Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2015, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ed765
This thread has begun a new tradition of annual master threads, this one on Visa Buxx. The previous 2003- 2014 megathread is here.

tcook052
MS Forum Moderator

Buxx cards can only be loaded with a Visa or MasterCard.

NW Buxx

•Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053 - ( the promo code appears to be working consistently)
•$2 load fee
•Max load per rolling 7 days: $500
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
•Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
•Max spend per rolling 7 days: $800
•Max # of CC on file is 2.
•Max balance per card: $1000
•Max of 2 loads per CC per 7 day rolling period.

If you card fails to load, check to see if there are at least 7 calendar days between loads, make sure the load won't bring your card above the maximum balance, or try the other CC.

Funding with Citi cards codes as a purchase for NW Buxx.
TD Bank Go Buxx

•Can only be loaded with TD Bank credit cards, debit cards or direct deposit
•Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee
•Max load per day: $500
•Max load per 7 days: $2,000
•Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
•Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
•Max balance: $2,000
•Max transactions: no limit
•Max load per funding TD CC (across multiple teens): $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

TD Bank card loads are treated as purchases by TD Bank and earn points.

Cannot be used to pay CITI or Capital One cards by phone.

States not supported: AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY

USPS MOs count against the ATM withdrawal limit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.

USB Buxx (closed)

USB BUXX is closed:
Last day to load was Oct 24th, 2015.
Last day to use or withdraw all funds Dec 30th.
Cards closed Dec 31st
Transaction History available through 6/30/16

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.

Print Wikipost

VISA Buxx (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2015, 8:54 am

thanks guys for info.....
Old Jan 21, 2015, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by jk2
Me too, however, for some reason, Club Carlson Business card doesn't work (rejected), but personal does.
I just did the CC business and it worked...who knows...
Old Jan 22, 2015, 7:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Songer5
I wouldn't call it "resolved." The CSR gave me a statement credit to make me whole, but also informed me that (according to the Citi Rewards team), I'm not supposed to get my 1% on "payments related to gift card spend."

Frankly, that didn't make sense to me given (a) I would think it'd be easier to track and exclude on the "purchase" side and (b) the missing amount was $0.71 which translated to $71 of payments when the NW Buxx loads were always $502.
FYI, I just got a written letter from Citi dated Jan 7, 2015 stating as follows:

"While we will allow purchased gift cards to earn the purchase reward, they are excluded from earning the payment reward."
Old Jan 22, 2015, 11:17 pm

FYI, I just got a written letter from Citi dated Jan 7, 2015 stating as follows:

"While we will allow purchased gift cards to earn the purchase reward, they are excluded from earning the payment reward."
Hmm...sounds like Citi DC isn't good for using with Buxx.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 1:18 pm

Has anyone tried to load TD Buxx with the TD Aeroplan card? If so, did you earn rewards for it? Thanks!
Old Jan 25, 2015, 2:53 pm

Citi DC is categorizing NWBuxx as a financial institution. I am wondering if thats the reason it is not giving full 2%CB. Anyone getting their CB trimmed when loading with USBuxx, which is not coded as FI by Citi?
Old Jan 26, 2015, 10:07 am

I just got the club carlson card, the wiki says us bank cards don't give points, yet there are reports to the contrary - is the wiki inaccurate? Did people get the spend bonus after loading US BUxx recently? I am looking to meet the minimum spend.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 10:05 am

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by esw30
Has anyone tried to load TD Buxx with the TD Aeroplan card? If so, did you earn rewards for it? Thanks!
I recall seeing in the previous mega-thread that TD CC holders (their CB card and Aeroplan) did receive points/miles, but have not seen a recent data point. Do you have the TD Aeroplan card? Thinking I might get it to start using these Buxx cards again and to bump up my Star Alliance mileage total if the loads award points.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 3:46 pm

I know there's not much of us left out there, but for anyone who can activate a new US Buxx card, if you forget to set the pin, you need to use a different number:

888-314-2899 - Activation number
888-310-2899 - Customer service number (press 5 to change pin)
Old Jan 29, 2015, 9:45 am

I was just told by JP Morgan fraud services that for my Ritz card the Nationwide buxx came in as a cash advance. Is this normal operating procedure for Nationwide or does anyone else use NBuxx for MS here? lol I was thinking it might work for me, but not if it codes as cash advance.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 9:55 am

Programs: IHG Plat
Originally Posted by KennyS2006
I was just told by JP Morgan fraud services that for my Ritz card the Nationwide buxx came in as a cash advance. Is this normal operating procedure for Nationwide or does anyone else use NBuxx for MS here? lol I was thinking it might work for me, but not if it codes as cash advance.
well nationwide is a financial institution
Old Jan 29, 2015, 9:59 pm

I used my Ritz card to load NW as well and it went to sucessfully for the past three times WITHOUT cash advance fee. Last time I loaded was 1/15. Did they change how they count as cash advance?

Maybe some else can provider further insight on this...
Old Jan 30, 2015, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by greatname
I used my Ritz card to load NW as well and it went to sucessfully for the past three times WITHOUT cash advance fee. Last time I loaded was 1/15. Did they change how they count as cash advance?

Maybe some else can provider further insight on this...
I'm hoping that it won't count as one when it hits... but we'll see. Never taken a cash advance so I have no idea what fees I might be in for.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 7:41 am

Programs: United MileagePlus, Hyatt Platinum
Anyone still doing these?

I'm late to the game so the only one I'd qualify for is NW Buxx at a cost of $4/ mo for a measly 1000 points. (Maybe times 2) Not sure it's worth the hassle.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by bobby21
I just got the club carlson card, the wiki says us bank cards don't give points, yet there are reports to the contrary - is the wiki inaccurate? Did people get the spend bonus after loading US BUxx recently? I am looking to meet the minimum spend.
I tested it out and I did not get points using Club Carlson Biz card

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.