FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   T-Mobile Visa Prepaid - Bluebird Competitor for MS! (May not load w/CC) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1544106-t-mobile-visa-prepaid-bluebird-competitor-ms-may-not-load-w-cc.html)

mmarcuse Jan 21, 2014 11:49 pm

T-Mobile Visa Prepaid - Bluebird Competitor for MS! (May not load w/CC)

This is awesome, was announced today -

https://t-mobilemoneyservices.com/

The quick points -

Load by buying a reload pack over $300 at a T-Mobile retailer (using CC) to get no fees to load and cash out with no fees via ATM. This might actually give Bluebird a MS run for its money!

I think things just got good with this one, folks.

Edit: Looks like the no monthly fees and free reloads are dependent on being a T-Mobile customer. If you're not, this might not work well for you.

Edit 2: Reports are that at a Tmo store they'll only accept cash for the reload pack. Might not be great. Safeway is coming as a future option, maybe they'll offer CC reloads. Keep the thread alive and let's get creative, hopefully this pans out.

Arbitrage650 Jan 22, 2014 12:03 am

Looks promising, where did you see that you could load with a cc in store?

Looks like there's a 2,500 daily load limit, but no mention of a monthly limit.

coolblues Jan 22, 2014 12:05 am

sweet... Just ordered one.

mmarcuse Jan 22, 2014 12:07 am

Originally Posted by Arbitrage650 (Post 22199239)
Looks promising, where did you see that you could load with a cc in store?

Looks like there's a 2,500 daily load limit, but no mention of a monthly limit.

Fair enough - I'm assuming CC in store. They mention a reload pack, which I assume is like a Vanilla reload card. Maybe we need verification on that, though. The website is a little vague, from the FAQ's -

How do I load money to my T-Mobile Card?
The BEST way to have money loaded to your T-Mobile Card Account is through direct deposit. With direct deposit, you can have all or part of your pay, dividend, disability, and government checks (Social Security, tax refund, welfare, etc.) sent directly to your T-Mobile Card Account. There's no fee for loading your Card Account via direct deposit. You can also load your personalized card by purchasing a Reloadit Pack at thousands of participating retailers or at any Visa ReadyLink reload location. Load fees and limits vary by retailer. Click here to find a retail location near you.

babehwa Jan 22, 2014 12:09 am

T-Mobile Visa Prepaid - Bluebird Competitor for MS! $0 fees to reload w/CC!

This will be interesting if CC load is allowed...then my Ink will have another place to MS!

coolblues Jan 22, 2014 12:13 am

Originally Posted by babehwa (Post 22199261)
This will be interesting if CC load is allowed...then my Ink will have another place to MS!

that's the exact thought I had while ordering.... :cool:

mmarcuse Jan 22, 2014 12:19 am

I didn't even think of that (it's late). So T-Mobile stores are a 5x category on Ink?

maksimfa Jan 22, 2014 12:25 am

Subscribed... and ordered my card. Will see if I order one for each family member.

Paying Third Party Bills

You may pay a wide variety of bills online using your Card Account. To do so, you must first register for the bill pay service by visiting my.t-mobile.com/moneyservices. As part of your registration, you will be asked to agree electronically to the terms and conditions of the service. You can view the terms and conditions for the bill pay service at my.t-mobile.com/moneyservices.

Has bill pay, woot....

but look at the fees

Purchase/Maintenance Fees:

Retail Purchase Fee: $4.00 No charge for T-Mobile Wireless Subscribers at Participating T-Mobile Stores (see explanation below)
Monthly Maintenance Fee: $5.00 per month (see explanation below)
Value Load/Reload Fees:
Retail: $3.00-$3.95 (see explanation below)
Direct Deposit: No charge
Visa ReadyLink: Varies by retailer
Remote Check Deposit – Standard Availability No charge
Remote Check Deposit – Expedited Availability 1% of face value of check for payroll or government checks; otherwise, 4% of face value of check
Transaction Fees:
POS PIN Transaction: No charge
POS Signature Transaction: No charge
ATM Fees:
Domestic ATM Withdrawal Fee: No charge at in-network ATMs. $2.00 per transaction elsewhere (see explanation below)
Domestic ATM Balance Inquiry Fee: $0.50 per transaction No charge for T-Mobile Wireless subscribers (see explanation below)
International ATM Withdrawal Fee: $4.00 per transaction. No charge for T-Mobile Wireless subscribers (see explanation below)
International ATM Balance Inquiry Fee: $1.00 per transaction. No charge for T-Mobile Wireless subscribers (see explanation below)
In addition, when you use an out-of-network ATM for any transaction, including a balance inquiry, you may be charged a fee by the ATM operator even if you do not complete a withdrawal. This ATM fee is a third party fee amount assessed by the individual ATM operator only and is not assessed by us. This ATM fee amount will be charged to your Card.
Service Fees:
Foreign Transaction Fee: 2.0% of the amount of the Foreign Transaction
Teller Cash Advance: $2.00 per transaction
Card to Card Transactions: No charge
Customer Service: No charge
Reissue Card: No charge
Lost/Stolen Replacement Card: $6.00 per request. No charge for T-Mobile Wireless subscribers (see explanation below)
Secondary Card Issuance Fee: $5.00 per request. No charge for T-Mobile Wireless subscribers (see explanation below)
Express Card Shipping Fee: $25.00 per request
Check Request Fee: $5.95 per request (charged if your Card Account is closed and a check is issued for the remaining balance) No charge for T-Mobile Wireless subscribers (see explanation below)
Bill Payment Fee – Electronic/Paper Check: No charge
Bill Payment Fee – Expedited: $10.00 per transaction
Fee for Written Account History: $3.00 per request

maksimfa Jan 22, 2014 12:29 am

Retail Purchase Fee: T-Mobile Wireless subscribers will not be charged a Retail Purchase fee if they purchase their Card at a participating T-Mobile store. T-Mobile Wireless subscribers who purchase their Card elsewhere will receive a credit to their Card Account equal to the purchase fee they paid for their Card within 30 days after they register their Card Account and provide their T-Mobile wireless phone number.

Monthly Maintenance Fee: We will not charge a Monthly Maintenance Fee in the first Cycle. After that, we will charge the Monthly Maintenance Fee on the first day of each Cycle. However, we will not charge a Monthly Maintenance Fee in a Cycle if, during the preceding Cycle: (i) you value reloaded and/or direct deposited a total of $500.00 or more to your Card Account or

(ii) you are a T-Mobile Wireless subscriber and you provide your T-Mobile Wireless phone number when you register your Card Account. Your first “Cycle” begins on the day you make the initial value load to your Card Account. Each subsequent cycle begins on the same date of the next month. As an example, if you make the first value load on March 15, then your first Cycle will begin on March 15 and end on April 14; your next Cycle will begin on April 15 and end on May 14; and so forth.

Value Reload Fee: Each time you value reload $300.00 or more to your Card Account in a single transaction, you will receive a credit for any fee you paid. If you are a T-Mobile Wireless Customer and value reload your Card Account at a participating

T-Mobile Wireless location, you will receive a refund at the register (and will pay no fee for your value reload). If you value reload your Card Account for $300.00 or more via another method, we will issue a credit to your Card Account in the amount of the fee
you paid. Please note: Value reloads made from Reloadit Packs that have been placed in the Program Manager’s Reloadit “Safe” are not eligible for any fee credit.
So a few fees... but seems fee free for Tmobile customers, which I am glad I have 5 lines with.

Seems the reload packs are not fee free...

Question is, how will they let us reload it at the tmobile stores.

This is a Bancorp issued product.

f0xx Jan 22, 2014 12:31 am

I might bite. But hmm... Monthly fee.

Monthly Maintenance Fee: We will not charge a Monthly Maintenance Fee in the first Cycle. After that, we will charge the Monthly Maintenance Fee on the first day of each Cycle. However, we will not charge a Monthly Maintenance Fee in a Cycle if, during the preceding Cycle: (i) you value reloaded and/or direct deposited a total of $500.00 or more to your Card Account or (ii) you are a T‑Mobile Wireless subscriber and you provide your T‑Mobile Wireless phone number when you register your Card Account. Your first “Cycle” begins on the day you make the initial value load to your Card Account. Each subsequent cycle begins on the same date of the next month. As an example, if you make the first value load on March 15, then your first Cycle will begin on March 15 and end on April 14; your next Cycle will begin on April 15 and end on May 14; and so forth.

flyertalk77 Jan 22, 2014 12:56 am

https://t-mobilemoneyservices.com/NeedHelp/Fees

Monthly Maintenance Fee
T-Mobile Wireless Customer
$0

Standard (Non-Wireless Customer)
$5.00 per month
Waived for cardholders who load $500 or more on the Card during the preceding monthly billing cycle

None of us should have a problem meeting that requirement if loading is cheap or free.

jjangoo Jan 22, 2014 1:12 am

It's not asking for my SSN. I'm guessing no hard pull?

Edit- nvm it does ask for SSN. Anyone know if it does a hard pull? Can't really afford anymore at the moment.

xiKiNGix Jan 22, 2014 1:21 am

REloadit Packs are located at grocery stores-Vons/Safeway and Alberstons-in SoCal.

hitman1420 Jan 22, 2014 1:28 am

Originally Posted by flyertalk77 (Post 22199382)
https://t-mobilemoneyservices.com/NeedHelp/Fees

Monthly Maintenance Fee
T-Mobile Wireless Customer
$0

Standard (Non-Wireless Customer)
$5.00 per month
Waived for cardholders who load $500 or more on the Card during the preceding monthly billing cycle

None of us should have a problem meeting that requirement if loading is cheap or free.

Good find, looking around for loading fees is not easy here.

Whoops, NVM, ReLoadits can be used and the TMobile reload does not have a price I can see just yet...

flyertalker9867674 Jan 22, 2014 1:29 am

Dammit, was just coming to post this. I was all excited for something that the community can quickly ruin.