Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

RadPad - Pay Your Rent With Debit/Credit Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RadPad - Pay Your Rent With Debit/Credit Card

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2015, 6:11 pm

I don't know if they call and verify. I just received an email stating that my rent pay account had been verified.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 8:09 pm

Programs: Aadvantage/Dividend, RapidRewards, Hilton Gold, SPG, Hyatt
I also received notice that my payment details were verified.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
hmm, i wonder if i can pay association fees via this... sent a small payment will update if it goes through
Old Jan 12, 2015, 4:22 pm

Did you make partial payments? Does it accept multiple $500 GCs for example for 1 payment?
Old Jan 18, 2015, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by sedubby
Did you make partial payments? Does it accept multiple $500 GCs for example for 1 payment?
Can I use two different cards to pay my rent?

Currently, you can only use one card to pay your rent. We don't have the capability to allow split payments, yet. You can always update the card you want to use every month in case you want to use a debit card this month and a credit card next month.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 8:07 pm

if this started allowing split payments it'd be amazing
Old Jan 19, 2015, 10:46 pm
Original Poster

Just sent some interview questions over to their CEO, so should have some answers re tax liability soon.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Doctor of Credit
Just sent some interview questions over to their CEO, so should have some answers re tax liability soon.
Ok this is what I learned:
  • RadPad won't be sending out 1099s or similar, they act as a marketplace and because of this they are not required to.
  • Split payments are on the road map and will be coming at some stage
  • RadPad rent payments is already profitable for them, they eliminated debit card fees because they ratio of credit:debit was much higher than they originally anticipated.

They seem really switched on and I wish them the best.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 4:48 pm

Ok this is what I learned:
  • RadPad won't be sending out 1099s or similar, they act as a marketplace and because of this they are not required to.
  • Split payments are on the road map and will be coming at some stage
  • RadPad rent payments is already profitable for them, they eliminated debit card fees because they ratio of credit:debit was much higher than they originally anticipated.

They seem really switched on and I wish them the best.
Did they provide any more specifics on this? I guess you could make a similar argument that eBay as a marketplace does not issue 1099s, but Paypal does. If they are acting as the payment processor as well how will they get around this requirement?
Old Jan 21, 2015, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RedTeam10
Did they provide any more specifics on this? I guess you could make a similar argument that eBay as a marketplace does not issue 1099s, but Paypal does. If they are acting as the payment processor as well how will they get around this requirement?
How does RadPad handle tax liability for landlords? For example, will RadPad send out 1099s at tax time? If so, is there any thresholds (e.g under $20,000 is not reported)?

This is not something we are required to do so we will not be 1099’ing any landlords. We’re a marketplace that facilitates rent payments between renters and landlords and we view ourselves as outside the relationship between the renter & landlord.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 7:56 am

How does RadPad handle tax liability for landlords? For example, will RadPad send out 1099s at tax time? If so, is there any thresholds (e.g under $20,000 is not reported)?
good to know. thank you!
Old Jan 22, 2015, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by dsauch
hmm, i wonder if i can pay association fees via this... sent a small payment will update if it goes through
Did you association fee payment go through? How did you enter an account number, if you have one?
Thanks
Old Jan 22, 2015, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by Joshua3532
Did you association fee payment go through? How did you enter an account number, if you have one?
Thanks
not sure yet if it will post. I sent a $100, but as you noticed there is no place for account number.
In fact I sent feedback to radpad about adding place for account and got a boilerplate meaningless response.

its too early yet knowing how fast the payments get posted into my account normally. ill update when i learn more
Old Jan 25, 2015, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by dsauch
n ill update when i learn more
it did post to my account, so it worked out for me. YMMV of course...
Old Jan 25, 2015, 6:46 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
Any landlords who set up an account or received rent payment from their tenant via this, please pm me. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.