Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

T-Mobile Visa Prepaid - Bluebird Competitor for MS! (May not load w/CC)

Old Jan 22, 2014, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: XP1
Warning: The T-M website contains an apparent Bill Pay function. Attempting to use it to pay credit card bills, or probably any significant $ amount bills of any sort, will get your account frozen. Ditto large scale ATM or MO withdrawals. The one method of unloading likely to keep you under the radar is small scale WM BP. Also likely to get you shut down, according to consensus reports, is running much more than $5K a month thru your account. You ignore this advice at your own risk.

SUMMARY

1. FAQ's
2. Free to use for TMo customers.
3. Issued by Bancorp
4. Load at T-mobile store (Registers are HARD CODED not to accept anything other than cash.)
5. or Reloadit, (find a grocery store that sold reloadit cards with a cc)

List Stores hard coded for cash or Credit Card accepted
T-Mobile (cash only)
Home Depot (cash only, hard coded)
Harris Teeter - Bought with CC on 2/16/14, hard coded denied CC on 5 APR 2014
Winn-Dixie - Hard coded for cash (debit may work, untested) as of Oct-2015
Meijer (Cash/Debit including VGC)
Giant Eagle/GetGo (Cash, Debit including VGC )
Safeways/Vons/Pavilions in California - most only Cash
Food Lion - Manager override now required. Many stores cash or bank debit only, but registers are not hard coded.
Save-A-Lot: Hard coded cash only
BigY: At least some stores have gone cash only as of 1/8
Acme in PA: Hard-coded cash only (Source)

Note on ReloadIt Cards
These come in two main flavors, up to $500, and up to $950 (there are ones that go up to $50, too). Both are $3.95 load fee. The older grey cards, have CASH ONLY on them. Even if the cash register is coded to accept it, many cashiers will be hesitant to even try, or get shut down by manager.
The maximum value reload will be $2,500.00. There is no maximum number of times you may value reload your Card Account per day; however, the maximum dollar amount of value reloads you may make to your Card Account in one day is $2,500.00. We will accept direct deposits larger than $2,500.00, but any direct deposit value reloaded to your Card Account will count against the $2,500.00 daily limit.
Value Reload Fee: Each time you value reload $300.00 or more to your Card Account in a single transaction, you will receive a credit for any fee you paid. If you are a T-Mobile Wireless Customer and value reload your Card Account at a participating T-Mobile Wireless location, you will receive a refund at the register (and will pay no fee for your value reload). If you value reload your Card Account for $300.00 or more via another method, we will issue a credit to your Card Account in the amount of the fee you paid.

In practice, a ReloadIt >= $300 loaded via the safe will receive credit for the fee. However, the terms formally state "Please note: Value reloads made from Reloadit Packs that have been placed in the Program Manager’s Reloadit `Safe' are not eligible for any fee credit." so this is not guaranteed.

The Limits:
Daily limit: $2500 during a rolling 24 hour period
Monthly limit: ?
Annual Limit: ?
Max Bill Pay (per transaction): = $5000 (tested March 6th, can do 'at least' a second for the same amount to the same payee momment later).
Daily ATM limit: $500 (rolling 24 hr rather than calendar day)

Total monthly bill pay limit: ?
The maximum value of your Card Account is restricted to $10,000.00

T-Mobile Prepaid Customer Service Email: [email protected]

If you need to escalate to the FDIC, Bancorp's registered FDIC# is 35444.
If you want to try to open an FDIC complaint or investigation you can send one in electronically at
http://www2.fdic.gov/IDASP/DIRSInfoRequest.asp

Alternative FDIC link to file complaint
https://www2.fdic.gov/starsmail/index.asp

FAQ
  • My fee did not get refunded. Has there been a policy change? ReloadIt Fees are processed overnight and could take 24 hours after you reload the card. As of 9/2015, ReloadIt cards added to the safe prior to loading on T-Mobile will still get the $3.95 refunded.
  • What is a safe transaction amount? There is no definite safe or unsafe amount. However, starting the last week of Jul 2015, people have been reporting the account frozen after transactions larger than $1K.
  • Can I use the BP Feature? It works well for some people. Many have reported getting shutdown after using it. A few have reported having the payments lost. Like all MS activity, use at your own risk.
  • Should I mix in some regular spending to make it look like this is my primary card? If it makes you feel better, go for it. However people who do this still get shutdown.
  • I can't log in. Did I get shutdown? Possibly. But more likely the website is having technical issues. Call in, o try to make a swipe purchase and test it out.
  • If I pay my taxes with this card, will I get shutdown? Large purchase raise red flags. Taxes are no different and there are reports of people being shut down for doing this.
  • What is a T-Mobile wireless customer? A qualifying T-Mobile wireless customer can be either a postpaid or prepaid customer. Source: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24790705-post3703.html
Print Wikipost

T-Mobile Visa Prepaid - Bluebird Competitor for MS! (May not load w/CC)

Old May 14, 2015, 12:15 pm

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Did anyone else get the email survey from T-Mo & Lenati this morning? It says if you're selected to participate in the in-depth 30 min survey they'll add $150 to your T-mo card. I didn't get it on my card, but my mom got it on hers.

ETA - I use my mom's card a few times a month for "normal" purchases, but I never do with my own card....only bp.
Old May 14, 2015, 2:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, SPG Gold, UA Silver ,AA &Southwest
Originally Posted by mrstraveler
I was thinking about taking my TM card to Target as well to liquidate since the bill pay issue still isn't resolved....I'm curious to hear what others are doing.
Did any one got a chance to unload at Target Redbird using this Card ??
Old May 14, 2015, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by janaganamana
Did any one got a chance to unload at Target Redbird using this Card ??
I've done it both pre and post 5/6. No issues on the Target end. I've never done large amounts, so I can't say how Bancorp Bank/T-mo will feel about it.
Old May 14, 2015, 4:48 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by mnCO
I've done it both pre and post 5/6. No issues on the Target end. I've never done large amounts, so I can't say how Bancorp Bank/T-mo will feel about it.
RL>T-M>RB>AMEX BP Be still my beating heart.
Old May 14, 2015, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by Brugge
Haha. Well I'm very happy for you. Unfortunately for me, it looks like my source of RLIs has dried up. Was told by a manager at my local grocery chain that they stopped carrying them due to scammers taking them for a ride.
Old May 18, 2015, 4:06 pm

Called to unblock account. lot of the csr are rude. They did say paying bills, even a big mortgage would help Prevent freezes. I'm hesitant to do so because of reports of shutdowns. Has anything changed?
Old May 18, 2015, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by rchen404
Called to unblock account. lot of the csr are rude. They did say paying bills, even a big mortgage would help Prevent freezes. I'm hesitant to do so because of reports of shutdowns. Has anything changed?
That's the exact opposite of everything I've ever read on this thread.
Old May 19, 2015, 10:23 am

That's the exact opposite of everything I've ever read on this thread.
yes I know. That's why I posted it. They are scumbags so they probably want me shut down
Old May 24, 2015, 2:09 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Just visited my local reload it grocery store. The display was full . Half the regular $500 cards and New $500 cards with wording about the reload it safe and "cash only". I guess that's the future.
Old May 26, 2015, 10:19 am
jk2

You know that you can do RL > Serve online, right? I understand that your method will give you a $3.95 credit from T-M, but with Serve no need to go to store.
Old May 26, 2015, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by jk2
You know that you can do RL > Serve online, right? I understand that your method will give you a $3.95 credit from T-M, but with Serve no need to go to store.
With T-M I'm doing $5k MS per month. I don't think I can do anywhere near that amount with Serve, correct?
Old May 26, 2015, 1:12 pm

With T-M I'm doing $5k MS per month. I don't think I can do anywhere near that amount with Serve, correct?
Serve allows $1k via online credit, $1k online debit, and $5k in-store "cash" (which includes debit or cash). So you could be doing $7k per month if you have a rewards debit card and a third-party Amex card.
Old May 26, 2015, 1:19 pm
jk2

Sorry, didn't get that - Serve's limit (in-store) is $5K - the same as for RB.
Old May 27, 2015, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by jk2
Wasn't aware of this... does this count against the $1k debit allotment?
Old May 27, 2015, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by nrf999
Wasn't aware of this... does this count against the $1k debit allotment?
No. The Rlits count against the $5K cash load limits.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.