Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Freedom and Discover Q3 Gas

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2014, 4:33 pm

I'm in Houston and sadly any Valero that has had OV won't ring up at the register. Looks like they can't be loaded around here. No 7-11's either so if anybody has any spots close please PM. I'll check out a Murphy's that is sort of far away in the next couple days.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 9:30 pm

Now Chase Freedom can display reward details for each transaction. So no need wait until next month. After the transaction is posted in you online account (not pending status), you can immediately see whether you get 5% reward points. Here is an example:
06/28/2014 06/30/2014 Sale xx Restaurant $21.00
In-person transaction
Rewards earned1
+ Bonus from 2Q 5% category: Restaurants 84.00
+ 1% (1 Pt)/$1 earned on all purchases 21.00
Total rewards 105.00 Points

Originally Posted by Fuerza
Guess I'll find out next month if the store I went to works or not.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 9:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by craz
Dont be too about the 7s, yesterday I found a couple that had some items I wanted turns out they called someone who said yes a CC is OK, tried to buy 2 in 1 transaction and only 1 went thru the 2nd was KOed by the computer. Waited tried using a different CC nothing worked, checked my CC acct today and it shows up as a sale and refund (not good) so it goes thru but gets CXed anyway.

Went to a 2nd 7 and got just 1 item and no problems. So now instead of getting 3-4 items each time I have to limit it to 1 item per store and with more stores going ca$h only its not gonna be an easy thing to accomplish, hopefully I will find enough stores to max out all the Frees
just an update when I checked my acct alittle while ago all the purchases and refunds were gone, and the purchase where the 2nd item was CXed only posted properly for the purchase of only 1 item and not 2 as the trans was for. But driving all around I found 6 other 7s today that accepted a CC, too bad I wont need them again till Aug
Old Jul 9, 2014, 4:38 am
Formerly known as pmclean

Originally Posted by alexsherrick
I'm in Houston and sadly any Valero that has had OV won't ring up at the register. Looks like they can't be loaded around here. No 7-11's either so if anybody has any spots close please PM. I'll check out a Murphy's that is sort of far away in the next couple days.
Ditto here. Lots in stock but the manager can not figure out how to load or sell them. Frustrating!
Old Jul 9, 2014, 5:19 am

just an update when I checked my acct alittle while ago all the purchases and refunds were gone, and the purchase where the 2nd item was CXed only posted properly for the purchase of only 1 item and not 2 as the trans was for. But driving all around I found 6 other 7s today that accepted a CC, too bad I wont need them again till Aug
I had the same problem myself at 4. I do understand only one purchase will go through. I also know that if you go to another store there is no problem getting another single card. My question is, if my wife and I went together and I bought one, then she bought one (on her card) immediately after would the computer reject it? Other people saying a second card right after the first still got rejected makes me believe that no back to back purchases will work at all. Any clue on the wait time until the next one can be bought?
Old Jul 9, 2014, 10:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by bar19900
I had the same problem myself at 4. I do understand only one purchase will go through. I also know that if you go to another store there is no problem getting another single card. My question is, if my wife and I went together and I bought one, then she bought one (on her card) immediately after would the computer reject it? Other people saying a second card right after the first still got rejected makes me believe that no back to back purchases will work at all. Any clue on the wait time until the next one can be bought?
I can tell you this I have 2 cards I wanted to use both in my name . 1 Im primary the other Im an AU. I used my card 1st for 2 on 1 transaction and it only let 1 of the 2 go thru. We then tried using the same card on the other reg and it didnt go thru, then the card that Im an AU on and that didnt go thru. We waited 10 mins and tried again and no dice, with the 1st card used, I have no idea what the min wait period is to beable to buy another item

After that I simply purchased 1 item and never had any problems except for 'ca$h only' at 1 place but the other locations I went to no problems buying what I wanted

Going forward (comes aug) I will simply go to x places to get the max I need, or simply buy from the same stores on more then 1 day
Old Jul 9, 2014, 11:55 am

I can tell you this I have 2 cards I wanted to use both in my name . 1 Im primary the other Im an AU. I used my card 1st for 2 on 1 transaction and it only let 1 of the 2 go thru. We then tried using the same card on the other reg and it didnt go thru, then the card that Im an AU on and that didnt go thru. We waited 10 mins and tried again and no dice, with the 1st card used, I have no idea what the min wait period is to beable to buy another item

After that I simply purchased 1 item and never had any problems except for 'ca$h only' at 1 place but the other locations I went to no problems buying what I wanted

Going forward (comes aug) I will simply go to x places to get the max I need, or simply buy from the same stores on more then 1 day
Thanks, this cleared up any assumptions I was making. Does your moving forward (come august) have something to do with discover? I'm a freedom abuser.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 12:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by bar19900
Thanks, this cleared up any assumptions I was making. Does your moving forward (come august) have something to do with discover? I'm a freedom abuser.
Nope,simply have the max # of items I can use for July, so wont be back at these places till I need my Aug fill. I just happened to get 6 of what I needed with my Free CC and the rest with other CCs
Old Jul 9, 2014, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by y00y
In Northeast Philly, for Q1 on Chase Freedom, I just purchased gas as normal until the last few weeks when I ended up getting around $800 in WaWa gift cards (in the store coded as gas station, although I only purchased at WaWa's with gas stations), specifically to use for gas in the following quarter. I think I've got like $60 left, perfect timing for another round of the same. This gets me 5X on my Hoagies year round! ;-)
You can use a wawa gift card for gas...interesting. Although I've always heard their gas is so-so, if it matters for personal preference.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 5:34 pm

I hit 4 stations of 7-11 and no one is selling on CC in spite of having plenty of them stocked.

Any luck in SoCal? I'll be travelling there next week.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by Fuerza
Guess I'll find out next month if the store I went to works or not.
Purchased a OV at 7-11 using Discover.
Under my recent transactions the transaction is listed as 'Gasoline'
Furthermore the following pops up underneath the transaction

"Each gas purchase through July 31, 2014 earns you 25 entries for a chance to win free gas for a year or $250,000!
Learn More'
Old Jul 10, 2014, 7:29 pm

Programs: Delta
My local murphy's pulled pulled all the gift card, etc stuff. It's not behind the counter, just gone. OV, MyVanilla, VR
Old Jul 10, 2014, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by nova08
You can use a wawa gift card for gas...interesting. Although I've always heard their gas is so-so, if it matters for personal preference.
I would ever get gas at Wawa for the simple reason that they actually have a warranty for repair for anything that results from using their gasoline. The fact that that is needed scares me.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 7:37 pm
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Originally Posted by cdancer20
Originally Posted by pkerr
5X for lottery tickets too! ;-)
Hehe. I discovered this a year or two back. I was always curious though that if you won, that the credit card company would have adverse issues due to terms that say you can't use to gamble.
you guys can buy lottery tix with a CC?

its all cash around here, not even debit (if you dont carry much cash on you for ex.)
Old Jul 11, 2014, 7:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by FTRox87
you guys can buy lottery tix with a CC?

its all cash around here, not even debit (if you dont carry much cash on you for ex.)
Yea I noticed it while using my debit one day. The machine never asked for my pin number so I thought I would attempt credit. No issues. Note: I have only ever tried a 7-11 and I think Circle K.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.