Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

$25 credit on $100 spend @ Staples, AmEx Sync

Old Jan 17, 2014, 7:10 am
Original Poster

Spend $100, Get $25 back @ Staples.

Offer valid in store and online in US only. Physical Gift Cards are eligible. Excludes purchases from StaplesAdvantage.com, E-Gift Cards, SBA, Quill, Smilemaker, Staples Center, and Business to Business purchases. Offer is non-transferable. If you order an item during the offer period but it is not sent to you until after 3/17/14, it may not count towards determining whether your purchase qualifies for the offer. Enrollment limited. Limit 1 statement credit per American Express online account. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from the merchant until all of the items from your qualifying purchase have been provided or shipped by the merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. POID: AXU5:0001
Anyone else see this? Physical gift cards are eligible, I assume that includes VGCs?
Old Jan 17, 2014, 7:19 am

Got it synced to all my cards. Will try to run by Staples this afternoon.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 7:20 am

Yes I did this before for the 25 off 75 (bought vgc); however, I have don't see this in my "offers" online. Can I get this through twitter?
Old Jan 17, 2014, 7:29 am

Programs: Hilton C, Marriott Pt, Delta Pt
Thanks for the heads-up.
The past amex sync deals allowed the bonuses on physical GCs at various merchants.

Instead of recycling plastics, I will probably recycle paper with this deal.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 7:40 am

Programs: AA EXP (1M+), HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by bar19900
Yes I did this before for the 25 off 75 (bought vgc); however, I have don't see this in my "offers" online. Can I get this through twitter?
Same here. Nada.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 7:43 am

what do you need to tweet # to get the deal?
Old Jan 17, 2014, 7:50 am

There seems to be no hashtag for this deal. At least I haven't found it yet.

Perhaps this deal is by invitation only like the $30 off $300 BB.
It only appears on my main BCP and not AUs.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 7:55 am

You have to log on to your amex CC account(s) to see this deal if you're given one.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 7:58 am

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Drat. I didn't get it on any of my cards and I don't see anything on twitter to sync to. Tried calling but the rep could not add it manually. She said that this is likely targeted to people that have shopped at Staples before or have used the sync deals in the past. I told her that I had used the previous sync deal for Staples but she still didn't budge. She did make a note in my account that I am interested in the offer and it would be forwarded to the marketing department for review. Not holding my breath on this one.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 8:04 am

I've used lots of the sync offers as well but didn't receive this one. Bummer. OT, but has anyone experienced clawbacks on these statement credits? I have returned multiple items and have never had the credit pulled back through several billing cycles.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 8:49 am

Just signed up for this. It's only letting me register one card for it.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 8:57 am

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by redbirdsj
Just signed up for this. It's only letting me register one card for it.
Per log-in account only. You can get new accounts and get multiple offers.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 9:00 am

Programs: DL-PM, SPG-Gold; HH-Dia
I did get the offer on the AMEX site thank for highlighting that one! It was only present on my DL AMEX not any of the others.

No e-gift cards though but it can be used online. I just hate that none of the offers are valid if purchased through an electronic wallet.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 9:07 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold, the rest come and go
Only available for my Hilton card. Barely seems worth it, but better than a hole in the head...
Old Jan 17, 2014, 9:08 am

Thanks. I have about 8 amex cards between spouse and myself but it was only available on one. I'll take it though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.