Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 15, 2014, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Travelz
What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

As of 8/26, Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 15K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- Your account is blocked for the day, try again the next day. Some ppl report being permanently blocked.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall master thread(2014-2016)

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2016, 11:53 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
At what point in the transaction process can one first see what type of GC they are getting? (MB vs Sunrise)
Old May 23, 2016, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by pointchaser93
At what point in the transaction process can one first see what type of GC they are getting? (MB vs Sunrise)
The earliest I've been able to learn is when they're received. I once called multiple times after placing an order, calling both before and after they were shipped. I was told they would be Meta Bank, but they were Sunrise.

There have been no recent reports of Sunrise, all Meta. There have been lots of reports of orders being cancelled.
Old May 23, 2016, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by statesmokes409
What must one do to get an order approved with GCM? They always deny for security screening process. Is using one's own name the red flag that they deny for?
My most recent order was cancelled due to the screening process. I have attempted to place additional orders with varying card amounts and quantities and used different payment methods and always get the same error message that the transaction cannot be processed. I called gcm and they said everything looks good on their end and I have reattempted the transaction, with them while still on the phone, without success. They said to ch3ck with my credit card company.Those credit cards worked elsewhere, so who knows what is causing the problem.
Old May 24, 2016, 8:03 pm

Programs: Chase UR, Amex MR, UA Mileageplus, Aadvantage
Do all the card designs have "GIFT" printed under the recipient name? I live in NorCal and the WM nearest to me asks to see the card for BP/MO.
Old May 24, 2016, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by weirdwanderer
Do all the card designs have "GIFT" printed under the recipient name? I live in NorCal and the WM nearest to me asks to see the card for BP/MO.
It's printed in the upper-right corner on the front.
Old May 24, 2016, 10:02 pm

Fwiw, the candy cane design didn't say gift last time i ordered on the backdoor site. Still looks fake as hell though.
Old May 25, 2016, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by missing_link
Fwiw, the candy cane design didn't say gift last time i ordered on the backdoor site. Still looks fake as hell though.

What's the backdoor site?
Old May 26, 2016, 11:13 pm

I'm not sure about the rules on posting links to blogs, so I'll just tell you to Google search for giftcardmall and backdoor.
Old May 28, 2016, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by stuntgoats
My most recent order was cancelled due to the screening process. I have attempted to place additional orders with varying card amounts and quantities and used different payment methods and always get the same error message that the transaction cannot be processed. I called gcm and they said everything looks good on their end and I have reattempted the transaction, with them while still on the phone, without success. They said to ch3ck with my credit card company.Those credit cards worked elsewhere, so who knows what is causing the problem.
Had exactly the same issue and the credit card company(ies) Amex/Chase told they didn't see any transaction go through the card. So it should be something to do with GCM but they are not resolving it or not letting us know what it is..
Old May 30, 2016, 7:54 pm

Programs: Ugly breakups with Barclays/Citi/Chase/USB
I cheezed up an order to make it look legit. Still fails the security screening. GCM needs to get their heads out of their asses.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by missing_link
You're right. I tried buying an MO at WM here in NorCal using the GC with the candy cane design, which didn't say GIFT and had my name on it. The woman who was helping me didn't even check, but the man next to her took a quick glance at my card from at least two feet away and told her that WM doesn't accept reloadable cards. He didn't even ask to see it, and it never left my hand. I said it wasn't reloadable, but then the woman said, oh I think he means that it has to say the name of the bank on it, like Wells Fargo or Bank of America.

I might try a farther WM, but yeah, this probably won't work.

Last edited by weirdwanderer; Jun 1, 2016 at 7:51 pm Reason: Added info
Old Jun 1, 2016, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by statesmokes409
I cheezed up an order to make it look legit. Still fails the security screening. GCM needs to get their heads out of their asses.
I created a new account and tried to use the same credit cards as before and I still got the error message.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 10:19 pm

SUCCESS!! I went to a WM two cities over, fell in line at the Money Center (no more Kates in NorCal. ) and I was lucky I got the younger of the two women CSRs. After asking to buy a money order, I immediately laid down the candy cane design GC with my name on it AND my driver's license so she could see the names were the same. I paid for the $.70 in coins, swiped the GC, and voila! Money order.

This is the first time I showed my driver's license and GC together, so that probably was a big factor in succeeding, along with the fact that the CSR was a young woman.

That said, I won't be ordering the candy cane design next, since it's been turned down at the nearer WMs. I'll try a custom design with my photo on it and see if that works better.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 10:25 pm

SUCCESS!! I went to a WM two cities over, fell in line at the Money Center (no more Kates in NorCal. ) and I was lucky I got the younger of the two women CSRs. After asking to buy a money order, I immediately laid down the candy cane design GC with my name on it AND my driver's license so she could see the names were the same. I paid for the $.70 in coins, swiped the GC, and voila! Money order.

This is the first time I showed my driver's license and GC together, so that probably was a big factor in succeeding, along with the fact that the CSR was a young woman.

That said, I won't be ordering the candy cane design next, since it's been turned down at the nearer WMs. I'll try a custom design with my photo on it and see if that works better.
There isn't any need to show them your cards before they ask to see them... At least that's never helped me. If they want to see your stuff they'll ask to see your stuff. More than likely you just got lucky with a cashier who doesn't care.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 10:46 pm

which WM? I doubt it's the WM on Story. You didn't do split payment right?

I got custom design GCs coming. *crossing my fingers it will work*

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.