Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

RadPad - Pay Your Rent With Debit/Credit Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RadPad - Pay Your Rent With Debit/Credit Card

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2017, 10:41 am

Programs: AA PLT, AS 75K, DL DM, HY Globalist, HH Diamond, MC/RZ/SW Platinum, AB/UA Silver, WN CP
Originally Posted by CJS415
Since Sapphire Reserve is now dead for 3x with RadPad (or what seems to be dead), an alternative to earning 3x points would be with the new USBank Altitude Reserve. This card offers 3x with mobile payments, and RadPad allows you to pay with Apple Pay, so this could potentially be a move for 3x points. I have never used the US Bank travel portal, and they might not be the best points, but at least they are worth 1.5 cents a piece. We're probably going to have to wait a while for some data points.
Why not just use Plastiq instead? 3x + lower fee
Old May 15, 2017, 11:05 am

Programs: BART Platinum, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by Carl
Why not just use Plastiq instead? 3x + lower fee
The problem with Plastiq is that the coding is not consistent. It can change even for the exact same payee from month to month, so past 3x earning is no guarantee of future 3x earning. At least with RadPad + Apple Pay + USB Altitude Reserve you are guaranteed to get your 3x points every month.
Old May 15, 2017, 11:27 am

Programs: AA PLT, AS 75K, DL DM, HY Globalist, HH Diamond, MC/RZ/SW Platinum, AB/UA Silver, WN CP
Originally Posted by milypan
The problem with Plastiq is that the coding is not consistent. It can change even for the exact same payee from month to month, so past 3x earning is no guarantee of future 3x earning. At least with RadPad + Apple Pay + USB Altitude Reserve you are guaranteed to get your 3x points every month.
Ah, I wasn't aware of the inconsistent coding. Agree that the formula otherwise makes sense. Just very difficult to get approved for Altitude for most of us who regularly acquire cards. Have to basically swear off opening any new ones for six months. That's almost like going cold turkey.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 2:57 pm

Programs: MR, UR, , AA, SW, KF, UA, DL, BC, C1, Wyndham, Star, Marriott
Smile Confirmation that Amex cards are still working on Radpad?

They are not working on Plastiq so I am considering this as an alternative. I know things cn change, but before I apply for SPG business card, it would be good to know that I can make the spend requirements by paying my rent somewhere... Thx for your DPs...
Old Oct 22, 2017, 4:29 pm

I think they're done, they were liquidating laptops.....

https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/co...adpad_is_over/
Old Oct 22, 2017, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by lumangoy
I think they're done, they were liquidating laptops.....

https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/co...adpad_is_over/
Old news. They got hit by a CL lawsuit, went under, and got bought/bailed out by a different company to be resurrected.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TheJerm
Old news. They got hit by a CL lawsuit, went under, and got bought/bailed out by a different company to be resurrected.
Website is still up. Is this a new company?

https://www.onradpad.com/paymyrent
Old Jan 29, 2018, 12:33 pm

Stay away from RadPad. They now have a secret verification process that they do not tell you about, and they will skip making your rent payments without telling you. Even after I verified with them, they still didn't process my payment.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by TheJerm
Stay away from RadPad. They now have a secret verification process that they do not tell you about, and they will skip making your rent payments without telling you. Even after I verified with them, they still didn't process my payment.
To which I would also add: they now wait until almost the time of the payment to let you know that they now only pay via ACH (no checks). As my landlord understandably didn't want to divulge bank account info to an unknown entity, that was the end of that.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 11:44 am

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
I know this is an old thread, but there is a connection... I guess radpad is dead again... I was happily using it for last 3 years

We regret to inform you that RadPad will be closing down as of Friday, January 15, 2021. On that date you will no longer have the ability to search for rental listings, contact landlords, or order a new tenant screening through the site. You will still be able to login to view basic information stored in your account, including any tenant screenings that have not expired.

If you have any questions, please reach out to our customer service team at [email protected]!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.