you. I may need to keep calling and hopefully get a helpful agent. I dont have previous email with them, so I may not be as lucky as you. I dont mind they limit my account, but just give me my money back.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by Yaoyao
I would stop completely. It is not worth the risk of having fund held for 180 days by just MSing $4000/m. If you dont care about the acct being limited, just keep your balance low. I think PP does monthly audit at the beginning of the month. My account was limited after two warning emails. I should've completely stopped instead of slowing it down.
If cash flow is not a problem, why stop? I earn more in one month of MS in from Paypal than I would if I had 20K in the bank for 6 months. I will max out as long as I can. I havent received any warnings this month yet. The only thing I have done differently is I reload after doing all the serve loads. Downside is I keep a permanent balance now in my PP account.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 4:33 pm

I got the email too... is it the consensus that it is a mass email for anyone who buys PPMC cards? I spend a ton w/regular CC purchase and also do online S3rv3 loads but no P1N purchases anymore.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by Walmero
I got the email too... is it the consensus that it is a mass email for anyone who buys PPMC cards? I spend a ton w/regular CC purchase and also do online S3rv3 loads but no P1N purchases anymore.
Did you transfer money to somebody else's account or just Serve loads and regular purchases?
Old Jan 9, 2015, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by nadir576
Ok got the boot from PP and now my account is limited
Got the "account frozen" email yesterday as well. It's very informative:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
There's an issue with your account
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello [dedkends]

Because of this issue, your account has been permanently limited. We
understand this may be frustrating and inconvenient but you'll still be
able to see your transaction history for a limited time.

You can get more details about your account limitation in the Resolution
Center. For more information, please contact us and we'll do our best to
help.

You'll be able to withdraw money from your account within 180 days. We'll
email you when it's available. We just want to make sure that you have
money in your account to cover any payment reversals.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by dedkends
Got the "account frozen" email yesterday as well. It's very informative:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
There's an issue with your account
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello [dedkends]

Because of this issue, your account has been permanently limited. We
understand this may be frustrating and inconvenient but you'll still be
able to see your transaction history for a limited time.

You can get more details about your account limitation in the Resolution
Center. For more information, please contact us and we'll do our best to
help.

You'll be able to withdraw money from your account within 180 days. We'll
email you when it's available. We just want to make sure that you have
money in your account to cover any payment reversals.
Just curious by what it means to have an account "limited"? Does it mean your adding and spending limits from your PP balance are implemented to say $1K/month? What does "limited" exactly mean?
Old Jan 9, 2015, 6:27 pm

Programs: Regal Crown Club
Originally Posted by Walmero
Doubt that. Been loading $4k/m for a couple months now and have never received any email from PP. Used to load max Serve but switched to RB and don't do that anymore. I use my PPDC for pretty much everything which isn't in category grocery, gas, drugstore - regardless of SIG or PIN. It's my 5% on everything card.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by CDO
or just liquidate right after loading.
this is what I've been doing now leaving very little balance on my account.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 6:35 pm

PP Question

Have 2 PP accts, one I use a lot with eBay that I need to be careful with but the other is in SO's name and only use it for MS by maxing the 4K each mo. No letter yet but has to come at some point. If it does we just move on but...

The CC friendly RA is a couple of blocks from WM and it would seem safe to buy a couple of MC cards at a time, load to PP using smart phone, then immediately go to WM for a MO. Funds would be in acct no more than 15 min. If the "lock down" comes should that be quick enough to not have money tied up?
Old Jan 9, 2015, 8:27 pm

Got a warning email today too. Had been doing 4k a month for a few months now. Gonna lay low in mycash for the time being since I use paypal a lot for ebay stuff. Might think about using the SOs paypal but they dont have a debit card so I'd have to remedy that first...
Old Jan 9, 2015, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by bj993
The CC friendly RA is a couple of blocks from WM and it would seem safe to buy a couple of MC cards at a time, load to PP using smart phone, then immediately go to WM for a MO. Funds would be in acct no more than 15 min. If the "lock down" comes should that be quick enough to not have money tied up?
You forget that there is a $500 daily limit on the loads.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 3:07 am

We should all rally our elected officials to do something about this crap. PayPal shouldn't decide how we spend our money. If they don't like it, close the account. But that tactic of keeping our funds for 180 days should be illegal, and met with a BIG FINE.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 6:12 am
Suspended

As I mentioned in my earlier post, nothing is safe when it comes to PP. Once you get these warning emails (esp the 2nd one) you are toast if you keep loading MC card. If the account is important, stop using PPMC and thank me later!
Old Jan 10, 2015, 6:49 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Yaoyao
I have a regular PP account that I never used to load mycash card. However, I got the warning mail as well. I think that PP has a way to link the accounts. I did use it to accept the money from other account. I dont know whether PP would eventually put an limitation on that account.
My friend just had all the accounts she was managing shut down at once. They connected all of them just like you mentioned. She said they had different SS#, physical addresses, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.