Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fidelity Closed my Accounts.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2014, 5:51 pm

I would guess these Hemet guys also hit Fidelity?
Old Sep 18, 2014, 7:05 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, HH, MR, Emirates
I think OP has just been using the cash account, but Fidelity is interested primary in brokerage accounts. They offered recently (a couple years ago) cash accounts to be one-stop banking for their clients and compete with Merrill Lynch and their powerhouse banking BofA.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 8:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by LuxurySuite
I think OP has just been using the cash account, but Fidelity is interested primary in brokerage accounts. They offered recently (a couple years ago) cash accounts to be one-stop banking for their clients and compete with Merrill Lynch and their powerhouse banking BofA.
Sometimes (strike that, almost always) it seems like reading comprehension just totally escapes FT.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by SerialSerious
Sometimes (strike that, almost always) it seems like reading comprehension just totally escapes FT.
How about the person who was the first reply to the wf working at gcm thread who replied with data on his wf cc usage haha that was classic.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 8:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by hti5t45
How about the person who was the first reply to the wf working at gcm thread who replied with data on his wf cc usage haha that was classic.
Haha, he made more sense than you. True story.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 10:42 pm

Investment banks like Fidelity and Merrill offer deposit accounts as a courtesy to their clients in hope that they will do more trxns on the investment side.

If you want a hub bank account stick with credit unions. They are proven to be more tolerant of our hobby.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 2:12 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
OP, your #s are a little suspect since you say that you pay Amex only from this one acct yet you have only xfered 40k into it. Then you say you are doing 30k a week....okee dokee I think I might call BS
Old Sep 19, 2014, 5:55 am
xp0

Originally Posted by bu08usc11
Shocked AMEX hasn't shut you down too. 30,000/week on the Blue Cash seems bright.

Not really...30k/wk isn't that much.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by xp0
MSers like to think they're not doing much, until they get on CC's radar like amex does.

btw, I read on myfico that amex knows those $500's bought at drugstores and grocery stores are gift cards since one who was FRd was asked directly why they were buying lots of giftcards. There was no beating around the bush on what those large amounts were but asked why they were buying lots of them.

Therefore, everything is fine until one day, one gets a call or sees charges are suspended on their card and are asked to call. Good thing though, there's a lot who pass FRs.

At least, amex gives chances while Chase closes accounts w/o giving chances to clients.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skibum7732
OP, your #s are a little suspect since you say that you pay Amex only from this one acct yet you have only xfered 40k into it. Then you say you are doing 30k a week....okee dokee I think I might call BS
I don't pay Amex from only one account, I said I use BoA BillPay to pay my Amex. BoA Billpay lets you pay from external accounts (ach pull).

I buy VGC, turn into MO, deposit MO into a different small bank each day of the week based on how close it is to my location that day, then use BoA BP to pay the ach push the payment to Amex.

Understand? And I said I'm doing 36k in 5 days.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by aGeist
I don't pay Amex from only one account, I said I use BoA BillPay to pay my Amex. BoA Billpay lets you pay from external accounts (ach pull).
Didn't know this. Do these small banks not have Billpay or are you strictly doing to keep payments seemingly coming from one party?

Originally Posted by TTnC4me
You clearly have not had a FR or experienced CC scrutiny.
Big difference between mine and OP's volume. I expected heavy but not 120k a month on one card heavy. That is full time job income.

If you're pushing $25k or less per month through Old Blue (which is probably most of us MSing that card product), then two-three bank accounts can support that much MO deposit for Billpay, which is where this hub account confusion came from for me.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by xp0
Unless you have the income or business to support it, 30,000/week at CVS/drug stores is going to raise tons of red flags.

Even with income to support it, that is an obscene amount. 1.5 Mil/year at CVS is not going to go unnoticed. Even if you could ultimately show it was all meds and supplies and no gift cards, that still raises a red flag on the back end.

I'm not saying you can't pull it off, because I know people do. But I'm saying that type of volume is going to get you flagged sooner or later.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hamhead
Didn't know this. Do these small banks not have Billpay or are you strictly doing to keep payments seemingly coming from one party?
They have Billpay but I'm not sure if it's sent electronically and same day like BoA. And yes, they all come from one party.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 1:42 pm

do they report you to chexsystem?
Old Sep 19, 2014, 4:13 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, HH, MR, Emirates
Originally Posted by SerialSerious
Read the thread before answering. You're the one with reading comprehension problems!

Last edited by LuxurySuite; Sep 19, 2014 at 4:22 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.