Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Freedom and Discover Q3 Gas

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2014, 11:25 pm
swy

Programs: Greyhound Vermillion Mithril
I am at the Seattle area now. 7-11 wouldn't sell me fixed value GC's on CC. Chevron only carries $100 ones. Any suggestions?
Old Jul 18, 2014, 9:22 am

So if anyone wants to be a dear, I'm stopping in Dallas for the weekend and could use an idea for a gas station that sells $500 VGCs. I'm going to try and check a few out but will have a limited time frame anyways.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by ramamosn
Does anyone got the Q3 bonus points from Discover for buying GC from gas station? My statement was posted and no bonus points posted.
No bonus points for me as well.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by ramamosn
Does anyone got the Q3 bonus points from Discover for buying GC from gas station? My statement was posted and no bonus points posted.
$504.95 at 7-11=$25.25 CB posted on statement date.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by ntr91
$504.95 at 7-11=$25.25 CB posted on statement date.
Called Discover and was told my GC purchase was earned 5% but just not shown in the recent statement. Maybe the purchase was too close to the statement cutoff date.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 11:48 pm

After checking out 10 7-elevens, I was successful in finding one that allows CC.

I've used my Discover to buy 2 Vanillas & Freedom to get one so far. This was done in two trips as the owner was getting suspicious of the purchase. I'm half way there. Now just need to do $500 on Discover & $1000 on Freedom.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 5:21 pm

If you're in or around MSP and haven't found a way yet, PM me. I've found a workable route!
Old Jul 22, 2014, 8:37 am

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by spgbus
Called Discover and was told my GC purchase was earned 5% but just not shown in the recent statement. Maybe the purchase was too close to the statement cutoff date.
So, you called Discover about your purchase that violates the T&Cs?
Old Jul 22, 2014, 8:49 am

Hi, does anyone near Chicago area finish with their Q3 and want to share your store location? You can PM me for privacy and it's for me and wife's Freedom card only. Thank you..

I did do research but with Speedway only sell variable up to $200, murphy is cash-only, and all valero + marathon ones I found either don't have or wont sell with cc.. i'm out of options
Old Jul 22, 2014, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by cowboyguy
After checking out 10 7-elevens, I was successful in finding one that allows CC.

I've used my Discover to buy 2 Vanillas & Freedom to get one so far. This was done in two trips as the owner was getting suspicious of the purchase. I'm half way there. Now just need to do $500 on Discover & $1000 on Freedom.
Ok I'm done. $1,500 on both, Freedom & Discover.

Both cards going into sock drawer.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 8:57 am

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Arch Devil
Hi, does anyone near Chicago area finish with their Q3 and want to share your store location? You can PM me for privacy and it's for me and wife's Freedom card only. Thank you..

I did do research but with Speedway only sell variable up to $200, murphy is cash-only, and all valero + marathon ones I found either don't have or wont sell with cc.. i'm out of options
What's wrong with the Speedway option?
Old Jul 22, 2014, 11:05 am

$200 with $5.95 fee. the profit may not even cover your trip to speedway.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by cowboyguy
Ok I'm done. $1,500 on both, Freedom & Discover.

Both cards going into sock drawer.
Hey, what area is this 7-11 in? I'm in Long Island and VR's are hard coded in the register not to accept Credit Cards.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 8:57 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by changger1
Hey, what area is this 7-11 in? I'm in Long Island and VR's are hard coded in the register not to accept Credit Cards.
I know of several but none in NYC or LI, even LA and OC are pretty bad, Im lucky if a I get a new worker who doesnt know and rings it up. Main thing is to find a store that 1 isnt Corp and 2 the owner doesnt have a ton of stores. Even SoFL is a nogo but for 'VRs' themselves its hard coded by corp in All the stores to decline the sale. So you will have to find another item that will work besides the ice cream
Old Jul 23, 2014, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by craz
I know of several but none in NYC or LI, even LA and OC are pretty bad, Im lucky if a I get a new worker who doesnt know and rings it up. Main thing is to find a store that 1 isnt Corp and 2 the owner doesnt have a ton of stores. Even SoFL is a nogo but for 'VRs' themselves its hard coded by corp in All the stores to decline the sale. So you will have to find another item that will work besides the ice cream
Thanks for the info. I had always thought 7-11 hardcoded against buy VR's with CC like walgreens/CVS/Office Max. I guess it's a regional thing. Paypal cards usually do the trick.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.