Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JH (Jackson Hewitt) Preferred Card

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2014, 4:11 pm

Programs: United 1K, Globalist Hyatt, Plat Marriott
Originally Posted by zeppoloveskafka
sorry to hear. Can you give any commentary on your usage? Also, did they ask for lots of info before giving you your money back?

I had been mostly ignoring this card, but did do a couple rapid reloads and a MO on it yesterday, and still open. It's my least efficient way of MS, but still some profit to be squeezed out on a 5% card.
Be careful on the card. they shut a bunch of us down and demanded a lot of documentation to release the funds. I think enough of us submitted FDIC complaints that they re-opened our accounts, but i wouldn't load another penny here.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 7:39 pm

It's my theory that the accounts were closed accidently. They were restored so quickly, that I don't think FDIC complaints had anything to do with it. JHP is certainly my last option, but if Kate's not pumping out MO, there's still about $63 to be gained by loading 2K to JHP. I don't have unlimited ability to get MOs, but I can get ample MOs from the post office using this card.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by zeppoloveskafka
It's my theory that the accounts were closed accidently. They were restored so quickly, that I don't think FDIC complaints had anything to do with it. JHP is certainly my last option, but if Kate's not pumping out MO, there's still about $63 to be gained by loading 2K to JHP. I don't have unlimited ability to get MOs, but I can get ample MOs from the post office using this card.
I do not believe they were shut down accidentally. I was shut down and the CSR told me it was because of loads ($1K per day first 5 days of month), followed by one large federal estimated tax payment. How ironic that JH Preferred should have a problem using their card to make tax payments. My account was restored after making an FDIC compalint, but I cannot say if one was the cause of the other. I have since closed the account due to my inability to get VRs with a CC. Not worth the extra $$$ for me to load at WM, as so many cheaper options available out there.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 8:51 pm

The Ts&Cs say there's a $3 monthly fee unless you load $1000 per month via direct deposit or Vanilla Reload ... the wording is *specific* about the *kind* of reload that waves the fee, but I'd like to know for certain if that's the case, or if the $1000 is all they care about. i.e. If I load $1000 via Rapid Reload at WM, will that waive the fee?

Anyone have direct experience with this?
Old Jun 18, 2014, 10:00 am

I've loaded more than $3k each month in VR, and just got slapped with a $3 fee. I called in and CSR agrees I've met the reqmts for waiving the fee and she and her supervisor can't figure it out.. so their 'researching' and asked me to call back tomorrow.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 8:32 am

Yep, that's happened to me too, but that's a slightly different issue.

You're supposed to get the fee waived if you load more than $1k via VR or DD.
If you get charged anyway (as happens) they fix it because that's what the Ts&Cs say.

However ...

If I read the Ts&Cs strictly, doing $1k+ per month of RR at WM would *not* waive the $3 fee since RR is not VR or DD.

My question is whether anyone:
a) Has reloaded >= $1k via RR at WM, and
b) NOT reloaded at least $1k in the same month via VR or DD, and
c) Had the $3 fee waived anyway.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 2:25 pm

Will this card work with MoneyPak or Reloadit?
Old Jun 19, 2014, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by GeorgeMilesArnold
Will this card work with MoneyPak or Reloadit?
Don't think so.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 2:07 pm

I drained this account a couple weeks back and don't want to use it anymore. I tried calling the number but I didn't hear an option to speak to someone.

Anyone know how to formally shut this account down?
Old Jul 7, 2014, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by iminsandiego
I drained this account a couple weeks back and don't want to use it anymore. I tried calling the number but I didn't hear an option to speak to someone.

Anyone know how to formally shut this account down?
I think there is an option to report the card as lost or stolen that will let you speak to someone.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 7:53 pm
Suspended

Does anyone know what the limit is per swipe? Can you do $5k in one transaction?
Old Jul 9, 2014, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by ChuckMango
Does anyone know what the limit is per swipe? Can you do $5k in one transaction?
I've done a $3,500 tax payment and a $1,500 Citi Payment
Old Jul 9, 2014, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by ChuckMango
I did one federal, estimated tax payment of $4,995 each month before cancelling the card.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 7:00 pm
Suspended

Is doing the citi dance a no-no for the JH folks?
Old Jul 26, 2014, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by ed1chandler
The Ts&Cs say there's a $3 monthly fee unless you load $1000 per month via direct deposit or Vanilla Reload ... the wording is *specific* about the *kind* of reload that waves the fee, but I'd like to know for certain if that's the case, or if the $1000 is all they care about. i.e. If I load $1000 via Rapid Reload at WM, will that waive the fee?

Anyone have direct experience with this?
FYI, I haven't seen an answer to this, so I'm testing on my own.
I've loaded $750 via VR and $500 via RR.
I'll report back on whether or not I get charged the fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.