Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 15, 2014, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Travelz
What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

As of 8/26, Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 15K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- Your account is blocked for the day, try again the next day. Some ppl report being permanently blocked.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall master thread(2014-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2014, 12:18 pm

Programs: IHG Plat
Originally Posted by groundhog
Is it safe to use Citi AA Executive card for GCM?
GCM wont rip you off
Old Feb 15, 2014, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyingBoat
I bought Choice e gift cards so I could get even amount on Visa cards. I am not expecting cash back for the Choice card.

Conditions say the following, but perhaps they were changed since op posted?

Following Gift Cards are Excluded from cash back.

Hess Gasoline
Gulf
Arco
BP
Best Buy
Safeway
Target Physical
Target eGift
Macerich Visa
Choice Card

Edit just checked my Cashback account and it does show the Choice charges I made as pending, so maybe they go through anyway.

They just added that Choice card language in the last day or so. I don't remember seeing it before last week.

Usually for your first handful of GCM order they will call you to verify the order or send you an email asking you to call them. They just want to verify its you that placed the order and the amount that you ordered. After you build up a history, they will stop.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by indelible
GCM wont rip you off
I meant - will Citi AA Executive charge me cash advance fee?
Old Feb 15, 2014, 1:56 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
They probably will. Citi has been reported to charge cash advance fees for buying cash-equivalents such as gift cards.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 1:32 pm

Programs: IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jake66
They probably will. Citi has been reported to charge cash advance fees for buying cash-equivalents such as gift cards.
no, they probably wont as GCM is not a financial institution
Old Mar 2, 2014, 9:35 pm

Programs: DL DM-1MM HH Diamond
I can no longer find the choice card.

Is it gone, or am I doing something wrong?
Old Mar 8, 2014, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingBoat
I wanted to ask here, has anyone had problems ordering large amounts of VISA GC from GCM? I had a $3K order which went through fine.

The next day I tried to do two $3K orders and two Choice card orders to cover future shipping/activation fees. I got, then what looks like a SAR report request from GCM. It said something about Know Your Customer, and Patriot Act.

I filled out the info and sent it in. Later that day one of my $3K and one Choice orders went through to shipping.

Two days later neither the next $3K or Choice order have gone through. (Still say unshipped.)

I planned to put a lot of orders through GCM. Is this not possible? If $6K spooks them then it could be difficult to put $10's of K through.

Just checking others experience on if large ordering is OK with GCM? Any idea of the threshold? PM back if you would prefer. Thanks.
Once you responded to their informational requests, were you able to proceed with your planned purchases?
Old Mar 9, 2014, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by 2B or back in coach
I can no longer find the choice card.

Is it gone, or am I doing something wrong?
I bought the choice card 2 weeks ago, can no longer find the card, it looks like they pulled the card from the GCM website.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by Roka
Once you responded to their informational requests, were you able to proceed with your planned purchases?
Same issue here but after filling out form, got gc in about four days
Old Mar 11, 2014, 12:35 am

Programs: Arrival Points, M-Life, Hyatt, ULTIMATE REWARDS, AA, UAL, SOUTHWEST
Season your account with GCM

Originally Posted by farwest101
Are these your first orders with GCM? If so, you can't just go from 0 to 100 and need to season your account.

The online gc retailers are few so treat them gently - to me, are almost as important as the better CC offerors. So take a few months to ramp up - sudden flurry of buying will surely cause risk folks to take a jaundiced view of your custom.
+1

After about 10 months of working with GCM, I feel confident that GCM will accept most of my orders.
***But we must continue seeking multiple outlets of MS.

****Enjoy finding treasures in your MS hunt.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 11:29 am

I called GCM about the Choice e-gift cards. Apparently because of fraud issues, they have been temporarily taken down. CSR said she didn't know when they would be back, but hopefully soon and to keep checking weekly.

I like buying the Choice GC, because the Fat Wallet site gives 1% CB. Topcashback is so unreliable, I have not had much success getting their links to report CB.

Fat wallet is amazing, the CB did not show from GCM, but I lodged a claim and within an hour, they reported cashback.^
Old Mar 29, 2014, 8:57 am

Programs: United Premier Gold, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by msnut1
I called GCM about the Choice e-gift cards. Apparently because of fraud issues, they have been temporarily taken down. CSR said she didn't know when they would be back, but hopefully soon and to keep checking weekly.

I like buying the Choice GC, because the Fat Wallet site gives 1% CB. Topcashback is so unreliable, I have not had much success getting their links to report CB.

Fat wallet is amazing, the CB did not show from GCM, but I lodged a claim and within an hour, they reported cashback.^
I just checked Fat Wallet's site and Visa GC are excluded.

= 1.0% Cash Back Available! when you see the cash back symbol.
(Using coupons without FatWallet's Cash Back symbol may void Cash Back)
Restrictions for Use
Cash Back not available on VISA gift cards.
Cash Back not available on Safeway, Hess Gasoline, Gulf, Arco, Bp and Best Buy.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 9:15 am

Programs: United Premier Gold, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by leftpinky
cashbackhouse offers 1%. isnt topcashback 0.5%? better to buy AMEX GC at 2% then use them to buy visa at GCM. 3% cash back minus 1.6% in fees.
Can you use multiple Amex GCs at giftcardmall to purchase Visa GCs? Do they accept split tender transactions?
Old Mar 29, 2014, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by vaflyer888
I just checked Fat Wallet's site and Visa GC are excluded.

= 1.0% Cash Back Available! when you see the cash back symbol.
(Using coupons without FatWallet's Cash Back symbol may void Cash Back)
Restrictions for Use
Cash Back not available on VISA gift cards.
Cash Back not available on Safeway, Hess Gasoline, Gulf, Arco, Bp and Best Buy.
Visa GC are excluded, but choice e-gift cards are not. You can buy upto $250 of choice GC, get 1% FW CB and then use the e-gift card to buy the Visa GC.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 9:56 am

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA
Yes its safe. I dont do it often but still do it. GCM is fine shows up as purchase. However, if you are scared then contact Citi and ask them to set your Cash Advance limit to $0. contacting them via SM is best for this

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.