Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One Vanilla MO problems...

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2014, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by grayland
Agree ^

In areas with no Kates and hard core managers/reps ..that would be a pretty decent experience.
One Walmart here requires you hand over the card so they can check for embossed name and then they have to swipe on register...not you swipe on POS.
No kiosk.
There is No way past that action. THAT is a bad day.
Do you have any luck with other store's that offer MO's? I haven't tried Payless yet. It is a Kroger brand grocery store for those that aren't familiar. I have a couple others I can try too I suppose. Walmart is just way more convenient.
Old May 3, 2014, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by joqaelyzm
Do you have any luck with other store's that offer MO's? I haven't tried Payless yet. It is a Kroger brand grocery store for those that aren't familiar. I have a couple others I can try too I suppose. Walmart is just way more convenient.
If (if!) Walmart went national with a no-"gift" card rule for BB and MO, people would migrate to those other stores and eventually those stores might do the same. I currently have three stores that I go to for MOs, and one has started taking records if I buy $2K "because they got into trouble" (whatever that means) Also, all three charge $1 per $500 MO, rather than the local Walmart's 0.70 per $1K
Old May 3, 2014, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by silver6054
If (if!) Walmart went national with a no-"gift" card rule for BB and MO, people would migrate to those other stores and eventually those stores might do the same. I currently have three stores that I go to for MOs, and one has started taking records if I buy $2K "because they got into trouble" (whatever that means) Also, all three charge $1 per $500 MO, rather than the local Walmart's 0.70 per $1K
An extra $1.30 per $1,000 of MO would be a small price to pay for sustainability. But, unfortunately, like you said chances are if Walmart bans it then other stores will follow as they become inundated with MSers making their way in. Maybe I need to find some place that isn't a nationwide chain? Not sure what's available but haven't had to look up until now.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 11:42 am

OneVanilla denied but phantom debit

Adding to this old thread but will keep looking to see if there's a more current one.

Had the problem others have reported here:

One of the Vanilla GC I used as part of a MO purchase (USPS) was declined at the POS, and I substituted a different card, which went through.

But OV system showed a $475 debit on the card that was denied. Clerk at USPS said she sees it happen now and then but that her system shows it declined and so the balance should go back on the card.

Having the dreaded feeling from reading about others' experience that this will be a long process of appealing.

I have a receipt from USPS showing the two other cards that were used for the MO purchase. But obviously you don't get a receipt for a declined card so it's scary.

I am a big boy but it's pretty amazing to think the card issuer can remove money but never send it.

Some are mentioning that they talked to Incomm/OV but I get no options for speaking to a human and expect that's unlikely.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 12:34 pm

Whew! Resolved phantom debit on OV card

Originally Posted by cswriter
Adding to this old thread but will keep looking to see if there's a more current one.

Had the problem others have reported here:

One of the Vanilla GC I used as part of a MO purchase (USPS) was declined at the POS, and I substituted a different card, which went through.

But OV system showed a $475 debit on the card that was denied. Clerk at USPS said she sees it happen now and then but that her system shows it declined and so the balance should go back on the card.

Having the dreaded feeling from reading about others' experience that this will be a long process of appealing.

I have a receipt from USPS showing the two other cards that were used for the MO purchase. But obviously you don't get a receipt for a declined card so it's scary.

I am a big boy but it's pretty amazing to think the card issuer can remove money but never send it.

Some are mentioning that they talked to Incomm/OV but I get no options for speaking to a human and expect that's unlikely.
It took about two hours but my OneVanilla now shows a correction for the debit to my card despite a declined transaction. I was just answering a call-back from OV customer service when the correction appeared. Whew!
Old Feb 24, 2016, 12:39 pm

So it only took 2 hours after the transaction for the PIN attempt to be corrected ?
Old Feb 24, 2016, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by cswriter
It took about two hours but my OneVanilla now shows a correction for the debit to my card despite a declined transaction. I was just answering a call-back from OV customer service when the correction appeared. Whew!
I'll just throw this in... on 2 occasions i've had OV problems (one, card had no balance and was fixed, next, card replacement had to be mailed) and in both cases their CSRs were polite, helpful, and spoke native English. They handled the issues well, were responsive when I emailed scans of receipts, etc, and made it painless. I expected much worse I have to admit, but can confidently say no one should dread calling if they have an issue.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by dethkultur
I'll just throw this in... on 2 occasions i've had OV problems (one, card had no balance and was fixed, next, card replacement had to be mailed) and in both cases their CSRs were polite, helpful, and spoke native English. They handled the issues well, were responsive when I emailed scans of receipts, etc, and made it painless. I expected much worse I have to admit, but can confidently say no one should dread calling if they have an issue.
It's oftentimes when I expect the very worst when I am surprised. When I really need to get something done and haven't had a chance to think about the impending customer service nightmare that I get into trouble.

Just felt like getting that off my chest...
Old Sep 18, 2017, 11:56 am

I just notice that the price of variable One Vanilla cards (generic black packaging) has increased at my local CVS, from $4.95 to $5.95, which I believe is the same price of the "bedazzled" Vanilla GCs.

This bums me out. I live in one of those areas where the CVS-USPS connect is the only real viable option (WM too far, no friendly groceries).
Old Jan 11, 2018, 9:19 pm

A Spanish version One Vanilla MasterCard GC recently showed up at my CVS. According to the OV website it is available at other chains, but I have not seen that locally. It is that weird combination of Metabank and Incomm, which so far I've only found on some SC OVMGC and Target VGC. On the slight chance that WM had not blacklisted it yet I tried to buy a MO there but no bueno. I don't think being a MC was the problem. It did work OK at local grocery for MO. My working theory is that WM blocks Incomm (usually Vanilla, but not always), not that they allow Metabank. Maybe they just do it all with specific BIN's.

Last edited by noassumptions; Jan 11, 2018 at 9:33 pm Reason: clarity

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.