Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 23, 2014, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: vinhboy
UNDEAD - All Cards for Sale Online Were Pulled By MetaBank, But Some May Once Again Be Available (see #374)

Doctor of Credit has detailed write up here

Limits
MasterCard gift card: $1,000 limit, $4.95 activation fee
Travel MasterCard card: $1,500 limit, $6.95 activation fee
Reloadable Visa card: $3 monthly fee, loads every 7 days.
Youth card: $1,500 limit, $6.95 activation fee & $3 monthly fee

It looks like you can also do ATM withdrawals with the travel card (cost of $1.50 per withdrawal), this could come in handy if you have any owner/operator fee free ATMs near you. To view these cards follow these instructions:

Buy It
Go to https://www.metabank.com/personal/cards
Click “Buy MasterCard Gift Cards online”

PIN
- Yes you can set a pin

Cash Advance
- BOA, Chase, Barclay Arrival are purchases, No CA
- Citi and US Bank are Cash Advances, Yes CA
- Discover, No CA, ref (make sure you CA limit is not set to $0) ref

Features & Other
- Walmart billpay works with this card (Chase and Barclay confirmed)
- Evolve does not recognize the MC as debit
- Reloadable Visa works with Evolve
- Reloadable Visa works with BB.
- Temporary shutdowns have occurred.
- Once you have used the temp card, a card with your name will be sent to you about a week later.

***Contrary to Terms, 1k in loads are possible every 7+ days. Day 1, load. Next 7 days, loads are not possible due to "exceeding the limit in a 7 day period." After 7 days have passed, another online load is possible. Online myprepaidbalance.com accepts Visa, MC, Discover.***
Print Wikipost

Buying Metabank Gift Cards online

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2014, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by rismoney
have a travel...what are ppl using to offset 10 reload fee. OV, VGC or cards like arrival? I tried a OV a month or so and it was a nogo.
Arrival+ makes it worthwhile for me
Old Nov 12, 2014, 9:24 am

Programs: USAir, UA, AA, BA, Hyatt, HHonors, SPG, Marriott, IHG
2 questions if anyone knows - (updated with answers to my own questions as I tested it)

Does Discover charge a CA fee for this (not in wiki) - unsure - but with a CA level set to $0, transaction failed
Will this count towards Discover Q4 5% "online shopping"?

TIA

Last edited by jiffyjiff; Nov 12, 2014 at 11:34 am
Old Nov 12, 2014, 3:28 pm

Programs: Anywhere I can ski...
Originally Posted by jiffyjiff
2 questions if anyone knows - (updated with answers to my own questions as I tested it)

Does Discover charge a CA fee for this (not in wiki) - unsure - but with a CA level set to $0, transaction failed
Will this count towards Discover Q4 5% "online shopping"?

TIA
I had the same problem with my CA set to $0 and really sucks because i took a hard pull on TU to get it reinstated, (the only way to get CA from $0 is CLI). based on someone indicating that Q4 %5 work, i assumed no CA fee, I'll test this and report back on the 28th when statement cut.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 3:41 pm

Is Discover charging as CA?? can anyone plz confirm
Old Nov 21, 2014, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by asharat999
I have been having a lot of problem trying to load with IT. I have tried multiple days (no i have not exceeded the 7 day load limit) and it just give me a bunch of errors on the page. Will you be willing to test it and report back if there's a CA?
Old Nov 22, 2014, 5:30 pm

The links are invalid..Are there any fresh links?
Old Nov 23, 2014, 12:08 am

I set my ca limit to 0 on discover. When I tried to do a 1k load on the reloadable, I was declined.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 9:45 am

I loaded in october and november to get the cashback for the quarter, no cash advance and counted as 5%.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by givingitatry
I loaded in october and november to get the cashback for the quarter, no cash advance and counted as 5%.
There's a $10 fee. Were you loading less than $1k per load?
Old Nov 24, 2014, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by Fly1Away1
There's a $10 fee. Were you loading less than $1k per load?
The question was asked if it counts towards the quarterly 5% bonus and whether it charges as a cash advance. You are correct about Metabank charging a $10 fee, but that is charged regardless of what card you use to load. it is the same as buying 2 Visa gift cards in terms of cost per 1000.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 11:56 am

I would tread lightly with these degenerates. They cancelled my card - "bank discretion" because I have only been using my reloadable card for monthly gas payments and property tax payments through evolve. I had about $1700 left in it, and when I called I asked why nobody sent me a check for refund, they responded that they needed address verification. How does one verify that if nobody informs me? Oh, we sent a letter. Certified? No. Hmm, me thinks the letter was never actually sent. My activity is not even MS with the card, so I'm not sure why they don't want to take my money in reload fees.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by givingitatry
are you sure about this givingitatry, i got my card to load today and well it look pretty much like it will post as a CA.

Old Nov 26, 2014, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by MasterCharge
are you sure about this givingitatry, i got my card to load today and well it look pretty much like it will post as a CA.

I am positive. For me, it processed as a purchase. My statement says no fees this period, no interest. I would have noticed a cash advance fee and interest charges. I also earned the 5% cash back for the quarter. Maybe it is like some of the other cards that initially looks like cash advance then changes to purchase. I don't look at my cards every day.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 2:13 pm

My account was permanently closed yesterday by Metabank due to "bank discretion." I think an Evolve payment is what triggered it even though I had lots of small regular spend as well. Was told to cut the card up and a check will be issued within 30 days. On the upside, the lady I spoke to wasn't rude. Surprising I know...
Old Dec 4, 2014, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by ECCM
My account was permanently closed yesterday by Metabank due to "bank discretion." I think an Evolve payment is what triggered it even though I had lots of small regular spend as well. Was told to cut the card up and a check will be issued within 30 days. On the upside, the lady I spoke to wasn't rude. Surprising I know...
lol i guess if i need to close the card i can just do the same thing you were doing. sorry to hear they closed it OP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.