Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Coin?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2014, 3:54 am

Programs: All of Them
could fly 3 miles in a private jet or order this and see if it helps. meh... I pre-ordered. Will report when it arrives.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
Was just curious if you got my "battousai" reference.
yep
Old Jun 8, 2014, 10:54 pm

Deleted.

Last edited by MsArbi; Oct 30, 2014 at 12:26 am
Old Jun 20, 2014, 11:40 am

Would there be reasons to doubt this card would work for cash advances? I wouldn't think your average bank teller would want to process a transaction on a card like this. I hope I didn't just answer my own question. I would like to get third-party opinions.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 6:00 pm

I'm canceling my preorder. I don't see the point. I get it, sure...but I'd rather spend that $50 on beer and just carry my wallet around with a few cards instead of one. I don't do prepaid cards often, so no use there either.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 8:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by ZzzzX
8!? I have 10 sitting in my office right now! What a hassle. No thanks.
You can have 8 on the Coin and switch in an unlimited number from the smart phone app. I juggle about 15 cards but really only use maybe 4 or 5 on a daily basis in person, switching a few in and out based on sign-up bonuses and quarterly category rotation. Don't think the limit will be too bad for me.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 4:38 pm

Coin has had delays and is only available in beta for the first 15,000 users. What they don't tell you, is if you are in that beta group until you have verified your identity through the app. When you enter your info they encourage you to also add credit cards to the app - making it seem that everything is in order and you will be receiving your card soon. Then once you are finished with the ID process (cc entering is optional) they inform you that you are either in, or will have to wait until spring 2015.

I wouldn't want to do business with a company that is playing games in order to get your business. They could have let people know if they were in Beta or not with a simple email.

You can apply for a refund for the card you pre-ordered, as long as they haven't engraved it yet.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by rabatt
Coin has had delays and is only available in beta for the first 15,000 users. What they don't tell you, is if you are in that beta group until you have verified your identity through the app. When you enter your info they encourage you to also add credit cards to the app - making it seem that everything is in order and you will be receiving your card soon. Then once you are finished with the ID process (cc entering is optional) they inform you that you are either in, or will have to wait until spring 2015.

I wouldn't want to do business with a company that is playing games in order to get your business. They could have let people know if they were in Beta or not with a simple email.

You can apply for a refund for the card you pre-ordered, as long as they haven't engraved it yet.
Yes, I cancelled my order after the latest round of delays and it was returned in a few days... Good idea but lousy execution
Old Sep 10, 2014, 1:56 pm

FYI, just found out local coin car wash carries one dollar gold coins.
Last went there, got couple President gold coins. This matters only if you collect them.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by k81689
FYI, just found out local coin car wash carries one dollar gold coins.
Last went there, got couple President gold coins. This matters only if you collect them.
Congratulations! You win the FT award for most pointless post of the day! Of course, my post mentioning the inanity of your post is a close second.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by ntr91
Congratulations! You win the FT award for most pointless post of the day! Of course, my post mentioning the inanity of your post is a close second.
lol +1 :-::-::-::-::-:
Old Sep 27, 2014, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by ntr91
lol...are you sure it's for the day or year? Maybe decade?

Anyway...did anyone try this with Prepaid VG for usage as debit cards?
Old Sep 28, 2014, 8:27 am

Cool

emailed Coin yesterday and cancelled my Coin. wanted to do the beta test when they announced it in July....problem was it was 96% full. little did they tell anyone.

started thinking i use Google Wallet and also Softcard(isis)when i am out so why i need another thing to carry. Yes i get that Tap and pay not everywhere yet butfor what i need it is. If i have to make a CC purchase i look and find which card offers best deal at that point anyway and just go to my desk and find the card to take.
so is it worth $117 i have decided NOPE!
Old Oct 27, 2015, 5:12 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, DL Gold
Does anyone have reports of using these for VGC now?
Old Oct 27, 2015, 5:29 pm

Programs: Delta DDM 720, SPG Unobtainium, CC Adamantium, can I keep bragging now?
Originally Posted by gpen1827
Does anyone have reports of using these for VGC now?
I've been debating posting my experiences on this because of the way things get ruined by abuse so quickly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.