Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

What do I tell the H&R Block folks to allow them to give me an emerald prepaid card?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 30, 2014, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Middle_Seat
From the Cardholder Agreement
- Maximum cash load each day: $999.99 (2x$500 VRs work). Limit resets at 1:00AM EST.
- Maximum loads per day: 4
- Maximum loads per month: 10
- Maximum ATM withdrawals per day: $3000
- Maximum spending per day: $3500
- Maximum monthly load limit: $5000 with VRs. Rolling 30 day period.

Cost of Service
- Initial Purchase fee: FREE
- Monthly Charge: FREE (if U use once every 90 days)

Add Money
- Direct Deposit: FREE
- Cash Reload at Retail Location: Varies by location, up to $4.95
- From Bank Account: FREE
- Check to Card via mobile app. 2% fee for printed payroll checks or government checks. 4% fee for any other check.

Get Cash
- Cash Back at Store: FREE
- From ATM: Allpoint ATMs, $2.50, Non Allpoint ATMs, $2.50
- Over the Counter Withdrawal: $25
- Request Check or One Time ACH: FREE

Spend Money
- Signature: FREE
- PIN: FREE
- Online bill pay: $0.95 per billpay. (Max Bill Pay $2500)

Information
- Automated IVR Access, Live Agent, Online Customer Service, Mobile Text Updates, Emerald Mobile Banking App, Online Statement, Paper statement upon request: FREE
- ATM Balance Inquiry: $1
- ATM Decline: $1
- Monthly Inactivity (after 2 months) $4.95 (Increased Jan. 2015, previously was $2.50 after 3 months.)
- Replacement Card: FREE, if expedited $35.

The card also has a reward feature in the form of cash back offers for certain purchase at certain stores - like AmEx Offers.

You will receive a temporary card right after your are done with your application. You can starting loading that card and use it normally. When the personalized card (if you opt in for it) comes, which will take 2-3 weeks, the card number may be changed and you need to activate the new card again (note that by activating the personalized card, the temporary card will be deactivated automatically). However, the load limit does not reset when you change from the temporary card to the personalized card.

Loads at CVS are hard-coded cash only, and have a $4.95 fee.
Print Wikipost

What do I tell the H&R Block folks to allow them to give me an emerald prepaid card?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2014, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by Hilbe
What's the deal with reloading the HRB card at 7-11? Cash only? I see its $1.95 to do it there, haven't attempted yet. My googles/searches have been coming up empty handed.
Cash only
Old Apr 23, 2014, 10:46 am

Does anyone know how long it takes to BP amex with this card?
I know you can ACH Pull, but Amex does not allow pulling with $0 balance due.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 11:32 am

In the City of Brotherly Love, the Ri(gh)te kind of drug store is still selling gdmps with cc. I was only brave enough to go 1k, but clerk didn't even ask to see the cc after I swiped it through the customer facing machine. It was a real cc, not a debit card.
Old May 2, 2014, 9:38 am

I am stuck at $4200 load this month. Last months last load was $500 on 3/31.

All thru April, and into May now I have only bee able to load $4200. Get the error code 21 when trying to do more with my VR's.

Is there also a number of loads limit? I have been doing $400 loads on it after the initial 2x$500. So I have done 10 loads in the last 5 days = $4200. Today I tried to load the last 2x$400 to get to $5K and it won't let it go through. A several $K tax refund also came onto the card in early April if that makes a difference.

Edit: I think I found the answer in the help section. It says "You are allowed a maximum of 6 loads per day, with a maximum of 10 loads per month." Their month for this limit must be 30 days as well. I have 8 loads at the end of April and 2 on 5/1.

The 10 load limit is also in the Wiki. Though doesn't say rolling 30 day for this limit.

Last edited by FlyingBoat; May 2, 2014 at 9:49 am
Old May 2, 2014, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by FlyingBoat
I am stuck at $4200 load this month. Last months last load was $500 on 3/31.

All thru April, and into May now I have only bee able to load $4200. Get the error code 21 when trying to do more with my VR's.

Is there also a number of loads limit? I have been doing $400 loads on it after the initial 2x$500. So I have done 10 loads in the last 5 days = $4200. Today I tried to load the last 2x$400 to get to $5K and it won't let it go through. A several $K tax refund also came onto the card in early April if that makes a difference.

Edit: I think I found the answer in the help section. It says "You are allowed a maximum of 6 loads per day, with a maximum of 10 loads per month." Their month for this limit must be 30 days as well. I have 8 loads at the end of April and 2 on 5/1.

The 10 load limit is also in the Wiki. Though doesn't say rolling 30 day for this limit.
U are asking in a wrong thread, post here 'Emerald Prepaid Card, Alternative methods to load (after demise of VR) for Ms'
Old May 2, 2014, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by prasha11
U are asking in a wrong thread, post here 'Emerald Prepaid Card, Alternative methods to load (after demise of VR) for Ms'
Why in your opinion is this the wrong thread, when I am not asking about "Alternative methods to load (after demise of VR)"?

I am talking about loading VR's. Anyway, have the answer, the 10 load limit is rolling 30 days, which is the reason I was having a problem.
Old May 2, 2014, 11:46 am

Why in your opinion is this the wrong thread,
because U already have/got the card and not asking 'What do I tell the H&R Block folks to allow them to give me an emerald prepaid card?'

In my opinion U have self answered your Q in your Q.......
Old May 7, 2014, 11:22 am

because U already have/got the card and not asking 'What do I tell the H&R Block folks to allow them to give me an emerald prepaid card?'

In my opinion U have self answered your Q in your Q.......
IMO you are acting like the thread police with your opinion.
Old May 7, 2014, 12:15 pm
Suspended

The Wiki says max spending per day is $3500 , does that mean any ACH for more then $3500 will be denied?
Old May 7, 2014, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by mittenfingerz
IMO you are acting like the thread police with your opinion.
Who is acting thread police now ?????
I was polite, (1) the question is in a wrong thread and (2) its self answered, rambling! such a waste
Old May 7, 2014, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by craz
The Wiki says max spending per day is $3500 , does that mean any ACH for more then $3500 will be denied?
I ACH'd the whole 5k off last month no problem.
Old May 14, 2014, 12:19 pm

Who is acting thread police now ?????
I was polite, (1) the question is in a wrong thread and (2) its self answered, rambling! such a waste
The question was answered in the post by edit through reading the wiki of this thread!

This was the correct thread. Why does this thread have in the wiki the answer to the question if you think in fact this is the wrong thread? And what did my post have to do with alternative ways to load which is the title of the other thread? Also I further clarified the Wiki answer that it isn't every month, it is a rolling 30 days. rolls eyes over incorrect policing from prasha11. At least other people see the nonsense.

Anyway this whole thread is getting a bit irrelevant, other than those of us who have a few VR stacked up ready to load.

On another point, I had 8 of these cards for family members, all picked up back in March. It appears three of them are already closed down. I didn't do any ACH, just BP. When I go online to three of the accounts they say there is no card to access. I could access them a couple of days ago.

When I call the number on the card and talk to CSR they say someone will be contacting me within the next 24 hours. FYI 3 of the still active cards actually had taxes done and tax refund applied to them. The three in trouble did not have taxes done by HRB.
Old May 14, 2014, 12:39 pm

Dumped my last VR to this card last week. ACH pulled from Chase. Today I got a returned payment. I check my HR block balance and instead of $500 it says $497.50. I called to inquire and they tell me they charged a $2.50 to the card with my name on it which I never even activated. She offered to refund the fee but the system wouldn't even let her so she opened a ticket. What a pain. It doesn't appear that Chase charged me anything for the returned payment but I'm thinking they might.
Old May 14, 2014, 1:59 pm

I had 8 of these cards for family members, all picked up back in March. It appears three of them are already closed down. I didn't do any ACH, just BP. When I go online to three of the accounts they say there is no card to access. I could access them a couple of days ago.
On those 3 cards closed, is there any balance on them? any of the funds locked up
Old May 14, 2014, 3:19 pm

On those 3 cards closed, is there any balance on them? any of the funds locked up
I don't know if some payments went through or not. It always takes a few days. That is why I was logging in to check which card paid to which account, and checking the payment status.

One of the three cards would have a couple hundred on it even if they payment goes through.

Just to clarify, I can't tell the balance on the accounts. I can't view them online, and when I call in, it takes me to a CSR who said something about Activity and that is all they can tell and that they opened a ticket and someone will contact me in 24 hours. I can't get to the balance information. Loaded 5K twice to these accounts and bp'd them out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.