JH (Jackson Hewitt) Preferred Card

Old Jan 28, 2014, 9:10 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by newtopoints
My feelings exactly. I can see how this might make sense for some folks. But I have a good supply of BB shells. Btw DW and I we have 6 BB cards which all get maxed monthly. I would have jumped on this if the BP was decent.

Not willing to do the MO gymnastics at the moment.
I wish I had this too! Unfortunately my whole family is into the game and I'm not willing to ask extended family yet... Maybe I should start having some kids...
Old Jan 28, 2014, 9:13 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by healthnut
I wish I had this too! Unfortunately my whole family is into the game and I'm not willing to ask extended family yet... Maybe I should start having some kids...
It's min age 18. I am not willing to risk having my kids getting a black eye over MS ability.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 9:16 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
It's min age 18. I am not willing to risk having my kids getting a black eye over MS ability.
I'm totally kidding... I'm in law school anyway and don't plan on kids for a LOONNGGG time!
Old Jan 28, 2014, 10:00 am

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Another card I can't make use of because none of my stores will sell VR with CC.

Sigh.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 10:11 am

This really is a MVD, with JH logo on it. The website options, alert setups, etc all like MVD.

And ITC Financial Services is same as Incomm, so expect similar shutdowns.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 10:17 am

I don't understand why are people going towards the MO route with this card and with other cards such as MVD?

If they want to do it, simply get One Vanilla or any other Visa Gift Cards and use them to get MO at Walmart. With this card, they will first need to buy VR (cost $3.95), load VR into this card & then go to Walmart to get a MO and then deposit the MO into your bank account. Why such a hefty process for only $1 of saving? Even that $1 would be depleted because of the additional time.

Am I missing something here?

Last edited by cowboyguy; Jan 28, 2014 at 10:24 am
Old Jan 28, 2014, 10:21 am

Programs: *$ Gold :)
Originally Posted by digital330
This really is a MVD, with JH logo on it. The website options, alert setups, etc all like MVD.

And ITC Financial Services is same as Incomm, so expect similar shutdowns.
This one is limited to 5k/mo. So is much much more sustainable than MVD.

Plus no free BP to drain easily. Monthly fee for those who forget his/her MS obligations. All adds to sustainability.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 10:24 am

Programs: *$ Gold :)
Originally Posted by cowboyguy
I don't understand why are people going towards the MO route with this card and with other cards such as MVD?

If they want to do it, simply get One Vanilla or any other Visa Gift Cards and use them to get MO at Walmart. With this card, they will first need to buy VR (cost $3.95), load VR into this card & then go to Walmart for Bill Pay. Why such a hefty process for only $1 of saving? Even that $1 would be depleted because of the additional time.

Am I missing something here?
Not all WM are happy with debit cards without your name on it. And all goes there.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 10:27 am

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
I'm going to sit this one out for the time being. Someone posted on a blog about having their account blocked and it taking a long time for them to get their funds back. It was TPG.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 10:31 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

If they want to do it, simply get One Vanilla or any other Visa Gift Cards and use them to get MO at Walmart.
Not all WM are happy with debit cards without your name on it. And all goes there.
Precisely. The two WM's around me continually ask to see my debit card and the GC's don't cut it so I usually end up liquidating them by buying VR's anyway. And for those that suggest giving them your MVD and then scanning the GC, mine just go ahead and scan whatever card I give them, so I'm out of luck.

Not every MS technique is for everyone! I understand the constructive criticism and comparison, but there's no need for these boards constantly to be so negative. If something doesn't work for you, move on and continue on your way until you find something worth using and sharing for those like you!
Old Jan 28, 2014, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Damn you FT ruining it for us bloggers!!!!
Damn you bloggers for ruining it for...everyone!
Old Jan 28, 2014, 11:00 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by swintec
Damn you bloggers for ruining it for...everyone!
Damn you all!!!!
Old Jan 28, 2014, 11:06 am

Programs: CO (RIP), US (RIP), Amtrak. Lots of CC programs.
Originally Posted by pier11
Not all WM are happy with debit cards without your name on it.
This is unfortunately true. Experienced this for the first time this week, was told no name = no swipe. Is this a memo or something?
Old Jan 28, 2014, 11:13 am

Programs: UA 1K; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Diamond; CCarlson Elite
Originally Posted by healthnut
....Not every MS technique is for everyone! I understand the constructive criticism and comparison, but there's no need for these boards constantly to be so negative. If something doesn't work for you, move on and continue on your way until you find something worth using and sharing for those like you!
I didn't notice that cowboyguy's post was negative in any way. Might wanna remove the chip. Just sayin'....
Old Jan 28, 2014, 11:29 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by kcblakely
I didn't notice that cowboyguy's post was negative in any way. Might wanna remove the chip. Just sayin'....
Sorry that wasn't directed at that post, just in general. It's been rough around here lately!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.