Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

RadPad - Pay Your Rent With Debit/Credit Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RadPad - Pay Your Rent With Debit/Credit Card

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2016, 3:38 pm

Programs: Ink/Sapphire/Freedom/SPG
Tried paying just 200$ using Staples VGC , they asked for DL & Lease, provided them.
Reverted me asking why would i want to do just that amount when my rent is much higher.
I responded telling I need to just do that for now & test the service out.

They outright reject saying they cannot do partial payment...that's crazy i felt.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 9:50 pm

Programs: MR, UR, UA
Originally Posted by rocky_nnc
Tried paying just 200$ using Staples VGC , they asked for DL & Lease, provided them.
Reverted me asking why would i want to do just that amount when my rent is much higher.
I responded telling I need to just do that for now & test the service out.

They outright reject saying they cannot do partial payment...that's crazy i felt.
There isn't an imaginary garage somewhere you could rent for $200? Sounds tough man
Old Apr 4, 2016, 10:46 am

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
anyone have issues with latest payments? the one I sent on 3/21 still didnt make it...
Old Apr 4, 2016, 11:27 am

Programs: AA PLT, AS 75K, DL DM, HY Globalist, HH Diamond, MC/RZ/SW Platinum, AB/UA Silver, WN CP
Originally Posted by dsauch
anyone have issues with latest payments? the one I sent on 3/21 still didnt make it...
Mine hasn't either. Odd since they're usually early. They offered to FedEx another one if requested before 4 pm PDT. Landlord is waiting to see if it shows today before I do that.

UPDATE: arrived today (the 4th)

Last edited by Carl; Apr 4, 2016 at 12:43 pm
Old Apr 5, 2016, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by Carl
Mine hasn't either. Odd since they're usually early. They offered to FedEx another one if requested before 4 pm PDT. Landlord is waiting to see if it shows today before I do that.

UPDATE: arrived today (the 4th)
I just used it for the first time this past month. Either my check hasn't arrived or my landlord hasn't processed it. I received a late notice today, but it's too late for me to check with the management office. Of course RadPad's "guarantee" only covers $50. My late fee is $100 plus $20 each day starting on the 5th. I may end up losing at least $70 or more.

And yes, I would have set it to be delivered well before the first, except I never receive the water/trash bill from my landlord until the 26th/27th of every month...and my landlord won't accept a check for just the rent without the water/trash.

Oh, and RadPad doesn't track the checks they send out. They send them out regular snail mail. Just be aware.

Last edited by ThaPhenom; Apr 5, 2016 at 6:37 pm
Old Apr 5, 2016, 7:31 pm

It sounds like RadPad is going down the path of all the various bill pay service wannabes:

1. Jack up the prices (only MasterCard payment are cheaper)
2. Service quality goes down
3. Service is shutdown

We're at #2 now.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 7:49 pm

Mine is still not there. It was due on 25th... It's sent to po box that is checked daily by bank. I am afraid if I ask them to FedEx the payment and mgmt tries to cash the other one later, I'll be in trouble.
Mgmt is a large company, different departments do different stuff
Old Apr 6, 2016, 4:41 pm

It looks like there might be a good reason for the delays. I have just received the following email:

As a RadPad rent payer, we wanted to give you a heads up that beginning May 1st, your landlord will have the option to switch to electronic rent payments.
What does this mean to you?
We'll keep paying your rent like we've been doing, but your landlord now has the opportunity to sign up and get your rent payment electronically.
Most importantly instead of being charged 4 days before your rent is due, once your landlord switches, you'll be charged on the due date.
Why would your landlord want to switch?
  • It's free for your landlord to switch.
  • Your landlord gets paid instantly because funds are deposited electronically on the due date.
  • We're giving the first 1,000 landlords who switch $25 cash.
If you're tight with your landlord, give them a heads up for us that they'll be able to switch to electronic rent payments beginning May 1st. Tell them to look for the special code, which they'll need, included with your rent check.
Otherwise, you don't have to do anything and we’ll take it from here.
Happy renting
Team RadPad

Last edited by blaz; Apr 6, 2016 at 4:43 pm Reason: Formatting
Old Apr 6, 2016, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by blaz
It looks like there might be a good reason for the delays. I have just received the following email:
sabotaging few people's payments to force many on new platform? doubtful
Old Apr 6, 2016, 4:51 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AS 75K, DL DM, HY Globalist, HH Diamond, MC/RZ/SW Platinum, AB/UA Silver, WN CP
Originally Posted by blaz
I was excited about this as well, although it's a mixed bag for my landlord since most of the payments have arrived early (some significantly so). Still, it's not like there's that much interest to be earned by depositing a few days early, and then we'll get charged later too. Seems like a win-win-win since it'll lower RadPad's cost structure too.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 8:27 pm

My landlord did receive the RadPad check.

My apartment management company has their own electronic payment system through RentCafe. I'm not sure if they'd set up another one through RadPad.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 9:04 pm

Received this email today:

Hi Blaz,
We wanted to give you a heads up that beginning June 1, 2016, the MasterCard promotional credit rate of 1.99%, which began January 1, 2016, will return to 3.49%; the same rate as all other credit cards.
This means you can continue enjoying the promotional rate for your May and June rent payments, as long as your scheduled charge date is before June 1st, 2016.
Of course, you can always switch to your debit card, which is 100% free!emoji
Thanks for paying with RadPad!
Team RadPad
Old May 8, 2016, 11:25 pm

Can you use multiple visa gift debit cards?
Old May 9, 2016, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by Astrophsx
Can you use multiple visa gift debit cards?
You can only use 1 card per roommate. I saw somewhere that they suggested and allow you to create a second person with your same name to use a different gift card. I did this and it works fine so far. I used 3 gift cards and 1 Buxx card last month. Shifting to 4 Buxx cards this month because I don't want to bother changing card numbers every month. Just make sure your billing address is set on the gift card.
Old May 9, 2016, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by minamhere
You can only use 1 card per roommate. I saw somewhere that they suggested and allow you to create a second person with your same name to use a different gift card. I did this and it works fine so far. I used 3 gift cards and 1 Buxx card last month. Shifting to 4 Buxx cards this month because I don't want to bother changing card numbers every month. Just make sure your billing address is set on the gift card.
So do you have 4 "roommates" under one account when using 4 Buxx cards?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.