Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 15, 2014, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Travelz
What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

As of 8/26, Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 15K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- Your account is blocked for the day, try again the next day. Some ppl report being permanently blocked.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall master thread(2014-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2016, 2:20 pm

I wonder which VGC are issued by Sunrise Bank.. I noticed under GCM's T&C they have both Metabank and Sunrise...All the cards I have ordered so far are all Metabank.

Sadly, post office shut down metabank VGCs now.. I am curious if Sunrise got shut down also at the PO.. so figured I would see if I can order a Sunrise one on GCM and try.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by tontod
Have you placed multiple $1k orders within a day or 2 of each other?
Not usually. I order $500 a day. If I skip a day I may order $1000, but not several in a row. I'd like to be able to do $30k a month but don't want to push it.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 9:44 pm

I am getting this error on my card which i am sure is active, anyone else also seeing this ?

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by seahawksunite
I am getting this error on my card which i am sure is active, anyone else also seeing this ?

It's a soft system decline. The security system is rejecting your order at the point of purchase. This is a separate screening process than what goes on later and might result in your order being cancelled after purchase but before fulfillment. I would just wait a while and try again later.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by LearninghowtoMS
I wonder which VGC are issued by Sunrise Bank.. I noticed under GCM's T&C they have both Metabank and Sunrise...All the cards I have ordered so far are all Metabank.

Sadly, post office shut down metabank VGCs now.. I am curious if Sunrise got shut down also at the PO.. so figured I would see if I can order a Sunrise one on GCM and try.
Considering the problem with the Sunnies from GCM was that they didn't have PIN access, I wouldn't imagine they would work at a PO.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by Sandybestdog
Not usually. I order $500 a day. If I skip a day I may order $1000, but not several in a row. I'd like to be able to do $30k a month but don't want to push it.
I thought the limit was 15K every 30days including fees?
Old Oct 17, 2016, 10:21 am

I'm going on two weeks without being able to submit an order with the "Error saving data. Please try again" page.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 7:43 pm

Does anyone know if giftcardmall.com has a monthly limit for the purchases of vgc?
Old Oct 19, 2016, 10:24 am

Programs: All of them, Katie
Originally Posted by missing_link
It's a soft system decline. The security system is rejecting your order at the point of purchase. This is a separate screening process than what goes on later and might result in your order being cancelled after purchase but before fulfillment. I would just wait a while and try again later.
I keep getting this message with one card only. The other cards in my profile including other cards from the same bank work fine and this card has worked a few times in the past. The bank says they're approving the transactions. Is the only resolution to just wait? It's already been weeks since my last order.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by cdog999
I thought the limit was 15K every 30days including fees?
Yes, but where is that stated? I don't see it anywhere.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by Aristophanes80
I keep getting this message with one card only. The other cards in my profile including other cards from the same bank work fine and this card has worked a few times in the past. The bank says they're approving the transactions. Is the only resolution to just wait? It's already been weeks since my last order.
I keep getting this everytime I try to use giftcardmall. I've tried my cards, and I've even tried other family members, with their addresses. I can't figure out what it is causing the decline.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 4:11 pm

i have not been able to sign in to my account at GCM at all lately (for at least past 2 weeks). i think GCM has been blocking me - tried all browsers, cleared all cookies. the webpage will just load and load but then time out.

but when i sign into another account (not mine, to a household member), it works.

i didnt even buy that much compared to folks on this thread - maybe under 8K for this year. but that household member bought less than me

so i think GCM has been having a couple of random issues. not sure it's intentional from their end or not.

regardless, frustrating
Old Oct 21, 2016, 6:43 am

I had trouble signing in myself. It just sat there and did nothing for a long time and then brought up a blank screen. I could log into my wife's account no problem. I cleared the browser cookies and cache and was able to sign in. Not sure if that is the same problem you are having or not.

Originally Posted by gnomey
i have not been able to sign in to my account at GCM at all lately (for at least past 2 weeks). i think GCM has been blocking me - tried all browsers, cleared all cookies. the webpage will just load and load but then time out.

but when i sign into another account (not mine, to a household member), it works.

i didnt even buy that much compared to folks on this thread - maybe under 8K for this year. but that household member bought less than me

so i think GCM has been having a couple of random issues. not sure it's intentional from their end or not.

regardless, frustrating
Old Oct 24, 2016, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by ECCM
Anyone else think that GCM has capped their monthly purchase limit at $1500? I ordered $1500 in Visas last month through a cash back portal and attempted two more orders 3 weeks later and all were canceled in 5 minutes. I then tried at 12:00 midnight on the 31st day since my last successful order for the same amount and it went through. Other data points anyone?
I did two orders last week of 2k each and both through just fine.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by Sandybestdog
Yes, but where is that stated? I don't see it anywhere.
Maybe you could call them and ask and then report back here

I do like GCM since they are slightly cheaper than GC.com (even though they are the same company) and I don't have to annoyingly activate the cards like gc.com. But, the limit makes GCM less useful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.