Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Staples deal is back- Buy $300 Visa GC, get $20 Prepaid Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Staples deal is back- Buy $300 Visa GC, get $20 Prepaid Card

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2014, 8:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by cdancer20
Thanks OP! Great deal to stack. I have more than 1 Amex Sync deal (multiple cards) so I can stack two of those and make this a really sweet deal!
Originally Posted by explorer84
I think its only across one amex account, not card (like the other deals).
What I mean is that I can buy two $200 gift cards and have them do a split transaction. Staples will see a $300+ gift card purchase and each Amex will see a $100+ Staples purchase.

And yes you can have the deal on multiple Amex accts. I currently have it on 3.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 9:07 am

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by iahphx
Two questions --

1) Is it possible at Staples to somehow split payment? In this instance, those of us with the AMEX Sync deal would want to charge $100 to that AMEX card and then pay the rest with our Ink cards. I know folks do this all the time at Target, Walmart, etc.

2) How strict are they with the "one household" rule? I "synced" 2 AMEX cards for myself, one for my wife, and one for my daughter. I'm assuming I can't get the Staples rebate twice. How likely is it that my wife and daughter could also get one?
Great question. I registered 6 Amex cards for Staples $20 off $100 offer, so ideally I would buy a $200 and a $100 Visa and pay $100 with 3 different Amex cards registered for $20 off $100 offer. Would be an awesome deal!

So can someone confirm if multiple payments are allowed?
Old Apr 11, 2014, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by glocklt4
Great question. I registered 6 Amex cards for Staples $20 off $100 offer, so ideally I would buy a $200 and a $100 Visa and pay $100 with 3 different Amex cards registered for $20 off $100 offer. Would be an awesome deal!

So can someone confirm if multiple payments are allowed?
Yes, split payments are allowed if the cashier knows how to do it. I did it last time the Amex staples deal was going on.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by trentswanson
Was capacity-controlled.. Sold out in less than 24 hours.. This offer was not typically available via "My Offers"
yes it was, got 3 that way.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by kellyfjn
Is the visa gift card rebate in store only?
i am also interested in this
Old Apr 11, 2014, 9:41 am

Programs: UA 1K;
The OM stores in this area are still out of $200. Visa GC from the offer a couple weeks ago. They never restocked the $200.s All other denominations are overstocked.
I have asked them several times and they are clueless...except to say there was a big sale a while back.

Should not affect Staples the same way as there is a limit that will hold it down to at least one at a time....maybe many times, but just one at a time to get the deal.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by iahphx
Two questions --

1) Is it possible at Staples to somehow split payment? In this instance, those of us with the AMEX Sync deal would want to charge $100 to that AMEX card and then pay the rest with our Ink cards. I know folks do this all the time at Target, Walmart, etc.

2) How strict are they with the "one household" rule? I "synced" 2 AMEX cards for myself, one for my wife, and one for my daughter. I'm assuming I can't get the Staples rebate twice. How likely is it that my wife and daughter could also get one?
You can split payments as long as the cashier knows how, ymmv on that one.

staples rebates are VERY strict on the one household rule. If you even have the same phone number as another rebate (say your daughter used your phone number but lives away from home) this would still invalidate the rebate. Sometimes even same last name in the same county will throw it for a loop but you can usually push those through by chatting with them. You would need a different name, address, email, phone number, etc. Everything would need to be different so unless you own or rent two houses its very strictly one rebate.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by kellyfjn
Is the visa gift card rebate in store only?
rebates in the past have always been instore only. Besides that, there are no $200 gcs online so you would have to pay a $6.95 (yes its higher online than in store) fee for the $100 cards x 3 and only get $20 back....
Old Apr 11, 2014, 9:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by hamokmonky
rebates in the past have always been instore only. Besides that, there are no $200 gcs online so you would have to pay a $6.95 (yes its higher online than in store) fee for the $100 cards x 3 and only get $20 back....
However if you go through a portal, that cashback more than pays the extra dollar. Also useful if you don't live near a Staples.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 10:07 am

However if you go through a portal, that cashback more than pays the extra dollar. Also useful if you don't live near a Staples.
While true, in this case its more than just an extra $1, its an extra $7.95 since you have to buy 3 $100 cards instead of a $200 and $100. But the answer still remains the same, all of the previous rebates have been in stores only so it doesnt really matter if you can get portal cashback points or not, you cant get the rebate online.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 10:08 am
Suspended

1. Is this in-store only or can I buy this online?
2. Will I get 5X if I use my Ink?

Thanks for any info.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 10:16 am

Programs: Hilton C, Marriott Pt, Delta Pt
We will know for sure when the rebate form is published next week but mostly likely in store only. This is the wording from the last rebate:

"Get a $20 Staples Gift Card on a Purchase of $300 or more of Mastercard Gift Cards (SKUs 192695, 725725, 763608, 763455, 763603) at Staples Stores ONLY"

Yes, you earn 5x with your Ink.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 10:17 am

While true, in this case its more than just an extra $1, its an extra $7.95 since you have to buy 3 $100 cards instead of a $200 and $100. But the answer still remains the same, all of the previous rebates have been in stores only so it doesnt really matter if you can get portal cashback points or not, you cant get the rebate online.
True that it won't matter since it's probably in store only but I thought I should just give you the math for future references. I use Upromise.com which gives 5% cashback. For a $100 GC purchase for $6.95, I get back $5.35. So for 3 $100 GCs 1 in transaction, I get $16.04 back so in essence, I am only paying $4.81 in fees.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 10:23 am

True that it won't matter since it's probably in store only but I thought I should just give you the math for future references. I use Upromise.com which gives 5% cashback. For a $100 GC purchase for $6.95, I get back $5.35. So for 3 $100 GCs 1 in transaction, I get $16.04 back so in essence, I am only paying $4.81 in fees.
Yes, I can do math, but for people who for some reason dont use upromise (im sure theres someone out there), or for those that have issues with upromise paying out (been there, done that), the comparison should be on the pre-portal value so that they can make the correct decision.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 10:46 am

Yes, I can do math, but for people who for some reason dont use upromise (im sure theres someone out there), or for those that have issues with upromise paying out (been there, done that), the comparison should be on the pre-portal value so that they can make the correct decision.
To each his own. I have been 100% with Upromise and the couple that didn't post, I had no issues calling them and having the issue fixed. So yes there is a gamble with any portal but the successes and profit typically outweigh the risks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.