Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JH (Jackson Hewitt) Preferred Card

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2014, 5:47 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Has anyone successfully loaded this at Walmart using a debit card? Kiosk or money center?
Old Apr 15, 2014, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by serverus
Has anyone successfully loaded this at Walmart using a debit card? Kiosk or money center?
Read the previous page

It's been asked and answered several times now.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by zeppoloveskafka
Just to followup, I was at walmart this morning to load my bluebirds and I checked out the loading options for this card. It did say the limit was $500. So it costs 4.99+3.74 to load ...
Okay, two questions:
  1. Since the Ts&Cs say that you only avoid the $3 fee by depositing $1000 via direct deposit or VR, the question isn't whether or not you can swipe-reload it at Walmart. The question is whether or not doing so "counts" for avoiding the fee. Does anyone know that?
  2. Where's the other $4.99 fee coming from? Walmart charges $3.74 to swipe-reload.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 5:21 am

can it be loaded with moneypaks? I do not see the card listed on greendot site.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 6:02 am

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Originally Posted by ed1chandler
Originally Posted by zeppoloveskafka
Just to followup, I was at walmart this morning to load my bluebirds and I checked out the loading options for this card. It did say the limit was $500. So it costs 4.99+3.74 to load ...
Okay, two questions:
  1. Since the Ts&Cs say that you only avoid the $3 fee by depositing $1000 via direct deposit or VR, the question isn't whether or not you can swipe-reload it at Walmart. The question is whether or not doing so "counts" for avoiding the fee. Does anyone know that?
  2. Where's the other $4.99 fee coming from? Walmart charges $3.74 to swipe-reload.
I'd assume buying a GC to load it with.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 6:47 am

i was shut down on my JHP within a month for exceeding the 5k limit.
Old May 3, 2014, 8:59 am

Closed yesterday.
Not worth paying monthly $3 fees now.
Only way I could reach customer service rep was using option of card lost or stolen followed by mobile number.

The rep informed a new information that refund /closing fee of $10 can be avoided if I waive refund amount. Quickly I brought balance to less than a dollar and closed my account.
Old May 3, 2014, 6:39 pm

Programs: United MP, American AAdvantage, Chase UR, AMEX MR
Originally Posted by Nishant1
Closed yesterday.
Not worth paying monthly $3 fees now.
Only way I could reach customer service rep was using option of card lost or stolen followed by mobile number.

The rep informed a new information that refund /closing fee of $10 can be avoided if I waive refund amount. Quickly I brought balance to less than a dollar and closed my account.
One of the worst card to get a hold of a customer service rep on the line. Loop over and over just to get someone to cancel this card. Have 0.30 cent left, not worth keeping with a $3.00 fee. But, thank you for the tip.

Last edited by vfdfs2; May 3, 2014 at 6:49 pm
Old May 3, 2014, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by vfdfs2
One of the worst card to get a hold of a customer service rep on the line. Loop over and over just to get someone to cancel this card. Have 0.30 cent left, not worth keeping with a $3.00 fee. But, thank you for the tip.
Only takes a few seconds (Ok, minute) to buy a $0.30 Amazon gift cert for yourself, that's what I did with my small remaining balance.
Old May 4, 2014, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by silver4300
$8.69 to load/unload is way too high for me.
+1 Its really a lot guys.!
Old May 7, 2014, 4:30 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, UR
A/c locked with 3K in it. Can the card be used at Wally for MO while the a/c is in locked status? I just want to liquidate as much I can while I send them what rectpts/VR copies I can (glad I kept them but too much to sort through). If so, they can take their own sweet time to unlock me a/c.
Old May 7, 2014, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by FT-hss
A/c locked with 3K in it. Can the card be used at Wally for MO while the a/c is in locked status? I just want to liquidate as much I can while I send them what rectpts/VR copies I can (glad I kept them but too much to sort through). If so, they can take their own sweet time to unlock me a/c.
I had to get mine unlocked before spend down. Real pain too
Old May 7, 2014, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by FT-hss
No. You have to get the account unlocked before you can cash out the money. I have 5k locked and sent the receipts + DL + SSN + VR front and back. We'll see how long it takes.
Old May 7, 2014, 4:42 pm

Programs: United 1K, Globalist Hyatt, Plat Marriott
Tried to logon to my account it was locked down, along with my wife's. They said they needed a copy of my DL, SS Card and receipts from my last VR load 5 weeks ago to re-activate the card. They said compliance was requesting it, but compliance department doesn't take phone calls. I escalated to manager and she said that it was required.

She then put in a request to cut me a check and that was denied.

Any ideas how to get my money out? FDIC compliant?
Old May 7, 2014, 4:43 pm

Programs: United 1K, Globalist Hyatt, Plat Marriott
Originally Posted by Nomoneyinmybank
No. You have to get the account unlocked before you can cash out the money. I have 5k locked and sent the receipts + DL + SSN + VR front and back. We'll see how long it takes.
Did you have to send the VR or the VR receipt? They are telling me a receipt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.