Simon mall gift card(2014-2015)

Old Feb 12, 2015, 3:51 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Happy
If your simon's has "known" you, there is no problem to use your DW's cards. I routinely sign husband's purchases when he was verifying the cards with the receipts. Note you also need to sign the form in your DW's name as well.

Yes, it is no secret to Simon's what these cards are purchased for. I dont understand why there are still some who want "to fly under the radar". We are deer in the headlights, they know who we are but as long as you are a "trusted" customers, i.e. they never have a charge back from your cards, you are fine customer to them as this is very profitable to them.
They seem to like the trusted customers on the other coast also. I was given a coupon for free lunch at the Panera bread at my mall this week after making my purchase.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by MileageGoblin
Oh I know they don't have a problem using other people's CCs. I was wondering if I could get $10k x 2 without my wife being with me.

Agreed on "flying under the radar." If a guy has been buying $10k/day and Simon nor Citi has shut him down, there is no reason to fear hitting it hard.
Me and my wife do this. Just make sure the credit card # and the last name are different or they ask a lot of questions.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 6:18 pm

I read earlier in the thread some people's SM encouraged them to call ahead so that they could be ready for the purchase. Does anyone do this currently? I may think of doing this because the only time I ever attempted to buy from SM I just showed up hoping to buy and the clerk stated they were sold out.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 10:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Lifetime Platinum, MR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rtwvagabond
I read earlier in the thread some people's SM encouraged them to call ahead so that they could be ready for the purchase. Does anyone do this currently? I may think of doing this because the only time I ever attempted to buy from SM I just showed up hoping to buy and the clerk stated they were sold out.

Depends on your SM and how much they like you. My SM likes me
Old Feb 27, 2015, 10:39 am

I've been doing that for a while. If they know you and you call in your order it's waiting for you when you get there. Just swipe card, sign confirm cards and go. Also I haven't read the entire thread to see if this is mentioned but if you get less than 18 cards there is less scrutiny. The manager told me that.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by wetsand
I've been doing that for a while. If they know you and you call in your order it's waiting for you when you get there. Just swipe card, sign confirm cards and go. Also I haven't read the entire thread to see if this is mentioned but if you get less than 18 cards there is less scrutiny. The manager told me that.
With the recent problems at WM. Anyone try doing a BP at WM today/yesterday using a SMGC? It worked for me on Tuesday.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA, DL, USAir, AA, Chase Ultimate Rewards
Originally Posted by rtraveler
With the recent problems at WM. Anyone try doing a BP at WM today/yesterday using a SMGC? It worked for me on Tuesday.
Added my last 3 SMGCs to my Serve today at WM. No problems. Will try BP later.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 11:57 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold (UA comp)
I loaded 2500 in SM GCs at WM cashier without any issues.

FYI, regarding calling ahead, the 1st time I called SM to ask about GCs they volunteered that I could call ahead and have the cards waiting. I am sure it is YMMV but until then we had no relationship, longstanding or otherwise.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 7:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold, Marriott Silver, Choice Privileges Gold, National Exec
Had something strange happen at my local SM yesterday. Went in to buy my usual amount of GCs and tried to pay with a card that does not have embossed numbers on it. I paid with this same card last month no problem; however, this time I was told that I couldn't use it due to the lack of embossed numbers. I asked the CS rep to verify this with the manager and sure enough once the manager arrived, I was told that I couldn't use it. Used a different card and went on my merry way.

Personally, I think it was total BS, but has anyone else run into this situation lately as well?? Just curious...
Old Mar 7, 2015, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by Nevafazeme
Had something strange happen at my local SM yesterday. Went in to buy my usual amount of GCs and tried to pay with a card that does not have embossed numbers on it. I paid with this same card last month no problem; however, this time I was told that I couldn't use it due to the lack of embossed numbers. I asked the CS rep to verify this with the manager and sure enough once the manager arrived, I was told that I couldn't use it. Used a different card and went on my merry way.

Personally, I think it was total BS, but has anyone else run into this situation lately as well?? Just curious...
So you were paying with your normal CC that doesn't have embossed numbers and this time they denied you? Its not like you were trying to use AGCs correct?

If it is the first case I would have told them that is the way the card was given to me by <bank name> and the fact that it has my name on it shouldn't be as of concern.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 11:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold, Marriott Silver, Choice Privileges Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by ericdabbs
So you were paying with your normal CC that doesn't have embossed numbers and this time they denied you? Its not like you were trying to use AGCs correct?

If it is the first case I would have told them that is the way the card was given to me by <bank name> and the fact that it has my name on it shouldn't be as of concern.
Correct, the first case that you mention. I only stated my case for about a minute and I realized I wasn't going to get anywhere, so I just let it go (this time...)
Old Mar 9, 2015, 10:12 am

Anyone have experience buying from multiple Simon Malls? I'm going on vacation and I wanted to buy some at a new Simon Mall.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 11:11 am

I haven't been to Simon in a few months, but I always called ahead. It was great to have a bag waiting for me and the form pre-filled out (they made copies they kept on file) so that I only needed to sign, swipe my card, and be on my way. I do the same at the other mall as well.

And yes, I've been to multiple Simons. You'll have to fill out the form from scratch, but otherwise there won't be any issues.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by rtraveler
Anyone have experience buying from multiple Simon Malls? I'm going on vacation and I wanted to buy some at a new Simon Mall.
Every Simon is different. Some doesn't blink an eye when you ask for 2500+. Some gets all scare, and need to call for a manager even for 500 x 2. (ex. Forum Shop Las Vegas)
Old Mar 9, 2015, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by Nevafazeme

I have the same issue at my regular simon outlet. They are very strict with protocol at my regular simon location.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.