Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kroger Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2015, 12:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, UA 1K
Originally Posted by 2B or back in coach
What you are experiencing is the norm. National Kroger Memo was posted here a couple of months ago.
Thanks for the info..just searched back through the thread and found the details. It states the register will be coded in 2015 to assist with enforcement. I suspect since a DL is entered with each transaction, this eventual change may be enforced across all stores, preventing purchases at multiple stores in a single day.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 4:27 pm

My local Ralph's has a promo for "$.40 off a gallon of gas for buying $100 in gift cards". I know these promos can vary from region to region, do I want to make sure I understand it completely.

Well I actually get $.40 off per gallon at Shell stations, or will I just earn 400 fuel points?
Old Aug 1, 2015, 6:00 pm

400 fuel points.

It's their current promo - 4x points on GCs.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 1:49 pm

Anyone have issues with purchasing vgcs from Krogers recently? I got shot down twice last week in two different stores. Both managers claimed that there were a recent meeting and from then on, cash only.

Eventually, one store manager allowed me to made one "final" purchase, the register did not complain at all.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by DylanZh
Anyone have issues with purchasing vgcs from Krogers recently? I got shot down twice last week in two different stores. Both managers claimed that there were a recent meeting and from then on, cash only.

Eventually, one store manager allowed me to made one "final" purchase, the register did not complain at all.
Location?
Old Aug 2, 2015, 8:03 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.

Actually I was told by the manager today at my local Ralphs(which is Kroeger) that they just went "cash only" for all visa/mc gift cards. He said something about a message from corporate due to the large amount of fraud going on lately. I went to another Ralphs in town and had better luck.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 8:07 pm

Mansfield, Texas, Kroger allowed me to purchase, but said they would only process transactions at the Customer Service desk. The clerk said all regional Krogers were going to be handling vgc purchases this way, but I haven't had a chance to check out any other stores yet. It might have just been that one clerk.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 9:15 pm

No issue buying VGCs at ATL area. I just bought three VGCs yesterday. I have bought 10+ VGCs from Kroger for the past week. Though $5.95 is one dollar more, it is more convenience for me. I can walk to Kroger for lunch break exercise.

Last edited by wuchien6401; Aug 2, 2015 at 9:25 pm
Old Aug 2, 2015, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by pennstate94
Mansfield, Texas, Kroger allowed me to purchase, but said they would only process transactions at the Customer Service desk. The clerk said all regional Krogers were going to be handling vgc purchases this way, but I haven't had a chance to check out any other stores yet. It might have just been that one clerk.
I had the same experience in Dallas today.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisFlyer66
Actually I was told by the manager today at my local Ralphs(which is Kroeger) that they just went "cash only" for all visa/mc gift cards. He said something about a message from corporate due to the large amount of fraud going on lately. I went to another Ralphs in town and had better luck.
Sad day here too. A mgr at one of my go to stores actually showed me the new memo, which he had attached to the previous one posted here. Cash only on all open loop variable load gc's. I did manage to get some at another store across town, but I am afraid it will be dead in 4 weeks when I get back from Thailand and Malaysia.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 5:36 am

Bought 9 VGCs @ Kroger in SE Michigan on Sat with no issue. The cashier was a little concerned about it, but in the end I walked out with 9 cards and 4000+ fuel points.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 7:25 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, UA 1K

It's been hit or miss south of Denver...Each store seems to have its own policy in addition to the current Kroger policy. $2000 at customer service desk, $1000 CSD, all CSD. Cash only or no AGC. I've seen it all recently and it seems to be getting more stringent as time goes on. Other grocery stores seem to be tightening the rules in this area as well. But I have found one store that doesn't seem to restrict anything.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 7:32 am

Programs: BA, AA, SPG, HLTN, ETC
In June I had no issues buying VGC with Amex GC.
Starting in July every time I bought any sort of gift card (vgc or regular retailer) they wanted to verify my name on the card that was used. In the end they let me purchase all three times even using a non personalized GC but that was only after I kindly asked that they please let me...and I've gotten to know most of the people there as I am there every other day or so (less than a block from my home so I buy groceries "as needed" for freshness and to save space)...but I doubt I will do it much more with AGC. They seem uncomfortable with it each time so I assume they probably got a memo recently. Not a big deal - I have a wg, cvs, and Kroger all right beside each other...so I would liquidate a 2k with 2 at cvs, one at wg, and one at Kroger to simply spread out the hits less at each store...guess I will drop the Kroger. Too nice of a store and good people to wanna burn anything there - they have no issues with my getting MO all day long.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by shadow520
Bought 9 VGCs @ Kroger in SE Michigan on Sat with no issue. The cashier was a little concerned about it, but in the end I walked out with 9 cards and 4000+ fuel points.
Check your receipt, there's likely a big 0 for fuel points earned that transaction.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by MileageGoblin
Check your receipt, there's likely a big 0 for fuel points earned that transaction.
Unless he means $100 VGC, which 9 of would give 4000+

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.