Old Jan 10, 2015, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ed765
This thread has begun a new tradition of annual master threads, this one on Visa Buxx. The previous 2003- 2014 megathread is here.

tcook052
MS Forum Moderator

Buxx cards can only be loaded with a Visa or MasterCard.

NW Buxx

•Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053 - ( the promo code appears to be working consistently)
•$2 load fee
•Max load per rolling 7 days: $500
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
•Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
•Max spend per rolling 7 days: $800
•Max # of CC on file is 2.
•Max balance per card: $1000
•Max of 2 loads per CC per 7 day rolling period.

If you card fails to load, check to see if there are at least 7 calendar days between loads, make sure the load won't bring your card above the maximum balance, or try the other CC.

Funding with Citi cards codes as a purchase for NW Buxx.
TD Bank Go Buxx

•Can only be loaded with TD Bank credit cards, debit cards or direct deposit
•Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee
•Max load per day: $500
•Max load per 7 days: $2,000
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
•Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
•Max balance: $2,000
•Max transactions: no limit
•Max load per funding TD CC (across multiple teens): $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

TD Bank card loads are treated as purchases by TD Bank and earn points.

Cannot be used to pay CITI or Capital One cards by phone.

States not supported: AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY

USPS MOs count against the ATM withdrawal limit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.

USB Buxx (closed)

USB BUXX is closed:
Last day to load was Oct 24th, 2015.
Last day to use or withdraw all funds Dec 30th.
Cards closed Dec 31st
Transaction History available through 6/30/16

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.

Print Wikipost

VISA Buxx (2015)

Old Jul 28, 2015, 7:05 am

Programs: SPG, SWR
Capital One Venture

I just got a venture card and was going to use it to load NW Buxx. This is my first Capital One card and I'm not sure how MS friendly they are. Anyone have any issues loading NW Buxx with Venture?

Thanks.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 2:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by JuneBug30
I just got a venture card and was going to use it to load NW Buxx. This is my first Capital One card and I'm not sure how MS friendly they are. Anyone have any issues loading NW Buxx with Venture?

Thanks.
I pimp my venture cards like dirty whores and have yet to be shut down.. No issues for me
Old Jul 29, 2015, 9:28 am

I usually load straight to Red card at Target so never really tried this before, but can NW Buxx be linked to Red Card as a Debit card source?
I just linked my NW Buxx to Red Card and tried to fund the account from the Buxx and it denied this transaction saying "this type of transaction is denied. contact number on your debit card, etc.."

Is NW Buxx "linkable" to Red Card? Did I miss something here?
Thanks.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by msiamsia
I usually load straight to Red card at Target so never really tried this before, but can NW Buxx be linked to Red Card as a Debit card source?
I just linked my NW Buxx to Red Card and tried to fund the account from the Buxx and it denied this transaction saying "this type of transaction is denied. contact number on your debit card, etc.."

Is NW Buxx "linkable" to Red Card? Did I miss something here?
Thanks.
RB is another amex prepaid card and just like Serve, they do not allow a prepaid DC to be used as funding source. in the past, they allowed USbuxx as funding source but that has been changed for a long time now. I'm not sure about NWbuxx.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear
RB is another amex prepaid card and just like Serve, they do not allow a prepaid DC to be used as funding source. in the past, they allowed USbuxx as funding source but that has been changed for a long time now. I'm not sure about NWbuxx.
Thank you. So, it appears RB/Serve is taking only the true DC but not Buxx card as a funding source then. I used to fund BB from TD Buxx card (linked online) but that probably got changed by now.
I was hoping to free up that $1K/month with linkable debit card, but NW Buxx may not be the choice for that.

Again, thank you.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 10:43 am
formerly southsidesilver

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, HH Diamond
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamibear View Post
Thank you. So, it appears RB/Serve is taking only the true DC but not Buxx card as a funding source then. I used to fund BB from TD Buxx card (linked online) but that probably got changed by now.
I was hoping to free up that $1K/month with linkable debit card, but NW Buxx may not be the choice for that.

Again, thank you.
Yep, NW Buxx cards do not work for loads for Redbird Online.
They can however be used at the store to load up to $800.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 9:10 am

"Keep in kind that the cost to load the buxx is part of the total amount available to load each month. With the usbuxx card, I can only load $475 due to the $2.50 load fee."

Originally Posted by stupidzbu
not true because I've been loading 2x $500 a month per teen for months now and getting charged $1004
This is certainly true with the USBuxx card so it's quite possible the same limits hold true for NWBuxx. I just tried to complete a load at $500 on USB and it was denied. Another load request at $475 (+2.5 load fee) allowed the transaction to go through. Did you try to add funds minus prior load funds?
Old Jul 30, 2015, 9:18 am

IME, I've gotten error messages months ago that I couldn't figure out where it was coming from. I don't know when it changed for MY USbx account but for at least four months now, the max load for me (per teen card) excluding the $10 fees is $1990. Since I figured this out, I've had no more issues.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 5:03 pm

I have no issue to charge $2000 +$10 fee to any USBuxx within 10 minutes on the same day.

I also can load 2x $500 a month per teen for months and get charged $1004 for NWBuxx

Originally Posted by xraywinedrinker
"Keep in kind that the cost to load the buxx is part of the total amount available to load each month. With the usbuxx card, I can only load $475 due to the $2.50 load fee."

This is certainly true with the USBuxx card so it's quite possible the same limits hold true for NWBuxx. I just tried to complete a load at $500 on USB and it was denied. Another load request at $475 (+2.5 load fee) allowed the transaction to go through. Did you try to add funds minus prior load funds?
Old Jul 31, 2015, 5:30 pm

IME, I've gotten error messages months ago that I couldn't figure out where it was coming from. I don't know when it changed for MY USbx account but for at least four months now, the max load for me (per teen card) excluding the $10 fees is $1990. Since I figured this out, I've had no more issues.
The weekly and 30 day limit per card are followed in spirit.
Put your last two months transactions for each credit card by date. You will be able to project next eligible transaction date based on weekly and 30 day rule.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 11:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier, HHonors Gold
Am I missing something? I have no problem loading Serve with a prepaid DC at WM.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by neos
Am I missing something? I have no problem loading Serve with a prepaid DC at WM.
They're talking about using the online debit load function. Prepaid debit cards usually don't work online.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 10:51 am

NW buxx Allpoint fees???

Usually get hit with a $1 charge every time I use the ATM, even though I only use Allpoint ATMs. Last called in to reverse the charges on 6/12/15. Called again today and told that as of 5/5/15 there has been a change to terms and conditions and that there is now a $1 non-reversible fee for Allpoint ATMs. Asked to speak to a supervisor who confirmed the new rule (previous reversal was done in error). She will escalate it up the ranks and in 4 days or so someone is supposed to call me back to let me know if I got a one time courtesy reversal.

Of course I never heard of this rule and the website still lists Allpoint ATMs as fee free. Anyone else encountered this?
Old Aug 3, 2015, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by fafa123
Usually get hit with a $1 charge every time I use the ATM, even though I only use Allpoint ATMs. Last called in to reverse the charges on 6/12/15. Called again today and told that as of 5/5/15 there has been a change to terms and conditions and that there is now a $1 non-reversible fee for Allpoint ATMs. Asked to speak to a supervisor who confirmed the new rule (previous reversal was done in error). She will escalate it up the ranks and in 4 days or so someone is supposed to call me back to let me know if I got a one time courtesy reversal.

Of course I never heard of this rule and the website still lists Allpoint ATMs as fee free. Anyone else encountered this?
Ditto. Same exact thing for me. Sooooo frustrating!
Old Aug 3, 2015, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by Steelcurtain
Ditto. Same exact thing for me. Sooooo frustrating!
Haven't used NW Buxx in a while but if this is the case, I'll just avoid loading a full $1k and load $800 and do a three way split $2398.12 BP at WM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.