Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Staples deal is back- Buy $300 Visa GC, get $20 Prepaid Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Staples deal is back- Buy $300 Visa GC, get $20 Prepaid Card

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2014, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jmw
Will using the same card 5 times work (with different addresses/name/email)? I don't remember if I used the same Ink multiple times during the last promo, but I got all of the cards at my various addresses.
Yes.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 10:07 am

is the rebate mail in rebate or instant rebate where they give you $20 visa gc?
Old Apr 13, 2014, 10:07 am

Programs: UA, AA Gold , Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Ambassador Spire
Visa GC's

Went to my local staples store this morning and they don't know anything about the $20 Visa GC for buying $300 of more in Visa GC. It is not even listed in their weekly flyer (4/13-19) so I could not show them. They mentioned some offer with the Chase Ink card which I don't have.
did anyone have had a similar experience. one of the posts did say he did not get the rebate to print out at register.
THANK YOU for your comments
Old Apr 13, 2014, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by germania4
Went to my local staples store this morning and they don't know anything about the $20 Visa GC for buying $300 of more in Visa GC. It is not even listed in their weekly flyer (4/13-19) so I could not show them. They mentioned some offer with the Chase Ink card which I don't have.
did anyone have had a similar experience. one of the posts did say he did not get the rebate to print out at register.
same here. Checked a bunch of stores weekly ad online, not available in North VA/Southern MD I believe.

Programs: UA, AA Gold , Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Ambassador Spire
@tsmith12
Don't have that offer in my staples sale paper here in the Windy City and the reps in the store don't have a clue either. Where did you find yours? Which state /city ?
THANK YOU for your input

I showed up at my local Staples when they opened at 11am today, my cashier knew nothing about the promo and there was nothing about it in the weekly flyer either, HOWEVER the rebate slip did print out automatically upon check out. And to top it off my cashier was totally cool with me doing a split tender allowing me to use four synced Amex cards.

is what the cash register rebate receipt looks like.

Last edited by yanxfann; Apr 13, 2014 at 2:51 pm
Old Apr 13, 2014, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by yanxfann
I showed up at my local Staples when they opened at 11am today, my cashier knew nothing about the promo and there was nothing about it in the weekly flyer either, HOWEVER the instant rebate did print out automatically upon check out. And to top it off my cashier was totally cool with me doing a split tender allowing me to use four synced Amex cards.
what you mean instant rebate? the $20 off rebate was automatically applied towards the $300 GC purchase? No need to send rebate form online?
Old Apr 13, 2014, 10:33 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
For those wondering, it is definitely in the online ad for SoCal. No physical ad in the paper this morning though
Old Apr 13, 2014, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
what you mean instant rebate? the $20 off rebate was automatically applied towards the $300 GC purchase? No need to send rebate form online?
My rebate was not instant at POS. Rather, required using Staples Easy Rebate receipt that prints at register after transaction is complete. Reminder to hit the "Submit" button on final page of website or the rebate does NOT process (mine appeared below the fold). Per T&Cs, 4-6 weeks for GC to arrive by mail.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by trentswanson
My rebate was not instant at POS. Rather, required using Staples Easy Rebate receipt that prints at register after transaction is complete. Reminder to hit the "Submit" button on final page of website or the rebate does NOT process (mine appeared below the fold). Per T&Cs, 4-6 weeks for GC to arrive by mail.
still requires you to submit online?
won't work for me since staples has blacklisted me from any online purchases or even rebates. They told me I used multiple coupons for my online order and they didn't like it. That was early last year.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 11:37 am

Is the rebate a plain old visa gc or is it a staples gc?
Old Apr 13, 2014, 11:49 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Worked just fine in SoCal. Not in paper ad in store either. No signs up at the GC rack. Picked up 2x200 and rebate form spit out automatically. No rewards number provided.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pfl5001
Is the rebate a plain old visa gc or is it a staples gc?
It appears to be a $20 Visa prepaid card, not a Staples gift card.

The cashiers at my Staples also didn't have a clue, and the flyers they had at the store were not the online ad. They ended up looking on their computer for the ad, but I had to direct them to the proper page. The one cashier said the register should print out a form after the purchase, and it did -- it's about 2 ft. long.

Added: Here's what it says about the rebate card when you apply for the rebate online --

• Arrives like cash, ready to use!
• No activation or registration required
• Accepted everywhere Visa Debit is accepted
• Use your card instantly anywhere Visa Debit cards are accepted in the United States

Last edited by PaulMSN; Apr 13, 2014 at 12:09 pm
Old Apr 13, 2014, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

@tsmith12
Don't have that offer in my staples sale paper here in the Windy City and the reps in the store don't have a clue either. Where did you find yours? Which state /city ?
THANK YOU for your input

This is in SoCal. Page 13 of the online flyer. You can use 90024 zip code to see it on their site and show it to them.

I had to show them the flyer on my phone last time around for the MC deal and then the manager looked it up in his system to confirm the rebate.

ETA: I used a "Chicago" zip code and saw the same offer listed on page 13...show them that on your phone when you go to the store. Even without any signage in store, the rebate should still print.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 12:12 pm

It's on page 13 of the weekly ad for most regions.

The vendor for the rebate is "Blackhawk"

https://www.stapleseasyrebates.com/p...ndleId=1888565

Product: Visa Gift Cards
Rebate reward: $20.00 Rebate Visa Prepaid Card
Purchase dates: 04-13-2014 through 04-19-2014
Postmark date: Purchase Date Plus 60 Days
Promotion: Get a $20 Visa (R) Prepaid Card on a Purchase of $300 or more of Visa Gift Cards (SKUs 763604, 763602, 374172, 763607, 374177, 866291) at Staples Stores ONLY

Promotion details:
Purchase must be made between 04/13/14 and 04/19/14. Requests MUST be submitted online or postmarked within 60 days from date of purchase. To submit online go to www.stapleseasyrebates.com and follow the instructions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.