Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 29, 2014, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: prasha11
Does not work anymore, is dead..... what is the point to report 'not working'?

As of 08/25/2014, Bancorp cards (Vanilla Visa, OneVanilla, etc.) are rarely working first try for debit transactions at Walmart. There is no apparent geographical basis. Basically, it's a crapshoot.

Do not agitate a cashier or store and lose the ability to make these transactions in the future. Multiple failed swipes or transactions will likely increase scrutiny. You do not want that. It is best to stop using these cards.

Vanilla VISA defaulting to credit
As of 5/29/2014, at most Walmart locations, all Vanilla VISA cards issued by The Bancorp Bank are automatically recognized as credit. Most Mastercard have required a workaround for some time. The MoneyCenter Express (ATM, kiosk, Kate) is not affected by this change.
Print Wikipost

MO Purchases using OV @ WM

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2014, 11:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by ericdabbs
You couldn't get Metabank VGCs to work?

In this transitionary period lets not make it easy for the blogs and take questions/discussions like this to PM.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 11:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by payeco
In this transitionary period lets not make it easy for the blogs and take questions/discussions like this to PM.
there have been a few here preaching this today and the ......s will not listen. Its already been blasted on one ...... blog
Old Jun 20, 2014, 12:04 am

Originally Posted by skibum7732
there have been a few here preaching this today and the ......s will not listen. Its already been blasted on one ...... blog
What blog?
Old Jun 20, 2014, 12:16 am
Suspended

im so happy this happened. eventually after higc dies, jhp dies, cvs dies, walmart dies... whatevers next dies.. sometimes u people will finally learn or just be edged out by the consequences of your ignorant loudmouth actions. it wont' affect real ms'ers like me and my peeps who dont need any of the aforementioned commonpeople ms methods to thrive, but it would be nice to cut the fat and drop the dead weight thats known as the ft populace lol.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 12:32 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
What blog?
Sorry, not posting link here. I do not want anymore traffic there than already is.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 12:34 am

Sorry, not posting link here. I do not want anymore traffic there than already is.
HA...as if its going to make a difference anyways. Its alright...word is going to get out anyways.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 1:10 am
Suspended

You couldn't get Metabank VGCs to work?
Nope. I had several $200's from this week's Staples deal and they were popping out the same error messages as the OV's.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 1:16 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RamboAroundTheWorld
Nope. I had several $200's from this week's Staples deal and they were popping out the same error messages as the OV's.
When did you try? I just loaded a $200 Meta.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 1:17 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by kxc262
When did you try? I just loaded a $200 Meta.
Wasn't a load but a MO purchase. Around 8-ish tonight.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 5:29 am

Programs: AA, UA, SPG
Originally Posted by tech2011
I am struck with 38k GC. Stupid me. I just brought them yesterday. Yesterday was last day for my WFC promo
BS, no one has been getting a CL even close to that high w WF..I do love as the crap filling this thread though. Keeping me amused
True, no one really gets a high CL with the WF card. I've ran well beyond he 38k when I had my WF card so I do find the post believable.

To the guy that's stuck with 38k, that's a good chunk of change to be stuck with and indicates the laziness on your part not to liquidate as you go. If you didn't have the time to liquidate, you shouldn't be in the game. Understand this is a game of arbitrage and even though by definition it's a risk free investment by capitalizing on the imbalance of two different market rates, in MS, there's an exposure to risk by holding on to GC because the avenue to liquidating can be shut down by the popularity of arbitrage scenario.

With that said, I can't understand why you would hold on to that many GC's at once.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 5:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
what is interesting to me is this:

Many of these people getting stuck with the OV...

I mean, had they been brought up in the MS world to think for themselves and go out and create and invent and test and try, they would by now likely have an answer as to how to best get rid of the GCs they are stuck with and they wouldn't be stuck! But no, many of them only latched on to the efforts of others, read the blogs, followed posts from other people and sat in their offices not going out into the field to toil and learn back when it should have mattered most.

I should say it serves them right but I am not that mean.

Still, we now see WHY it matters to know HOW to MS and think of MS, not just how to follow some circles and arrows and then buy a GC and blindly rely on just one method of burnation.
I don't completely agree with this post. I am still newish to the MS world (end of last year) and after reading many threads on here, I just followed the paths that I see fit for me. I knew the OV->WM path worked well. Many WMs around and I knew the steps needed. I didn't have to go out and "search" for new methods. I don't feel like that makes me a bad MS'r. Why? when I had a reliable for the time method. However, now that I know that that route is closed, I know it's time to go out and find new ways to liquidate. Sure it's inconvenient but it is what it is for me to stay in the game. However, I am also not sitting on thousands of OVs to liquidate. The amount that I have will be easy to do.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 8:24 am

Programs: DL, WoH
Originally Posted by RamboAroundTheWorld
Wasn't a load but a MO purchase. Around 8-ish tonight.
Bought MO yesterday at 2pm. Not sure what you're deal is.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 8:41 am

I'm in the process of liquidating my OVs elsewhere, and only have one left to go. I found an alternate Visa debit gift card product at a local grocery that will accept CC (and AGC). Fee is $1 higher, and they are not equipped to deal with high volume as well as CVS (e.g. I can only purchase one $500 card per transaction-- any more requires a manager override or a separate transaction), but they worked perfect at WM this morning.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by CincinnatiKid
I am new to certain forms of MS but not to beating systems. As a professional arbitrageur - be it markets, regulations, or "games of chance" - I've witnessed many edges come and go. The predictable pattern of discovery, scale, notoriety, crowding, and "efficiency" (edge disappears or becomes uneconomic) is playing itself out in MS.

Spending far too much time RTFF I've seen many ill conceived accusations and laughable assertions. Today's actions by Wally World were not only predictable but telegraphed. I'm not going to show all my cards but will provide a link that is very informative with regard to today's action and what will be happening in the near future:
http://www.fool.com/investing/genera...collapsed.aspx

I would add that those that are apolitical may consider raising their voices. Apathy and silence are two great ingredients to turn a sovereign individual into an indentured and poverty-stricken man. The Dept. of the Treasury (IRS) wants to make cash a rarity and with it anonymity and liberty. Time to get educated and involved.

Lastly I would enjoy having a discussion with sophisticated players of size (via PM) and can provide certain bona fides as there may be one big score left in MS.
Thanks for sharing that link. Your post is the most informative one in this thread.

Last edited by traveler9020; Jun 20, 2014 at 12:22 pm Reason: typo
Old Jun 20, 2014, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by CincinnatiKid
I am new to certain forms of MS but not to beating systems. As a professional arbitrageur - be it markets, regulations, or "games of chance" - I've witnessed many edges come and go. The predictable pattern of discovery, scale, notoriety, crowding, and "efficiency" (edge disappears or becomes uneconomic) is playing itself out in MS.

Spending far too much time RTFF I've seen many ill conceived accusations and laughable assertions. Today's actions by Wally World were not only predictable but telegraphed. I'm not going to show all my cards but will provide a link that is very informative with regard to today's action and what will be happening in the near future:
http://www.fool.com/investing/genera...collapsed.aspx

Now that is interesting.seems to me as the most likely culprit for the Bancorp vanilla products having problems right now. Just likely CVS probably had nothing to so with MSers, this probably doesn't either.

Wonder why it seems only Walmart is affected so far.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.