Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2015, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the 2015 Master thread for the "All Things Paypal" thread.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paypal MyCash $500 daily load limit resets after 12:00am EST
UPDATE: Reports are that it now resets at 3:00 AM EST (12:00 AM PST)
Paypal MyCash $4000 per calendar month load limit resets after 3:00am EST

An additional $4000 per month can be loaded using Greendot Moneypaks. See the Moneypak thread for issues with these. Limit purchases to no more than 2 x $500 at a time.

To get a live PayPal MyCash representative, call 1-855-721-5035, press 1 to all the voice prompts until it asks you for your PIN, and then press 0#, 0#, and 0#.

If you are getting error code 26 when loading MyCash to your account:1.Login to Paypal on a computer, not phone
2.Go to settings (it is the gear)
3.Choose selling tools on the left
4.Scroll down to: Block payments -- Limit payments, add instructions, and more -- and choose update
5.On the page "Payment Receiving Preferences" select the first radio button, "For the items not sold on eBay, Only allow payments from the users with confirmed address."
6.Be sure that NO is chosen
7.Save and you are done

Activity Leading to Shutdown
- $1-2k PPMC Loads, Serve Withdrawls and some small Debit card transactions
- $4k/month PPMC loads to accounts A/B/C, let fund sit for a few days, transfer all to account D, let funds sit for a few says, ACH full $12k. Account D also used for normal (but infrequent) PP activity. Continued for about 6 months until received warning emails on all 4 accounts.

Buying/Reloading My Cash Cards
https://www.paypal-cash.com/where_to_buy.html

Stores Hard Coded Against Credit Reloads (Reusing Cards):
Family Dollar
Dollar General
Print Wikipost

All things PAYPAL [2015 Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2015, 9:26 am
jk2

My wife's account just received another "warning" e-mail from Paypal. The same wording with new addition:

"The MyCash feature is for making deposits to your PayPal account for retail purchases."

Our pattern was to load $4k/month and use it for Citi payments by phone. Never withdrawn funds to bank account. Am I correct that (i) payments by phone are not OK with PayPal and (ii) if second warning is received, the best outcome is just don't use this card (PPBDMC) anymore?

Thanks!
Old Jan 9, 2015, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by jk2
My wife's account just received another "warning" e-mail from Paypal. The same wording with new addition:

"The MyCash feature is for making deposits to your PayPal account for retail purchases."

Our pattern was to load $4k/month and use it for Citi payments by phone. Never withdrawn funds to bank account. Am I correct that (i) payments by phone are not OK with PayPal and (ii) if second warning is received, the best outcome is just don't use this card (PPBDMC) anymore?

Thanks!
I would stop completely. It is not worth the risk of having fund held for 180 days by just MSing $4000/m. If you dont care about the acct being limited, just keep your balance low. I think PP does monthly audit at the beginning of the month. My account was limited after two warning emails. I should've completely stopped instead of slowing it down.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 10:19 am
jk2

Originally Posted by Yaoyao
I would stop completely. It is not worth the risk of having fund held for 180 days by just MSing $4000/m. If you dont care about the acct being limited, just keep your balance low. I think PP does monthly audit at the beginning of the month. My account was limited after two warning emails. I should've completely stopped instead of slowing it down.
Yes, it is probably a best solution. Technically, this is my wife's account who allows me to use it for MS purposes. So, I don't want to mess up with it. It is too bad that one more avenue is shutting down, but this is a life.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 10:23 am

Just got the email as well. I've been doing about $4k/mo and loading $1500 to Serve for maybe a year now but I also sell a lot of stuff on ebay so I have a lot of PP activity that I thought would mask it. I used to transfer to bank when I was purely selling, but stopped doing that once I started loading with the MyCash cards. Now its just load via Serve or MO. I hate PP, but unfortunately its become a necessary evil selling things on ebay. Looks like I might have to stop completely or really tone it down since I don't want to lose my PP account.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 10:50 am

> I recently went shopping for a PayPal My Cash Card in Oakland, CA. I tried CVS, Rite Aid & Walgreen's.
> None carry the product. Any idea where else to try (7-11?)?

Minor update: I did find another Walgreens in Oakland that carried the cards. When I tried to purchase via CC, the register blocked the transaction.

Last edited by Rich999; Jan 9, 2015 at 10:52 am Reason: add quoted text
Old Jan 9, 2015, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by Rich999
> I recently went shopping for a PayPal My Cash Card in Oakland, CA. I tried CVS, Rite Aid & Walgreen's.
> None carry the product. Any idea where else to try (7-11?)?

Minor update: I did find another Walgreens in Oakland that carried the cards. When I tried to purchase via CC, the register blocked the transaction.
Are you sure it wasnt a FA? Not had a problem with wags myself, thats the only place i have around that carries them and allows cc
Old Jan 9, 2015, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by crapz1
Just got the email as well. I've been doing about $4k/mo and loading $1500 to Serve for maybe a year now but I also sell a lot of stuff on ebay so I have a lot of PP activity that I thought would mask it. I used to transfer to bank when I was purely selling, but stopped doing that once I started loading with the MyCash cards. Now its just load via Serve or MO. I hate PP, but unfortunately its become a necessary evil selling things on ebay. Looks like I might have to stop completely or really tone it down since I don't want to lose my PP account.
I have a regular PP account that I never used to load mycash card. However, I got the warning mail as well. I think that PP has a way to link the accounts. I did use it to accept the money from other account. I dont know whether PP would eventually put an limitation on that account.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 1:43 pm

Do you know if in case of shutdown I would be able to open a new account later at least for using on ebay?

Another idea for unloading - PPBDMC via ALR. It will cost 1.75%-1%=0.75%.
What do you think?

Last edited by groundhog; Jan 9, 2015 at 1:59 pm
Old Jan 9, 2015, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by groundhog
Do you know if in case of shutdown I would be able to open a new account later at least for using on ebay?

Another idea for unloading - Amazon LR. It will cost 1.75%-1%=0.75%.
What do you think?
You should be able to open a new account using different email address. I'm not sure whether you need to link different bank/CC info.

I never thought of using ALR to unload PPBMC. It should work and provide a good alternative spending.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by groundhog

Another idea for unloading - PPBDMC via ALR. It will cost 1.75%-1%=0.75%.
What do you think?
If your name is on the PPBDC, wouldn't it show on amazon's end? Wouldn't this be similar to those shutdown for swiping their own CCs? I'd be careful about this unless you want to take the risk of losing your ALR account.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 2:09 pm

Are there any items on ebay that we can buy via paypal and liquidate for close to nominal value?
Old Jan 9, 2015, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by Mamibear
If your name is on the PPBDC, wouldn't it show on amazon's end? Wouldn't this be similar to those shutdown for swiping their own CCs? I'd be careful about this unless you want to take the risk of losing your ALR account.
Can I use my wife's card?
Who needs ALR anyway if you can't use it for your own card?
Old Jan 9, 2015, 2:16 pm

AFT or RB can be another way to unload. Too bad it has limits and other cards are waiting for this route too.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 2:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mamibear
by limited, do you mean your account is still open or is it frozen so you can't add or move $$ out? Sorry to hear you didn't even get a warning letter but just booted out by surprise?!

from what I've read, 180 days or 6 months is the average time people have gotten their funds back but you can always try reporting to CFPB to help you since FDIC may not work because pp is not a bank.
As I posted elewhere I actually emailed them and got a response back that my acct is 100% AOK and I can continue doing as I have done. Loaded alittle via MC and bingo got my acct frozen. The reps I spoke with basically say theres another dept handling this and agreed he was able to see and read PPs email response to me and for sure the right hand has no idea what the left is doing.

To no avail as the dept you need to speak to cant be reached by an outsider and Dec they are over whelmed dealing with all the sellers tax forms that have to go out. I called up the other day and got a rep that said to hold on as he needed to look everything over and then told me he was able to lift the Hold and wait 10 mins and I can Withdraw my $$, I hope he doesnt lose his job but my $$ is on the way to my bank.

I stongly suggest that anyone who has gotten this warning to immediately stop from loading any more $$ via MyCash unless you want your $$ frozen and your PP acct closed down. Do as I have and find another sand box to play in.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 2:56 pm
CDO
Suspended

Originally Posted by Yaoyao
can you still use ebay if your account is limited?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.