Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

T-Mobile Visa Prepaid - Bluebird Competitor for MS! (May not load w/CC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2014, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: XP1
Warning: The T-M website contains an apparent Bill Pay function. Attempting to use it to pay credit card bills, or probably any significant $ amount bills of any sort, will get your account frozen. Ditto large scale ATM or MO withdrawals. The one method of unloading likely to keep you under the radar is small scale WM BP. Also likely to get you shut down, according to consensus reports, is running much more than $5K a month thru your account. You ignore this advice at your own risk.

SUMMARY

1. FAQ's
2. Free to use for TMo customers.
3. Issued by Bancorp
4. Load at T-mobile store (Registers are HARD CODED not to accept anything other than cash.)
5. or Reloadit, (find a grocery store that sold reloadit cards with a cc)

List Stores hard coded for cash or Credit Card accepted
T-Mobile (cash only)
Home Depot (cash only, hard coded)
Harris Teeter - Bought with CC on 2/16/14, hard coded denied CC on 5 APR 2014
Winn-Dixie - Hard coded for cash (debit may work, untested) as of Oct-2015
Meijer (Cash/Debit including VGC)
Giant Eagle/GetGo (Cash, Debit including VGC )
Safeways/Vons/Pavilions in California - most only Cash
Food Lion - Manager override now required. Many stores cash or bank debit only, but registers are not hard coded.
Save-A-Lot: Hard coded cash only
BigY: At least some stores have gone cash only as of 1/8
Acme in PA: Hard-coded cash only (Source)

Note on ReloadIt Cards
These come in two main flavors, up to $500, and up to $950 (there are ones that go up to $50, too). Both are $3.95 load fee. The older grey cards, have CASH ONLY on them. Even if the cash register is coded to accept it, many cashiers will be hesitant to even try, or get shut down by manager.
The maximum value reload will be $2,500.00. There is no maximum number of times you may value reload your Card Account per day; however, the maximum dollar amount of value reloads you may make to your Card Account in one day is $2,500.00. We will accept direct deposits larger than $2,500.00, but any direct deposit value reloaded to your Card Account will count against the $2,500.00 daily limit.
Value Reload Fee: Each time you value reload $300.00 or more to your Card Account in a single transaction, you will receive a credit for any fee you paid. If you are a T-Mobile Wireless Customer and value reload your Card Account at a participating T-Mobile Wireless location, you will receive a refund at the register (and will pay no fee for your value reload). If you value reload your Card Account for $300.00 or more via another method, we will issue a credit to your Card Account in the amount of the fee you paid.

In practice, a ReloadIt >= $300 loaded via the safe will receive credit for the fee. However, the terms formally state "Please note: Value reloads made from Reloadit Packs that have been placed in the Program Manager’s Reloadit `Safe' are not eligible for any fee credit." so this is not guaranteed.

The Limits:
Daily limit: $2500 during a rolling 24 hour period
Monthly limit: ?
Annual Limit: ?
Max Bill Pay (per transaction): = $5000 (tested March 6th, can do 'at least' a second for the same amount to the same payee momment later).
Daily ATM limit: $500 (rolling 24 hr rather than calendar day)

Total monthly bill pay limit: ?
The maximum value of your Card Account is restricted to $10,000.00

T-Mobile Prepaid Customer Service Email: [email protected]

If you need to escalate to the FDIC, Bancorp's registered FDIC# is 35444.
If you want to try to open an FDIC complaint or investigation you can send one in electronically at
http://www2.fdic.gov/IDASP/DIRSInfoRequest.asp

Alternative FDIC link to file complaint
https://www2.fdic.gov/starsmail/index.asp

FAQ
  • My fee did not get refunded. Has there been a policy change? ReloadIt Fees are processed overnight and could take 24 hours after you reload the card. As of 9/2015, ReloadIt cards added to the safe prior to loading on T-Mobile will still get the $3.95 refunded.
  • What is a safe transaction amount? There is no definite safe or unsafe amount. However, starting the last week of Jul 2015, people have been reporting the account frozen after transactions larger than $1K.
  • Can I use the BP Feature? It works well for some people. Many have reported getting shutdown after using it. A few have reported having the payments lost. Like all MS activity, use at your own risk.
  • Should I mix in some regular spending to make it look like this is my primary card? If it makes you feel better, go for it. However people who do this still get shutdown.
  • I can't log in. Did I get shutdown? Possibly. But more likely the website is having technical issues. Call in, o try to make a swipe purchase and test it out.
  • If I pay my taxes with this card, will I get shutdown? Large purchase raise red flags. Taxes are no different and there are reports of people being shut down for doing this.
  • What is a T-Mobile wireless customer? A qualifying T-Mobile wireless customer can be either a postpaid or prepaid customer. Source: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24790705-post3703.html
Print Wikipost

T-Mobile Visa Prepaid - Bluebird Competitor for MS! (May not load w/CC)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2015, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by bigugly
They block the older versions from logging on.
That's stupid, but thanks for informing me.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 7:32 am

Anyone else unable to log in this morning to their T-Mobile account? I get a "Error occured during your request. Please contact customer service." error. Similar error when trying the app, "An error has occurred, please try again. If the problem persists, please contact customer service at 1 (866) 306-9636.

Also, per a pop up that shows up before you log in, it seems their telephone system is down, too. Perhaps related?
Old Jul 2, 2015, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by danpeake
Anyone else unable to log in this morning to their T-Mobile account? I get a "Error occured during your request. Please contact customer service." error. Similar error when trying the app, "An error has occurred, please try again. If the problem persists, please contact customer service at 1 (866) 306-9636.

Also, per a pop up that shows up before you log in, it seems their telephone system is down, too. Perhaps related?
I'm not able to log in either (via the website or the Android app). I gave the number a call (using my registered phone number), and it immediately told me that the system is undergoing maintenance and that no one will be able to assist at this time before it hung up. I guess it really is a maintenance issue (maybe related to the horrible Reloadit safe situation earlier since it's the same company, but who knows).
Old Jul 2, 2015, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by Phantom707
I'm not able to log in either (via the website or the Android app). I gave the number a call (using my registered phone number), and it immediately told me that the system is undergoing maintenance and that no one will be able to assist at this time before it hung up. I guess it really is a maintenance issue (maybe related to the horrible Reloadit safe situation earlier since it's the same company, but who knows).
Okay, thanks. Glad to know it's not just me.

I wonder if the cards themselves work. I have one more ATM pull this month that I'd like to make. Guess I'll find out later!
Old Jul 2, 2015, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by danpeake
Okay, thanks. Glad to know it's not just me.

I wonder if the cards themselves work. I have one more ATM pull this month that I'd like to make. Guess I'll find out later!
The site and app are back up for me. I'm currently not able to load a Reloadit, though, even though I did one a few hours ago.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by Phantom707
The site and app are back up for me. I'm currently not able to load a Reloadit, though, even though I did one a few hours ago.
Works for me, too. Thanks for letting me know!
Old Jul 2, 2015, 10:47 am

My billpament is not working. Anyone experienced the same?
Old Jul 3, 2015, 3:18 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Thought I Had a Problem, But I Didn't

Last evening I tried to load a pack to the Safe. It indicated it didn't go thru, and I foolishly believed the site when it said to "try again".

When I did try to load it again, I got the wonderful message "invalid pack". Ok, some sort of glitch, I'll try again this morning. This morning I got the same "invalid pack" message.

When I calmed down, it occurred to me to check my Safe. The failed load last night didn't fail at all, it went thru to the Safe. Hence my now emptied pack was in fact "invalid".

I think the lesson here is obvious....
Old Jul 4, 2015, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by Brugge
PM sent.
Sorry, could you also PM me how to use this card? Is it possible somehow to use it (indirectly) for rent payment where they take e-Check? Unfortunately it's quite a lot /month. I don't have a WM nearby, and Redbird seems not to be available in CA.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by Utazo
Sorry, could you also PM me how to use this card? Is it possible somehow to use it (indirectly) for rent payment where they take e-Check? Unfortunately it's quite a lot /month. I don't have a WM nearby, and Redbird seems not to be available in CA.
Sent....
Old Jul 5, 2015, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by Utazo
could you also PM me how to use this card? .
I've posted this over and over on this thread, but that was a while ago, and new people who haven't seen those posts keep PMing me about how to do it. This is what I've been sending to them:

Buy Reloadit cards at a grocery store with a cc. Good luck finding a store that will let you do that. A few Safeway and Giant Foods stores still allow that, but not many. I buy $495.00 per card, since $500 or above at Safeway requires a managers approval. Some stores now have RL cards that say "cash only", but a cashier may still allow you to buy them with a cc, or may not even notice. YMMV

You will also have to sign up for a Reloadit Safe on the Reloadit site. You load the card into the Safe, then transfer the money into your T-M account. If you have more than one T-M card, or your SO also has one, set up separate safes. It uses a cookie to identify you, so each safe has to be tied to a different email address, on a different computer. I use my PC for my wife's safe, and my laptop for mine.

https://www.reloadit.com/

You have to wait several hours after buying the card to be able to transfer the money from the safe to T-M. You can load it to the safe very quuickly, but the transfer to T-M takes a little longer. If you get a message about "temporary problems", you are trying to load it too soon.

Twice a month take your card to WM, and do a BP to a single CC of up to @$2,450.00. Wait at least 2 weeks and do that again. So only two single payments a month, totaling less than $5K.

Always leave some money on your card between payments. I leave $500, but I don't know if it needs to be that much or not.

Do not use the T-M BP for any sizeable payment. Taking $ out for MOs is riskier than WM BP

Some WM stores can no longer find a way to pay Visa and MC in their system. It's on a store by store basis, you just have to try it and see where it works.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 10:31 pm

Do we need the safe?

Last year I was doing it without safe.
Cc>reload It>tmo

Does that not work anymore?
It's been 10months I didn't try. Trying to get back into MS now

Originally Posted by Brugge
I've posted this over and over on this thread, but that was a while ago, and new people who haven't seen those posts keep PMing me about how to do it. This is what I've been sending to them:

Buy Reloadit cards at a grocery store with a cc. Good luck finding a store that will let you do that. A few Safeway and Giant Foods stores still allow that, but not many. I buy $495.00 per card, since $500 or above at Safeway requires a managers approval. Some stores now have RL cards that say "cash only", but a cashier may still allow you to buy them with a cc, or may not even notice. YMMV

You will also have to sign up for a Reloadit Safe on the Reloadit site. You load the card into the Safe, then transfer the money into your T-M account. If you have more than one T-M card, or your SO also has one, set up separate safes. It uses a cookie to identify you, so each safe has to be tied to a different email address, on a different computer. I use my PC for my wife's safe, and my laptop for mine.

https://www.reloadit.com/

You have to wait several hours after buying the card to be able to transfer the money from the safe to T-M. You can load it to the safe very quuickly, but the transfer to T-M takes a little longer. If you get a message about "temporary problems", you are trying to load it too soon.

Twice a month take your card to WM, and do a BP to a single CC of up to @$2,450.00. Wait at least 2 weeks and do that again. So only two single payments a month, totaling less than $5K.

Always leave some money on your card between payments. I leave $500, but I don't know if it needs to be that much or not.

Do not use the T-M BP for any sizeable payment. Taking $ out for MOs is riskier than WM BP

Some WM stores can no longer find a way to pay Visa and MC in their system. It's on a store by store basis, you just have to try it and see where it works.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by switchyj
Do we need the safe?

Cc>reload It>tmo

remember why u didn't try.....
Old Jul 9, 2015, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by prasha11
remember why u didn't try.....
I'm sorry I don't understand. You're saying I should try and it might magically work?
Old Jul 9, 2015, 7:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by switchyj
Do we need the safe?

Cc>reload It>tmo

Yes it's required now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.