Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is Vanilla Reload the best option?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2014, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by deadlycfx
It seems Citi card is harder to MS than others.
Unless it is the 5x TYP!
Old Feb 14, 2014, 4:48 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, Hilton, Priority Club, USAir, American Express Membership Rewards, Ultimate Rew, United
I bought a vr today at CVS and when I scratched off the silver, the number is barely readable (the first half). I have tried every combination. What do I do? What is my recourse? TIA
Old Feb 14, 2014, 5:03 pm

Vanilla reloads aren't that great for me since I can get gift cards for no fee through cash back portals online. I usually just order a bunch at the beginning of the week and then hit up the Wal-Mart's to drain them on the weekend as they usually arrive by then. I have 10 Wal-Mart's within 25 miles of me so life is good.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by Carter29072
I bought a vr today at CVS and when I scratched off the silver, the number is barely readable (the first half). I have tried every combination. What do I do? What is my recourse? TIA
VR CS has easily, and repeatedly been able to transfer my VR money to MyVanilla Debit Card (MVD) using the serial numbers and 6 of the 10 pin numbers.

You are allowed to transfer up to 5 VR per day on to MVD. That's a max of $2,500.

VR CS will also quickly tell you if the VR is active. Meaning, money on the card.

I guess they would be able to transfer VR money to any debit card in the program.

Of course, when you call in to VR CS, it's better to have the debit cards you choose, and that work with VR, handy.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 7:37 am

Programs: Several dozen
Always best to Chase down such opportunities and never look for them in the Citi.

Originally Posted by aGeist
Why thou? If you can't get points or maybe you can... if it's not treated as CA.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by Chris92128
Vanilla reloads aren't that great for me since I can get gift cards for no fee through cash back portals online. I usually just order a bunch at the beginning of the week and then hit up the Wal-Mart's to drain them on the weekend as they usually arrive by then. I have 10 Wal-Mart's within 25 miles of me so life is good.

I'd sure like to know more specifics of your project.

You're buying GC with no fee at what website and what cards?
Your adding CC money to the GC online and cashing out at Walmart?
Does Walmart have money order limits?

Thanks.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 6:07 pm

Depositing a lot of money orders in a bank account just seems like they would start asking questions quick. hum
Old Feb 18, 2014, 3:10 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by john doe iii
SERVE for one. Get a few of them for you and fam. Load 1k a day at CVS x 4+.

Find Credit Unions in your area that you can join online and fund the initial opening deposit with cc. Max that out!
one issue...you cannot have serve and the bird
Old Feb 18, 2014, 4:30 am

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by skibum7732
one issue...you cannot have serve and the bird
Have someone sign up and add you as a sub account.
Now you have both.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 7:13 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Depositing a lot of money orders in a bank account just seems like they would start asking questions quick. hum
Have multiple bank accounts. There's a thread on which banks seem to be the most relaxed with MO's.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It depends on the bank and your relationship with it. I deposit anywhere for $5K-8K each week at my CU. They haven't raised an eyebrow since early on last summer. But I've had accounts there for 40 years.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 10:38 am

SERVE for one. Get a few of them for you and fam. Load 1k a day at CVS x 4+.

Find Credit Unions in your area that you can join online and fund the initial opening deposit with cc. Max that out!
The limit per month for CC load is $1k per card though, no?
Old Feb 18, 2014, 10:59 am

Programs: Delta PM | US PP | Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by toxicity
The limit per month for CC load is $1k per card though, no?
CC loads at CVS count towards cash loads.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 11:36 am

CC loads at CVS count towards cash loads.
Really? So you can do the full $5k with no fee swipes?
Old Feb 18, 2014, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by f0xx
Have someone sign up and add you as a sub account.
Now you have both.
OK, but that doesn't increase the monthly limit, does it?

I have a Bluebird account under my SO's name. If I add myself as a subaccount, is the monthly max still $5,000 across both names or does it get bumped up to $10,000 monthly limit.

If the monthly limit doesn't increase, I don't see the use of adding a sub account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.