Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Reloadable Visa Debit product that will accept $1250/month?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2014, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite

Recently my mortgage servicer started accepting Visa Debit with the same fee as any other payment (a check in the mail is the only no-fee payment method). Unfortunately my miles-earning Delta Suntrust debit card is Mastercard. Does anyone know of a Visa Debit Card product that can be reloaded via Mastercard (either debit or credit) up to ~$1250/month?

Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 24, 2014, 7:32 am

UFB Direct debit card, to earn AAdvantage miles?
Old Oct 24, 2014, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
I'm really looking for a Prepaid and preferably Reloadable Visa product that I can use as a conduit to earn miles on the DL Suntrust Debit MasterCard... finding one that can be reloaded up to $1250 seems to be the difficult part, and splitting into multiple payments would equate to multiple fixed-fees which would outweigh the miles earned.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 8:07 am

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold

the T-Mobile card is a visa.... but ymmv on being able to purchase reloadits with a CC.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 8:12 am
Original Poster

How about with debit? Both debit and credit earn on the DL Skymiles Suntrust debit card.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 8:22 am

How about NW Visa Buxx? (although you'll probably need two cards to do $1250)
Old Oct 24, 2014, 8:29 am

USBank Visa Buxx goes up to $2000 /month.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by aarif1
USBank Visa Buxx goes up to $2000 /month.
Isn't that dead unless you already have an account?
Old Oct 24, 2014, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by FormallyKnownAs
Isn't that dead unless you already have an account?
Oh yeah... forgot about that minor point. Sorry about that.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FormallyKnownAs
How about NW Visa Buxx? (although you'll probably need two cards to do $1250)
NW Visa Buxx max load is $1000 and max weekly spend is $800. This is the type of product I would need, though (must have a PIN and be recognized as a Visa Debit card).
Old Oct 24, 2014, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
How about with debit? Both debit and credit earn on the DL Skymiles Suntrust debit card.
they are cash only products, so ymmv. You may have better luck with a debit than with credit, but you may also still be turned down since its not cash.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Anyone have thoughts on Kroger 1-2-3 Rewards Prepaid Visa loaded by GreenDot MoneyPak? Any recommendations on buying MoneyPak with debit card (CVS, Dollar General, Walgreens, Walmart, and Rite Aid are in my area)? Or is it purely local YMMV?
Old Oct 24, 2014, 10:35 am

I'd recommend the Walmart preferred money card (you can get either Visa or Mastercard versions of any of the WM money cards). There is a $3 / month fee that is waived when you load at least $500 / month. You can reload it for free from other debit sources (such as ST debit) either at a Kate or at a register. You can order it online, and the daily transaction limit is $2,999.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MisterRobarto
I'd recommend the Walmart preferred money card (you can get either Visa or Mastercard versions of any of the WM money cards). There is a $3 / month fee that is waived when you load at least $500 / month. You can reload it for free from other debit sources (such as ST debit) either at a Kate or at a register. You can order it online, and the daily transaction limit is $2,999.
That sounds like a winner! Does it have a PIN? Is it recognized by vendors as a Visa Debit Card?

Thanks!
Old Oct 24, 2014, 10:44 am

It does have a pin, and it says both "Visa" and "debit" on the front so while I've never used it for mortgage payments, I haven't experienced any issues using it for the normal things I'd use debit cards for.

As this is a GreenDot product you should exercise some degree of restraint, for example, load up your $1,250 a week or so before you spend it. That way you're not seen to be immediately loading & unloading.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.