Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 15, 2014, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Travelz
What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

As of 8/26, Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 15K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- Your account is blocked for the day, try again the next day. Some ppl report being permanently blocked.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall master thread(2014-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:05 pm

Programs: All of them to one degree or another
Originally Posted by machavelia
Do I need to hold on to the Visa Gift Cards I've used in case I need to return anything? How are returns credited if I tossed the used card out?

Also, what is the phone number for customer service? The # on the back of the GCs themselves seem to be 100% automated with no option to speak to a live person. I wanted to ask them the above question.

For anyone wanting to pay southern CA AAA insurance, Visa gift cards are a good way to go because they're recognized as debit cards. Between that and Plastiq I've been able to put 100% of my spending on CCs. (Only worth it for sign up bonuses though if you consider the fees)
If you explain it was a gift card that you no longer have most stores will give you a store credit
Old Aug 23, 2016, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by DeaconY
If you explain it was a gift card that you no longer have most stores will give you a store credit
I would still keep all gift cards just in case. A family member ran into this with an online TJ Maxx order that was cancelled due to lack of stock. They basically said it was impossible to issue a store credit or change the way the credit was issued.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by DeaconY
Originally Posted by rrgg
I would still keep all gift cards just in case. A family member ran into this with an online TJ Maxx order that was cancelled due to lack of stock. They basically said it was impossible to issue a store credit or change the way the credit was issued.
Thanks. I'll hold onto them. Also, does anyone know of a way to check the card balance without using www.giftcardmall.com/gift? The website seems to not be showing transaction history for cards for the last several days.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 8:44 pm

Programs: All of them to one degree or another
Originally Posted by machavelia
Thanks. I'll hold onto them. Also, does anyone know of a way to check the card balance without using www.giftcardmall.com/gift? The website seems to not be showing transaction history for cards for the last several days.
Been down for me too.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 4:37 pm

My most recent order was placed more than two weeks ago and yet I still haven't received it yet.
Previously the longest I have had to wait is 11-12 days, I am getting pretty concerned.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 11:00 am

how to get un banned from gcm? how many ever ids i create or different cards i use....they ban me
Old Aug 30, 2016, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by kingofkingsforu
how to get un banned from gcm? how many ever ids i create or different cards i use....they ban me
What do you have to do to get banned? I do about $10k a month with them and haven't had any problems. I only order $500 or $1000 at a time.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by Sandybestdog
I only order $500 or $1000 at a time.
If you pay ~$10 shipping for one card, that's -2%. Don't see that often on the MS forum.
Or do you order retail GC's that come with free shipping?
Old Aug 30, 2016, 9:25 pm

Its been almost 3 full weeks and I have yet to receive my order.
I called them and they told me to call again next week if I still haven't received my VGCs by then...
Old Aug 30, 2016, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by Sandybestdog
What do you have to do to get banned? I do about $10k a month with them and haven't had any problems. I only order $500 or $1000 at a time.

lucky u. i just placed 1 or 2 orders with them. after that all my orders were getting cancelled
Old Aug 30, 2016, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by MaxVO
If you pay ~$10 shipping for one card, that's -2%. Don't see that often on the MS forum.

GCM provides free shipping. giftcards.com charges 10$ shipping for visa
Old Aug 31, 2016, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by kingofkingsforu
GCM provides free shipping. giftcards.com charges 10$ shipping for visa
It's only $2 per card or slightly bellow $8 if you order 4 or more. The benefit of paying the $8 with giftcards.com is that the cards arrive after 5 days and not 3-5 weeks like with the free shipping option with GCM. And as soon as you order more as $1.5k (or similar) you have to pay for shipping with GCM, too.

Another benefit is that giftcards.com monthly limit is $150k/month (2x $2.5k/day) compared to $15k/month (GCM). And then there is the dreaded "we don't trust you, we will cancel any order in the next 2-3month" issue with GCM.

I suggest to always look at the entire package and not just the fees and also to get familiar with the various fee options.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by MaxVO
I think that you are confusing giftcards.com and giftcardmall. GCM is free shipping. They have a corporate program. I would assume the portals don't work with that.

I tried giftcards.com once. Everything went fine. It's more expensive than GCM but nice to have an alternative.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 10:09 am

I ordered from GCM before, and it tacked on a shipping charge. My order was for the customized VGC's with name & one of their custom pictures.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by ff.volker
It's only $2 per card or slightly bellow $8 if you order 4 or more. The benefit of paying the $8 with giftcards.com is that the cards arrive after 5 days and not 3-5 weeks like with the free shipping option with GCM. And as soon as you order more as $1.5k (or similar) you have to pay for shipping with GCM, too.

Another benefit is that giftcards.com monthly limit is $150k/month (2x $2.5k/day) compared to $15k/month (GCM). And then there is the dreaded "we don't trust you, we will cancel any order in the next 2-3month" issue with GCM.

I suggest to always look at the entire package and not just the fees and also to get familiar with the various fee options.
i agree with u and was just pointing out to the person above who confused between gcm and giftcards.com with shipping.

My main to go buy is giftcards.com , but iam looking for GCM to maximize citi att 3x bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.