Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gift Card Exchanges

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2016, 12:16 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Macosty
Interesting update. After their first email I responded that I bought the cards at CVS and Amazon and I can not see what the problem would be and they emailed me back that my account is good to go again. I guess we will see if that is the case when I try next time.

They do tend to have the highest payouts but the $500 limit kills me. I do mostly use ABC but ended up losing $7-8 by having to sell to them
You could try but most likely you're still banned. They would never straight up tell me I was banned but they always "had trouble verifying the gift card balance" 100% of the time so I assumed it was so.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by DirigoB
I have used ABC Gift Cards extensively and have never had any issues. They are fast and reputable. GiftCardZen is also very good, however they don't accept the same variety of cards and they also have the weekly limits.

SaveYa is garbage as far as I'm concerned. I tried to sell ONE perfectly legitimiate GC, got declined, and can never sell to them again. I don't get it, but I would rather give my business to ABC anyway.
ABC are not reputable. They held $3k in gcs for nearly 3 months - sold them and never paid me. Had to file complaints with AG and BBB before I finally got paid. Total scumbags!

Agreed, SaveYa sucks. Was banned after I complained about several of the cards I purchased from them were drained before I got them. So they ban me?? smh.

GCZ has always been good to deal with. But things have changed now they sold - not as customer friendly as before and their prices are lower.

The entire industry is rife with fraud and scumbags. It's not if you're going to get screwed, only when. Caveat emptor...
Old Jan 13, 2017, 6:14 pm

Can someone explain how Giftcardmart makes money?

Can someone explain to me their business model?

I don't get how you can make a profit selling gift cards after paying paypal fees etc.

Are they just churning points?
Old Jan 13, 2017, 10:18 pm

buy low, sell high, subtract overhead, reap the profit
Old Jan 14, 2017, 12:55 am

They're a gift card exchange. When you sell to them, they buy well below the face value of the gift cards, so they still make a profit when they sell.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 2:53 am

Similar Questions

Who buys cards higher than face value - which you see on eBay all the time? Who are these people/companies and why? What am I missing?

Presuming you sell cards at face value (who would buy them if they were not discounted), there is all but 3% or so percent opportunity (generously say 0-8%), seems hardly worth the effort. What am I missing?
Old Jan 14, 2017, 4:11 am

Probably a scam. Just because a price is listed doesn't mean it sells.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by pixelrogue
Who buys cards higher than face value - which you see on eBay all the time? Who are these people/companies and why? What am I missing?

Presuming you sell cards at face value (who would buy them if they were not discounted), there is all but 3% or so percent opportunity (generously say 0-8%), seems hardly worth the effort. What am I missing?
back in 2007 or 2008, there were frequent Microsoft Live banners on select products that offer 25% to 30% off on them. A lot of people listed their GCs over its face value and got 'someone' to buy them so both parties raked in tons of profits. I'm not aware of current schemes that'll make it profitable for sellers except if they have offers from ebay to list items and they have an X deal whether their item gets sold or not.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 3:47 am
Suspended

What do you think where to buy discount gift cards?

If you want to save money and the best way buys discount gift cards, then What do you think where to buy discount gift cards?
Old Apr 11, 2017, 8:09 am

Buying discount Visa/MasterCard GCs for MS purposes is usually difficult to scale/find. Two common methods are when Staples or Office Depot/Max have sales (see the dedicated thread on that; OD/OM has such a sale on Visa GCs this week). The other method is using a cashback portal at GiftCardMall - again, that has a dedicated thread.

For discounted merchant gift cards for purchases I make frequently (e.g. Starbucks, Panera) I usually search at https://www.giftcardgranny.com/ - that's not generally considered MS though.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 12:30 pm

I find giftcardmart to be the safest site to deal with. Disount plus codes as bonus categories. Too bad they have such a limited selection. I always take there prices just for the confort of knowoing that the card will work. If you have a question, they also answer their phones!
Old Apr 11, 2017, 9:16 pm

Sams Club has some decent deals on restaurant/retail cards. I noticed that they had Rock Bottom Brewery and Old Chicago Cards at $80 for $100 worth of cards. 20% off + it counts as a warehouse club for 5% categories at certain times makes these a pretty good deal if you would be eating/drinking at these locations anyways.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 12:24 pm

Does anyone have any experience selling gift cards to CardKangaroo?
Old Sep 4, 2018, 8:55 pm
CDO
Suspended

Anyone have any experience with bargain gift card? Seems like a new exchange that recently popped up.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by vm81
Does anyone have any experience selling gift cards to CardKangaroo?
I tried them for the first time a month ago. Sold a few different cards and got paid via Paypal quickly. One thing I noticed is they require physical mail in of the GC on most of the cards I was looking to sell where as, cardpool allows electronic submission.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.