Wiki Posts
Search

Simon mall gift card(2014-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2014, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Chris92128
With only a $2.95 fee it's still pretty profitable on cards like arrival
With only a $2.95 fee it's worth it for most CCs if you are near a mall that sells them. Not counting the other MS costs, that comes to $0.0073/mile if you use them to buy MOs at WM. A trip to Asia in C on AA miles would only cost $873+fees.

In my location the nearest mall is 35 miles away, so it's not such a good bargain for me.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan
Sadly, I gave up the Simon game due to this, too. They also quit selling me the 1K card, and had to go back to $500. Not sure if I will still play this game without being able to use AMGC.
I stopped buying AMGC - too hard to convert them unless I know that I have a big purchase coming up..
Old Oct 29, 2014, 10:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Lifetime Platinum, MR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Simon is my easy path right now as I do $19k month at a cost of $0.0059/pp (SPG mainly). Pick up $9500 every two weeks from the friendly staff there then unload at WM.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by Chris92128
With only a $2.95 fee it's still pretty profitable on cards like arrival
But I enjoyed doing this for a slight profit before counting the points! Not to mention, I was using it to "mileage run" Delta with the Reserve card, so not the same return as an arrival....I may do it to mileage run Delta next year, as I got my 60K done.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 7:07 am

Getting ready to travel for a month starting this weekend - almost all on points. After so much time gettting bills all set up on BB, I continue to fund my and SO's accounts through VGCs at mall. It's only 1 trip a month at 6 mi each way, fill out the form, and hit Kate on a couple of trips. In between AORs it's not that profitable, but Arrival points do add up and it's really handy for minimum spend when I get the new cards each quarter. Looking to consistently accumulate about 300k points a year (yeah, I'm conservative and also work for a living so MS is only a hobby).
Old Oct 31, 2014, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by kenme1
Simon is my easy path right now as I do $19k month at a cost of $0.0059/pp (SPG mainly). Pick up $9500 every two weeks from the friendly staff there then unload at WM.
WAY more than I've been paying.....he, he. I am a big fan of free.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 9:10 am

Programs: IHG, Marriott, Carlson, AAdvantage, BC US Air, CapitalOne VentureOne
For those of you who are doing extremely high volume (10k+/mo.)... Are you doing this to only meet spend bonuses? Or are you doing this just to churn normal points? Is it worth it, to just churn normal points? (I know it's worth it if we are just talking dollars, but what about the added risk of not being able to unload a large volume if policies change?)

Also for those who are doing large volumes, what percentage goes to where? MO's, BB, Serve, etc?
Old Oct 31, 2014, 9:22 am

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Can we get a wiki for this thread? I'm slightly confused on the process for SM gift cards. Would love to finish the last $2000 on my credit card spend soon.

Thx!
Old Oct 31, 2014, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by BostonFlyer1624
Can we get a wiki for this thread? I'm slightly confused on the process for SM gift cards. Would love to finish the last $2000 on my credit card spend soon.

Thx!
Wiki:

step 1: Go to simon mall
step 2: buy gift cards
step 3: leave simon mall

Too hard?
Old Oct 31, 2014, 10:59 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Pt, CBP Global Entry
Originally Posted by minerman
For those of you who are doing extremely high volume (10k+/mo.)... Are you doing this to only meet spend bonuses? Or are you doing this just to churn normal points? Is it worth it, to just churn normal points? (I know it's worth it if we are just talking dollars, but what about the added risk of not being able to unload a large volume if policies change?)

Also for those who are doing large volumes, what percentage goes to where? MO's, BB, Serve, etc?
For spend bonuses and normal points. I used them to load Serve first then MOs.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 11:35 am

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by hamokmonky
Wiki:

step 1: Go to simon mall
step 2: buy gift cards
step 3: leave simon mall

Too hard?
Too hard for you to comprehend my question.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 11:39 am

Well that is the process of sm gift cards. Perhaps you meant company buying or online buying?
Old Oct 31, 2014, 12:20 pm

Programs: Anywhere I can ski...

Boston i understand your question, you want a wiki with buy limits/docs need to buy/etc... to put is in simpler terms, its like buy VR's from CVS except simon locations have different limits for how many vgc once can purchase per day so a wiki will only have conflicting information, i would encourage you to visit your local mall, buy 1-2k and kindly ask the person helping you how much you can buy per-day, etc.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by MasterCharge
Boston i understand your question, you want a wiki with buy limits/docs need to buy/etc... to put is in simpler terms, its like buy VR's from CVS except simon locations have different limits for how many vgc once can purchase per day so a wiki will only have conflicting information, i would encourage you to visit your local mall, buy 1-2k and kindly ask the person helping you how much you can buy per-day, etc.
YMMV. I see that all the time here on FT. In this thread, it means "Your Mall May Vary."
Old Oct 31, 2014, 10:10 pm

Programs: Anywhere I can ski...
Originally Posted by GetawaysRus
YMMV. I see that all the time here on FT. In this thread, it means "Your Mall May Vary."
Lol nice ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.