Old Jun 24, 2014, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ericliujian
You can't use the direct deposit numbers to ACH out. And there's a monthly fee of $5 after 180 days of non-activity.
Note: There is a 3% transfer fee for PP Biz Debit MC. Time to say goodbye.

Debit load limit
$200/day - reset at 12pm PST.
7/21 - Load limit back down to $100 a day. This keeps fluctuating, so just check your account and not the wiki.

It seems that Chime doesn't like you having a large balance so make sure you use the card every now and then. See this post http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23173754-post47.html

Chime will suspend account for rapid unloading, large purchases/withdrawals are more likely to get flagged.

A friend of a user has been told that there is a lifetime limit of 6 debit cards linked to an account and 20 attempts of linking debit cards to an account (counting both successful and unsuccessful linkages). If you have reached the limit, there is no way to resolve the issue.

Debit card loads that WORK
PP Biz Debit MC (1% cb confirmed as of June loads)

Debit card loads that DON'T WORK (that have been tested)
Metabank VGC
USBank MC GC
Vanilla MCGC
Print Wikipost

Chime Card

Old Jul 16, 2014, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by Cbass98
It took me 7 days to get the card, but I signed up a day or two after this was posted. I tried to sign my wife up when I got my card and it's been almost 10 days and no card for her. Maybe they are extremely backlogged.
Must be backlog. I signed up for Chime on 7/3, and as of 7/16, no card. But lots of email encouraging me to add money to the card.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 1:01 am

Is the only limit for the debit load the daily limit? There's no monthly cap like bluebird? The T&Cs don't specify
Old Jul 19, 2014, 10:19 am

If the PP Biz card is the only debit that folks are successfully using to load this card, what advantage does it give over just using the PP Biz to buy MO/BP in the first place?
Old Jul 19, 2014, 9:55 pm

Anyone have a problem adding funds with debit? For the last 2 days when i put $200 in i get error of a $100 daily limit. After changing to a $100, I get message that this load will exceed daily limit of $200. LOL Obviously some inconsistency there. But it's been probably 48 hours since my last load. So I'm not sure what the problem is.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 11:23 am

I had that problem yesterday. Today, I was able to load $100.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 3:57 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond, DL Diamond Medallion
Contacted them because I have not received my card after signing up on 7/3. Here is their response:

"There was a delay at our card production facility. There was a mix-up on inventory levels, so the vast majority of the cards were not mailed until last Friday. Here's the options:

Since the cards were mailed last Friday, you will definitely receive it this week. You can wait for the card to come, or:
I can send one out to you via UPS. It will probably not be there until Wednesday or Thursday."
Old Jul 21, 2014, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by Ayase
Contacted them because I have not received my card after signing up on 7/3. Here is their response:

"There was a delay at our card production facility. There was a mix-up on inventory levels, so the vast majority of the cards were not mailed until last Friday. Here's the options:

Since the cards were mailed last Friday, you will definitely receive it this week. You can wait for the card to come, or:
I can send one out to you via UPS. It will probably not be there until Wednesday or Thursday."
Thanks. My spouse signed up on 7/3 so I guess we're in the same boat.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 8:46 pm

I called and emailed about problems adding funds and the load limit. Both answered the max was lowered down to $100. I can't change wiki so someone who can please update.
Here's the email I got:
Hey Johnny,

The limit is $100; right now the system is looking at everyone on UTC/GMT time (we are going to change that, since none of our customers are in that time zone), so it's showing that you already loaded today (even though it was really yesterday according to your time zone). You should be good to try on 7/22.

Sorry about this!

--
Beth Vogelsang
[email protected]
Old Jul 22, 2014, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by prokopon
If the PP Biz card is the only debit that folks are successfully using to load this card, what advantage does it give over just using the PP Biz to buy MO/BP in the first place?
Agreed. I'm trying to find a sneaky way into this.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 9:51 am
Suspended

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by prokopon
It posts as a signature transaction so you get 1% CB. MO/BP are pin transactions.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 9:12 pm

Another use is to hit the "12 debit swipe" requirements of rewards checking accounts.
Good if you don't spend $6/month in Amazon
Old Jul 24, 2014, 11:41 am

blocked....bah. Called them and it' was tough explaining the GD loads and ATM withdrawal...
I'll see if they restore access. Was told that it may not happen.

EDIT: account was closed by them. Gave me 10 hrs to withdraw funds. Was bumped to 48 hours when I threatened to FDIC them.
3k load/withdraw in a month. Minor spending mixed in. Mainly GD loads.

Last edited by coolblues; Jul 24, 2014 at 9:13 pm
Old Jul 24, 2014, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by JohnnyCash
Thanks. My spouse signed up on 7/3 so I guess we're in the same boat.
I'm in the same boat. Still no card yet though.
They didn't offer to UPS one to me! Man, you must have winked at her or something.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by wiseonewill
I'm in the same boat. Still no card yet though.
They didn't offer to UPS one to me! Man, you must have winked at her or something.
My spouse applied on 7/8 and the card arrived earlier. It was sent with USPS.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 6:55 am

Looks like the card is for teens or those with very, very limited spending. Either they will need to change the model and lift the restrictions/limits or die on the vine. Might be a good time to get in but also looks like a lot of bookkeeping for very small returns...and fast shutdowns. (Seriously? 3k? Geeez.)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.