Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 28, 14, 6:48 am   #1
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: SAN/IND
Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Posts: 1,357
JH (Jackson Hewitt) Preferred Card

Decided to sign up for this today and spread the news as it's another VR unloading tool... The bill pay system is through Billeo and not great (at least for my area); however, you are able to cash advance or withdraw for a limited amount using an ATM.

Can be a little pricey with the $510 ATM transaction limit and $2.50 fee, but using it for MO may be well worth it to then deposit into my Simple Bank account.

Various fees and limits are as follows; however the full list can be seen here.

Fees
$2.50 + ATM Fee for Cash Withdrawal
$5 Cash Advance up to $2,500
$3/month but WAIVED if load $1000+/month

Limits
$1000 maximum VR/day
$5000 maximum VR/month
$510 per ATM transaction
$2,550 daily ATM withdrawal
healthnut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 14, 7:16 am   #2
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 458
Nice find. I can't seem to find an online enrollment link, so an office visit is needed atm.
MsArbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 14, 7:23 am   #3
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 909
I think a blogger already said something about this card yesterday(?).
vagrants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 14, 7:24 am   #4
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: PHL based
Programs: USAir, UA, AA, BA, Hyatt, HHonors, SPG, Marriott, IHG
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthnut View Post
Decided to sign up for this today and spread the news as it's another VR unloading tool... The bill pay system is through Billeo and not great (at least for my area); however, you are able to cash advance or withdraw for a limited amount using an ATM.

Can be a little pricey with the $510 ATM transaction limit and $2.50 fee, but using it for MO may be well worth it to then deposit into my Simple Bank account.

Various fees and limits are as follows; however the full list can be seen here.

Fees
$2.50 + ATM Fee for Cash Withdrawal
$5 Cash Advance up to $2,500
$3/month but WAIVED if load $1000+/month

Limits
$1000 maximum VR/day
$5000 maximum VR/month
$510 per ATM transaction
$2,550 daily ATM withdrawal
This was reported by Frequent Miler this morning. I signed up this am as well - also looking at MO/ Simple account routing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsArbi View Post
Nice find. I can't seem to find an online enrollment link, so an office visit is needed atm.

Online enrollment here - https://www.jhpreferred.com/jacksonH...vSf9bTGtMBhFdw
jiffyjiff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 14, 7:27 am   #5
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 119
https://www.jhpreferred.com/jacksonH...mentSetup.html
prokopon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 14, 7:28 am   #6
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiffyjiff View Post
It's early and I can't see worth a %#!%. Never mind the big fat "ENROLL NOW!" button. I swear it didn't exist, I swear.
MsArbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 14, 7:39 am   #7
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: RDU
Programs: DL FO, AA LT PLT, SPG Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Other Crap...
Posts: 5,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by vagrants View Post
I think a blogger already said something about this card yesterday(?).
Damn you FT ruining it for us bloggers!!!!

I have a post coming out on it today, but the short version is $5k per month, unload via BP/MO's the cheapest option. Cash costs money ($2.50 ATM, $5 cash advance)

And it's from Sutton Bank, a new player, regulated by NYDFS, who actually is a pretty heavy handed regulator

Had the a couple of cards a couple of weeks all good so far but of course we will see once the volume goes up how long it lasts
__________________
MilesAbound - my blog | Trip Report: Emirates A380 F JFK-DXB
ma91pmh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 14, 8:07 am   #8
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 23
The BP feature appears to be very very limited. I couldn't find any of my CC. It seems this will be good for MO only. I'd rather get a 4th BB.
newtopoints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 14, 8:11 am   #9
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: SAN/IND
Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Posts: 1,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtopoints View Post
The BP feature appears to be very very limited. I couldn't find any of my CC. It seems this will be good for MO only. I'd rather get a 4th BB.
This is very true. I emailed them a week ago about adding places (especially rent because then that won't take from my BB limit). If you look in the rent section, there are many personals, so I assume you can add something at some point or somehow. I have still not heard from them, but decided to go through with it today because I recently got Simple and just MO liquidating will work for me.
healthnut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 14, 8:23 am   #10
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: RDU
Programs: DL FO, AA LT PLT, SPG Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Other Crap...
Posts: 5,258
It's not even a real bill pay. It just takes you to the biller's web site. It's a joke. Unload via money order and third party bill pay (wm/rite aid/kroger/insert your grocery-or-pharmacy store here)
__________________
MilesAbound - my blog | Trip Report: Emirates A380 F JFK-DXB
ma91pmh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 14, 8:27 am   #11
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 903
Any idea what the maximum debit limit on this card is?
KYBOSH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 14, 8:47 am   #12
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma91pmh View Post
It's not even a real bill pay. It just takes you to the biller's web site. It's a joke. Unload via money order and third party bill pay (wm/rite aid/kroger/insert your grocery-or-pharmacy store here)
My feelings exactly. I can see how this might make sense for some folks. But I have a good supply of BB shells. Btw DW and I we have 6 BB cards which all get maxed monthly. I would have jumped on this if the BP was decent.

Not willing to do the MO gymnastics at the moment.
newtopoints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 14, 8:52 am   #13
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: RDU
Programs: DL FO, AA LT PLT, SPG Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Other Crap...
Posts: 5,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtopoints View Post
My feelings exactly. I can see how this might make sense for some folks. But I have a good supply of BB shells. Btw DW and I we have 6 BB cards which all get maxed monthly. I would have jumped on this if the BP was decent.

Not willing to do the MO gymnastics at the moment.
I wish I had that many BB's. Wanna share some?
__________________
MilesAbound - my blog | Trip Report: Emirates A380 F JFK-DXB
ma91pmh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 14, 9:02 am   #14
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtopoints View Post
My feelings exactly. I can see how this might make sense for some folks. But I have a good supply of BB shells. Btw DW and I we have 6 BB cards which all get maxed monthly. I would have jumped on this if the BP was decent.

Not willing to do the MO gymnastics at the moment.
Do those 6 BBs have unique ssn? I only have an account for me and my wife...Could I open one in my dogs name?
drdrew450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 14, 9:06 am   #15
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: RDU
Programs: DL FO, AA LT PLT, SPG Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Other Crap...
Posts: 5,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdrew450 View Post
Do those 6 BBs have unique ssn? I only have an account for me and my wife...Could I open one in my dogs name?
Does your dog have an SSN?
__________________
MilesAbound - my blog | Trip Report: Emirates A380 F JFK-DXB
ma91pmh is online now   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 8:22 am.