Wiki Posts
Search

Set pin on a Staples Easy Rebate Card

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2014, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UMP Silver and Marriott Platinum
Set pin on a Staples Easy Rebate Card

Is there a way to set a pin on the Staples Easy Rebate Cards? I tried calling the number on the back and do not have the option and am not finding an option to create one on the website.

Thank you in advance.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 9:39 pm

Programs: Anywhere I can ski...
OP, why does you need to set a pin on a Staples Easy Rebate Card?
Old Aug 29, 2014, 10:46 pm

Can't do it. If you read the documentation that came with the card, it says that a PIN cannot be set
Old Aug 29, 2014, 11:02 pm

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
I've done a couple hundred rebates this year for various things and I think I've only had four come back with a PIN enabled card... And two of them were for $15 so I couldn't even load to BB.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 10:23 am

Programs: AA 1MM, BA, UA, HH Dia, CC Gold, SPG Plat
I find that even when the amount is keyed in as credit, these cards have issues.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 10:40 am

Most of the time the register will ask for a pin when I swipe it and I will have to press cancel and hit credit to work. Also, places like Target and Publix which usually automatically drain the balance of prepaid/gift cards does not work here and I have to tell the cashier to key in the balance of my card to drain it.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 11:19 am

Can PIn be set on the symantec rebate card or it can be cashed advanced ? or they function similar to staples rebate card ?
Old Sep 5, 2014, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by recklessmax
Can PIn be set on the symantec rebate card or it can be cashed advanced ? or they function similar to staples rebate card ?
Who's the issuer? If it's Chase, the cards are locked out from having a PIN. If Citi, you can set a PIN, but you might not need to, as most Citi rebate cards offer a hidden option to ACH to your checking account.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 10:46 pm

Why on Earth is this in the MS forum? This has NOTHING to do with MS. What's next?! Threads about fixing your car, cooking dinner, house repairs?!
Old Sep 5, 2014, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by commdiver
Why on Earth is this in the MS forum? This has NOTHING to do with MS. What's next?! Threads about fixing your car, cooking dinner, house repairs?!
You can "manufacture" spend by purchasing free after rebate items (e.g. you pay $50 + tax for the item and get a $50 Staples Visa Gift Card back). You can do some pretty serious stacking at Staples (5x Ink, 5% Staples Rewards, 5% portal bonus, 1% Savings edge, Staples Coupons). Combine this with re-selling the items and it can be quite lucrative....

As long as you can float the 30-45 days for the rebate to process (which you shouldn't be playing this game if you can't) there is little reason to not pick up some of the FAR items when you are picking up $200 VGCs.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 11:18 am

I looked high and low for a way to set a PIN and it wasn't happening. I ended up using it on Evolve to pay down a few bucks on my student loan.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by ntr91
If Citi, you can set a PIN, but you might not need to, as most Citi rebate cards offer a hidden option to ACH to your checking account.
Details or link to the relevant thread, please? :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.