Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

forgive me - but can we still load BB at WM wth VGC?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2014, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Forgive me if this has been answered, but I am new to this, and reading a lot, and getting conflicting answers.

If I buy a VGC and try to load it at Walmart to my Bluebird account - can I still do this? (assuming it is a pin enabled card)?

This article says I can:

http://millionmilesecrets.com/2013/0...al-mart-kiosk/

but when I read into the comments it looks like this functionality has been shut down now?
Old Jun 1, 2014, 11:05 am

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
first of all, if circles and arrows says you can, then you must be able to (insert sarcasm). second of all, there are several threads addressing this very topic extensively on the first page of this forum!! No need to start YET another thread on it
Old Jun 1, 2014, 11:06 am

Programs: AA LT Gold, Starwood Gold, Hertz Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat., BFD
Originally Posted by Scotttyd
Forgive me if this has been answered, but I am new to this, and reading a lot, and getting conflicting answers.

If I buy a VGC and try to load it at Walmart to my Bluebird account - can I still do this? (assuming it is a pin enabled card)?

This article says I can:

http://millionmilesecrets.com/2013/0...al-mart-kiosk/

but when I read into the comments it looks like this functionality has been shut down now?
Try reading the posts from the last few days here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...hecks-386.html

and here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...isa-gc-32.html

As is always the case here, YMMV as there seem to be differences from WM to WM on how their registers are coded.

Last edited by AAmlgm8r; Jun 1, 2014 at 11:15 am
Old Jun 1, 2014, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by exmike
first of all, if circles and arrows says you can, then you must be able to (insert sarcasm). second of all, there are several threads addressing this very topic extensively on the first page of this forum!! No need to start YET another thread on it
this is the response I expected from someone on here, seriously...

The reason i ask is that the terminology to myself gets confused and I read a lot of articles, and some say one thing, some say the other. A simple yes or no or depends on where you are at would have been sufficient.

Have a lovely day

cheers
Old Jun 1, 2014, 11:13 am

this is the response I expected from someone on here, seriously...

The reason i ask is that the terminology to myself gets confused and I read a lot of articles, and some say one thing, some say the other. A simple yes or no or depends on where you are at would have been sufficient.

Have a lovely day

cheers
Linking to the Circles and Arrows blog will rightfully get you into trouble in this forum because, magically, stuff from here pops up on there.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RyanNYNJ
So you had the answer all along...seriously, people need to stop being so lazy, go to WM and see for yourselves.
I have no idea what is meant by circles and arrows - I assume you mean the millionmiles guy, I like his blog, had no idea people were so dang sensitive on an anonymous message board.

Last edited by MileageAddict; Jun 1, 2014 at 2:29 pm Reason: removed personal attack
Old Jun 1, 2014, 11:26 am

you are a happy person aren't you?

plus, I have no idea what is meant by circles and arrows - I assume you mean the millionmiles guy, I like his blog, had no idea people were so dang sensitive on an anonymous message board.
He takes stuff from others and puts it on his blog without permission or consultation. Also, the happy poster above gave you a reasonable response. Flyertalk is for people who are serious about their hobby and the sharp elbows do come out. Many like it that way. Up to you.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by carpentry4thought
He takes stuff from others and puts it on his blog without permission or consultation. Also, the happy poster above gave you a reasonable response. Flyertalk is for people who are serious about their hobby and the sharp elbows do come out. Many like it that way. Up to you.
I had no idea he "stole info" but if you steal it from a public message board, it isn't stealing, not like it is proprietary info.

Last edited by MileageAddict; Jun 1, 2014 at 2:30 pm Reason: removed comments not appropriate for FT
Old Jun 1, 2014, 11:30 am

I had no idea he "stole info" but if you steal it from a public message board, it isn't stealing, not like it is proprietary info.
No one is going to sue him. (Or maybe another blogger will someday?) It doesn't change the facts.

Bring it on, Scotty. lol

Last edited by MileageAddict; Jun 1, 2014 at 2:35 pm Reason: quote edit
Old Jun 1, 2014, 11:48 am
jmw

Those sharp elbows are gonna do you a lot of good when you are stuck with $10k in gift cards with no method known by MMS to unload them without losing a ton of money.

Have you ever gone to a website and realized that it's a 2 year old copy stolen from wikipedia? You would have been much better off going to the original source, which is often updated with the latest information. MMS is just another spammer and leech. On top of that, he kills deals in hours or days mentioned here. He is no good for the MS hobby.

So when you link to MMS, don't expect any help or anything other than a hostile reception. If you edit your original post and remove the link, we might be a bit more receptive.

Last edited by MileageAddict; Jun 1, 2014 at 2:35 pm Reason: quote edit
Old Jun 1, 2014, 11:52 am

Programs: Total Rewards Diamond, Delta Gold, Starwood Gold, Mosaic
you are a happy person aren't you?

plus, I have no idea what is meant by circles and arrows - I assume you mean the millionmiles guy, I like his blog, had no idea people were so dang sensitive on an anonymous message board.
The problem with doing things like opening new threads on topics that already have 3 or 4 threads or asking questions that have easily searchable answers is that it leads to a general degradation of the forum.

People who open these types of threads and these types of questions are generally the same clueless people who try to buy $20K in VGC or call the airline about a fuel dump. You might disagree with this generalization but that is irrelevant - this generalization is the perception of the more knowledgeable members on FT. Thus, when these more knowledgeable members of FT come across a good MS idea, they are less likely to share it (this has already happened). And then the MS forum eventually devolves into a bunch of questions with no answers.

So if that is your goal, congratulations, you're well on your way!
Old Jun 1, 2014, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jmw
Those sharp elbows are gonna do you a lot of good when you are stuck with $10k in gift cards with no method known by MMS to unload them without losing a ton of money.

Have you ever gone to a website and realized that it's a 2 year old copy stolen from wikipedia? You would have been much better off going to the original source, which is often updated with the latest information. MMS is just another spammer and leech. On top of that, he kills deals in hours or days mentioned here. He is no good for the MS hobby.

So when you link to MMS, don't expect any help or anything other than a hostile reception. If you edit your original post and remove the link, we might be a bit more receptive.
I appreciate the comment - I consider myself educated, I had no idea what the opinion of him was here, I just googled some things and thought at times he has given useful advice. Your message is a way to educate people, not just through a bunch of hate and vitriol at them as many people do.

Gotta love people who are all tough on the internet, actually makes me laugh.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RyanNYNJ
The problem with doing things like opening new threads on topics that already have 3 or 4 threads or asking questions that have easily searchable answers is that it leads to a general degradation of the forum.

People who open these types of threads and these types of questions are generally the same clueless people who try to buy $20K in VGC or call the airline about a fuel dump. You might disagree with this generalization but that is irrelevant - this generalization is the perception of the more knowledgeable members on FT. Thus, when these more knowledgeable members of FT come across a good MS idea, they are less likely to share it (this has already happened). And then the MS forum eventually devolves into a bunch of questions with no answers.

So if that is your goal, congratulations, you're well on your way!

do me a favor. Google bluebird, walmart, or kiosk and see how many hits you get. Then try reading through the 100+ page threads and try to discern much useful information.

think it is about time the mods delete this thread
Old Jun 1, 2014, 12:46 pm

Programs: Delta P, SPG G, Marriott S, Hertz PC
I am going to give you the best answer you will get, and one I received here a while ago, and was pissed off at first.

The answer is go try it. Figure it out on your own.

Don't be dependent on others to spoonfeed you everything you need to know.
You must have the ability to figure out the game yourself without help. Otherwise, you are just yet another lemming who can't think independently.

Go buy a gift card and try yourself. Every area and store has their own quirks.

Worst case, you have a $500 visa gift card to spend, big deal.

Personally, if Walmart stopped money orders and blue birds altogether, there are plenty of other opportunities to do the same six figure a month plus that I have been doing. Same methods, just different stores.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.