Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Get $20 after you add a participating credit card to Softcard™ and tap to pay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 13, 2014, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dsauch
If you lost hope and want to reach out to Softcard:

If you'd like to speak with us directly just call us at 1-855-273-9150
Print Wikipost

Get $20 after you add a participating credit card to Softcard™ and tap to pay

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2014, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by knowledgeispower
How did you do that? With Amex you login to your account and select your card. Even though I have an authorized user it only showed me 1 card to add
All of the AmEx cards in your name need to be under a single login for this to work. But you can add cards on which are you only the AU to your existing Amex login credentials.

I hit Add a Card in Softcard/Isis, selected AmEx, logged in, and could then add any of my cards or the cards on which I am an AU.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 11:41 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by dboston1
All of the AmEx cards in your name need to be under a single login for this to work. But you can add cards on which are you only the AU to your existing Amex login credentials.

I hit Add a Card in Softcard/Isis, selected AmEx, logged in, and could then add any of my cards or the cards on which I am an AU.
Interesting, I guess it works because you have an existing login in which your AU card is attached to. In my case my wife is the AU but does not have a separate login, so we only have 1 login for both accounts.

I know for Chase the AU would not work because it would tell me the person is not the primary card holder.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 5:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA S, AA G; AS G; DL | SPG P50, M G, CC G, IHG P, HLT S | Hertz PC, Avis F
Has anyone logged into Softcard app under wifi?

I signed up for ISIS using Tmobile prepaid daypass data with my SIM in Tmobile store. I recently got a new Tmobile branded Softcard eligible phone for this offer and I do not want to purchase another daypass this moment. However, when I tried to log in Softcard on the new phone using wifi with the same SIM I used to sign up for ISIS, it keeps reloading my account information for 10 minutes and ends up with error code 3045.

Is it required to have data service to log into Softcard?
Old Oct 28, 2014, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by cloudybw
....Is it required to have data service to log into Softcard?
Yes, even despite Softcard CSR tells you WiFi will work to load another card after their app is installed, I still had to go on data for it to work.

You'll need to bite the bullet and pay for data.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 5:57 am

I have an AmEx AU card that has another person's name on it, but I control the AmEX log-in (I am the Primary cardholder).

After using my Primary Cards (which were under a single AmEx log-in), here's how I added the AU (under separate AmEx log-in):

1. Remove the Primary cards from Softcard with this link (hat tip to the thread on SD):
www.americanexpress.com/softcardremoval

2. Add the AU card using the Softcard/ISIS app (you will need the AmEx log-in name / pw)

Last edited by savemef; Oct 29, 2014 at 9:11 am
Old Oct 29, 2014, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by knowledgeispower
Only Primary Cardholder. It won't let you add an authorized user.

Also I was able to add my Explorer card and activate it fine yesterday and used it today to make a purchase

My Explorer card also finally activated after I attempted to add Slate card and had problems doing so. I believe that the issues may have been related to the fact that I was connected via WiFi when attempting to activate the cards. I switched off WiFi and called Chase for assistance. They asked for my cell phone number and the activation process completed within seconds for both cards.

Made purchases with both cards on 10/27. Initially tried making purchases as two different CVS stores and was surprised when they couldn't be processed. I then remembered that CVS was not supporting Apple Pay and concluded they had likely turned off all NFC payments. Drove a few blocks to Walgreens and made purchases there.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 7:17 am

One additional data point. I was able to successfully add my Amex Delta business card and make purchase with it. However, I did not receive Amazon gift certificate for that purchase which was made on 10/2.

Softcard web site indicates that only Amex personal cards are supported.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 10:20 am

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA S, AA G; AS G; DL | SPG P50, M G, CC G, IHG P, HLT S | Hertz PC, Avis F
Originally Posted by Bryant Leeds
Yes, even despite Softcard CSR tells you WiFi will work to load another card after their app is installed, I still had to go on data for it to work.

You'll need to bite the bullet and pay for data.
What do you mean by load another card?

I don't want to jeopardize my current legacy PAYG Tmobile plan. I can activate a new SIM card and use daypass to sign up for another Softcard account for this promotion. But once everything is set up, can I log into Softcard using wifi so I can take advantage of other promotions (eg $1 off per transaction with Serve till 12/31)?
Old Oct 29, 2014, 1:20 pm

Just got $140 in my email, yay!

Used softcard 9 times, got $20 a week ago, so I got credited for 8/9 so far.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 1:26 pm

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
Originally Posted by aarif1
Just got $140 in my email, yay!

Used softcard 9 times, got $20 a week ago, so I got credited for 8/9 so far.
same here 5/7. I am guessing all 5 are for amex since today is statement closing day. 2 more are chase, still waiting.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 1:46 pm

I just got my second batch (I swapped out 2 Amex AU cards and ). $180 total now. Not bad, but SoftCard is now dead to me as I updated to iOS 8.1 and they don't support it. It actually works fine with 8.1, and will work if you upgrade your iPhone, but it just won't let you reactivate the Isis app in 8.1 (don't uninstall the app!).

EDIT: SoftCard actually managed to get my phone working under 8.1. Either they changed my info on their backend or they stopped blocking it.

Last edited by tjbrooks; Oct 29, 2014 at 10:52 pm
Old Oct 29, 2014, 1:47 pm

I added my MPE card last week, used it at McDonalds, and just got the $20 Amazon code today. That was the quickest turnaround so far. 9 cards used, $180 in Amazon codes received. Now if they could add a few more Chase cards by Friday, ha ha ha.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 7:49 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Just confirmed that removing a card and adding it to another Softcard account works. I was able to get $60 twice for adding 3 cards to my account, removing them, and adding them again to my wife's account (different phones obviously). I waited until I got the GC's first before removing...not sure if removing them before you get the GC would work (it should but it may be risky). Also not sure if re-adding to the same account would work but I suspect it wouldn't
Old Oct 29, 2014, 11:34 pm
Used to be garyjr316

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Gold Passport, Hilton HHonors, Marriott
Had an interesting thing happen. I used the method of removing my Amex cards after I had gotten my Amazon gift cards with the plan of then adding my wifes cards to my softcard. So far out of 4 cards only one actually has been added. It goes through the whole process of logging into the mobile site but when I go back to the "soft card app" it doesn't add it. Anyone else have tho issue?

Last edited by Dad to GO; Oct 30, 2014 at 12:07 am
Old Oct 30, 2014, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by Dad to GO
Had an interesting thing happen. I used the method of removing my Amex cards after I had gotten my Amazon gift cards with the plan of then adding my wifes cards to my softcard. So far out of 4 cards only one actually has been added. It goes through the whole process of logging into the mobile site but when I go back to the "soft card app" it doesn't add it. Anyone else have tho issue?
Yep, I have the same exact issue as you. I was only able to add the first card. Did you end up getting it resolved?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.