JH (Jackson Hewitt) Preferred Card

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2014, 2:29 pm

Programs: Delta silver, HH silver, IHG platinum, SPG gold, AMEX platinum
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
$5k in via VR

$5k out via WM BP

Shutdown

On the phone with CS who says she works for Bancorp. My card says issued by Sutton Bank, so just for kicks I am going to file complaint with NYDFS that the card is falsely representing another bank. CS has no clue about ... Sutton Bank is!
That was quick my good friend 99.9% is such a high percentage
Old Jan 31, 2014, 2:53 pm

Programs: *$ Gold :)
$5k in via VR

$5k out via WM BP

Shutdown
too fast to their liking?.. load/unload
mvd style
Old Jan 31, 2014, 2:56 pm

$5k in via VR

$5k out via WM BP

Shutdown

On the phone with CS who says she works for Bancorp. My card says issued by Sutton Bank, so just for kicks I am going to file complaint with NYDFS that the card is falsely representing another bank. CS has no clue about ... Sutton Bank is!
You blindly believe the CS, when she says she works for Bancorp?
Old Jan 31, 2014, 3:06 pm

I don't think the wham bam thank u mam approach will work much longer. The industry is getting smarter.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 3:11 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by stealph
That was quick my good friend 99.9% is such a high percentage
Yes indeed I can eat humble pie... so sorry Jeff. Though when there is a lot of wolf crying I can't really be blamed....

Originally Posted by fappi
You blindly believe the CS, when she says she works for Bancorp?
ha supervisor works for InComm. No I mean Bancorp. No I mean Jackson Hewitt. I don't really care I was just f***ing with them. I plan to lob the complaint into NYDFS for kicks though. They will not let go
Old Jan 31, 2014, 3:13 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by pier11
too fast to their liking?.. load/unload
mvd style
Yes they mumble some BS about it being against federal regulations to load and then immediately unload large sums.... oh wait no it's against the terms and conditions... actually we can change the terms and conditions at will. it was pretty funny to listen to. should have recorded it for the regulator to hear
Old Feb 2, 2014, 5:46 am

Programs: All of them!
Originally Posted by cuebert
Up until last week, folks on the registers didn't care.

I don't know the term "GC" when I'm at Wally's. It's debit, as I say only when asked, and when asked to show my card I present it. "Let me see your card... ahh, prepay, yeah, we don't allow it."

(If I wanted $500 of junk they'd happily take it.)

This is a new thing.

This means I have to use a debit card with my name it to do the deed there now.
Maybe where you live this just started last week. Where I live, some WMs have refused to sell me MO with GC for as long as I've been trying it, and others still do not care. At my usual one there was recently some concern about my purchases and whether they should be allowed to continue, but I was able to assuage that by agreeing to fill out the paperwork with SSN and whatnot that I hadn't been doing in the past. That seems to have convinced them I'm not a money launderer and my GC purchases have been allowed to continue. This always has been, and continues to be, YMMV.

I have ordered this card and I'm waiting for it to come in the mail. I was able to get approved despite recently having all 3 of my MVD accounts simultaneously converted to spend down mode and the fact that I was not able to get the T-Mobile prepaid card, which I thought might have been due to being on Bancorp's blacklist as a result of my MVD accounts. This gives me a little bit of hope that the issue with T-Mobile may just be a website glitch. My plan is to liquidate at WM in smaller amounts, like 1-2k at a time, rather than doing a 5k bill pay in one go. Since the card can only be loaded 1k at a time and since I visit WM plenty anyway, there's no extra cost to me if I do it this way. We'll see how long it lasts.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 8:10 am

Programs: MS Plat, AOR ninja
How long did it take y'all to get your card? I applied around 1/24. Still waiting
Old Feb 2, 2014, 9:01 am

Same here. Waiting to get my card so I can get shut down.

Originally Posted by carsonheim
How long did it take y'all to get your card? I applied around 1/24. Still waiting
Old Feb 2, 2014, 9:14 am

Programs: CO (RIP), US (RIP), Amtrak. Lots of CC programs.
Originally Posted by Lemma
Maybe where you live this just started last week.
Last time I visited they actually took my cards and DL, compared names, and swiped the cards. They were polite though, no other problems and I can still use that WM as long as I'm not getting MOs or BP with GCs.

The other local WM, fortunately, doesn't share employees
Old Feb 8, 2014, 2:33 pm

my card finally showed up. Anybody having success with this? Better to just not bother even activating it?
Old Feb 8, 2014, 2:54 pm

Programs: USAir, UA, AA, BA, Hyatt, HHonors, SPG, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by TKKY
Same here. Waiting to get my card so I can get shut down.
Same experience as above - just got mine today, applied 2-3 weeks ago

Originally Posted by zeppoloveskafka
my card finally showed up. Anybody having success with this? Better to just not bother even activating it?
Doesn't seem like anyone is having any success moving amounts. Activate vs. not - what do you have to lose - bang it hard and fast and be done and move on. Unless you want to wait until you have a large sign up to meet (I'm in process of meeting AA 100k 10k spend, so I will go hard and fast)
Old Feb 8, 2014, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by jiffyjiff
Same experience as above - just got mine today, applied 2-3 weeks ago

Doesn't seem like anyone is having any success moving amounts. Activate vs. not - what do you have to lose - bang it hard and fast and be done and move on. Unless you want to wait until you have a large sign up to meet (I'm in process of meeting AA 100k 10k spend, so I will go hard and fast)
you have to lose the next better opportunity possibly.

people report cross-bans (have I just invented the term?) - shut down on one product prevent them to sign up with the other.

example. Those banned with paypower are now having no go with t-mo. And who know with what else in the future. As new products appear on monthly basis in our area.

my 2 points ($0.02)
Old Feb 8, 2014, 3:54 pm

Programs: MS Plat, AOR ninja
Originally Posted by zeppoloveskafka
Mine showed up yesterday. Loaded 1K yesterday, 1K today. Used it at grocery store today for a $2.33 purchase. Will ramp up over the coming weeks. :-:
Old Feb 8, 2014, 4:13 pm

Used it ... for a $2.33 purchase. Will ramp up ...
^lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.