Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Please read the wiki before posting a question.

2/25/2015 - Single payment limit raised to $2999 when using credit or debit cards. Maximum payments per calendar month per individual biller account raised from 1 to 4.

2/18/2015 - Beginning next week, certain debit cards from smaller banks, as well as prepaid debit cards and gift cards will be subject to a 3 percent Bill Pay Fee on each payment.

Evolve now accepts Discover, Visa and Mastercard credit cards with 3% fee.

Debit Cards Not Charged the 3% Fee:
  • Insert here
  • US Bank (but not prepaid)

Transaction Limits:
http://www.evolvemoney.com/transaction-limits/

Daily dollar limits include:
  • $2,999.00 in payments funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 in payments funded by a cash load pack

Individual bill pay dollar limits include:
  • $2999.00 for a single bill funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 for a single bill funded by a cash load pack

Monthly payment limits include:
  • 4 payments per month using a credit or debit card within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Unlimited number of payments per month using a cash load pack within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Maximum of $10,000 total payments per month for credit, debit, and cash load packs combined.

The limits are based on charge date, not payment date.

There are currently no credit cards that can be paid via Evolve.

Tips for Using Evolve
  • No need to register your debit card
  • If your transaction does not go through, you will have to wait for the authorization to fall off your card
  • Using multiple Evolve accounts paying the same biller may lead to your biller being permanently blocked
  • If using GCs with the new scheduling feature, it is important to schedule in such a way that it says your card will be charged today (not on a future date) to prevent a decline; and if you want to avoid the Express Pay fee this also means typically scheduling a few days out (click each date to find one without the fee but still charges your card today).

Mortgages Section
Let us know if payments auto apply to principal or if you have to call

Bank of America: After making 4 payments over the weekend you MUST call (or use online banking messaging) to allocate funds to the regular payment - by default it goes to principal.

Central Mortgage: Appears to go to additional principal payment. YMMV

Chase: Payments with JPMorgan have to fall within a ~5-day window in order for them to be unallocated, otherwise they go to principal. Your window depends on the billing date (usually the 1st of the month). If so, the window is until the 5th, so using Evolve, you have to allow for the payment to post and have it post between ~the 1st and the 5th. PITA

Citi: Made two payments near the end of the month and these were originally "unapplied" and labeled as "additional funds received". A day or two afterwards they moved to principal payments. A quick call to Citi had the payments moved from principal to make up my monthly mortgage payment.

Nationstar Mortgage: Payment applied as an "Additional principal payment" if you sent before the 1st of the month. If you pay after the first, the payment is held until you submit the full payment amount, and then the whole thing is applied to your monthly payment.

PNC: Partial payments will be held aside until payment in full is made. They will send a letter.

Provident Funding: Does not accept partial payments. After month's mortgage is paid, accepts Evolve a additional principal payments.

US Bank: Made 4 payments in June; after a couple of days, payments moved from principal payment to applying to monthly payment w/o a call

Wells Fargo: Two $500 payments day 1, One $500 payment day 2 going over the actual mortgage payment amount due. The payment automatically combined itself to pay the exact amount due once the Third hit. Any amount that was overpaid subsequently went towards principal. Nice to not have to send in the Exact amount, if you don't mind paying some extra principal.

"If you have any problems with gift cards please send us an email at support [at] evolvemoney.com" [Source: AlexAtEvolveMoney]
Print Wikipost

Evolve Money

Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:41 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold, the rest come and go
Originally Posted by shel
Any one with experience in payment to these 529 plans? Maybe it's time to open one....

Ishares 529 Plan
Learning Quest 529 Education Savings Program
Most Missouri's 529 College Savings Plan
New York 529 College Savings Program Advisor Plan
New Yorks 529 College Savings Program
Pennsylvanias College Savings Program 529 Direct I
Schwab 529 College Savings Plan
Schwab Learning Quest 529 Plan
State of IN College Choice 529 Investment Plan
State of Indiana College Choice 529 Advisor Plan
TD Ameritrade 529 College Savings Plan
USAA 529 College Savings Plan
Vanguard 529 College Savings Plan
I recommend UESP, I have an account with them and setup, deposits, withdrawals are all a piece of cake, all done through electronic ACH. Plus if you actually want to use it as a college savings account they invest in super-low-fee Vanguard funds (which is also where my IRA is invested). Best in class.

Initiated an Evolve payment today, should arrive Tuesday.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 4:45 pm

For the folks who'll be testing this, one of the things about ReloadIts that seems different from VRs is an apparent option to use less than 100% of the ReloadIt's value.

Ideas to test...

- buy 950 ReloadIt, pay one bill for 700, use remaining 250 at a completely different website (say, netspend.com)
- buy 950 ReloadIt, pay one bill for 700, pay another for 250
- buy 2 950 ReloadIts, pay one bill for 700, somehow pay another bill for 1200
- etc
Old Jan 16, 2014, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by shel
Any one with experience in payment to these 529 plans? Maybe it's time to open one.... (Only earnings are subject to a withdrawal penalty, so you can take it out immediately without penalty.)

Ishares 529 Plan
Learning Quest 529 Education Savings Program
Most Missouri's 529 College Savings Plan
New York 529 College Savings Program Advisor Plan
New Yorks 529 College Savings Program
Pennsylvanias College Savings Program 529 Direct I
Schwab 529 College Savings Plan
Schwab Learning Quest 529 Plan
State of IN College Choice 529 Investment Plan
State of Indiana College Choice 529 Advisor Plan
TD Ameritrade 529 College Savings Plan
USAA 529 College Savings Plan
Vanguard 529 College Savings Plan
You really must not value this much. Shoulda kept your lips sealed... err fingers.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by cuebert
Verizon can certainly afford to pay commission, but I doubt my power company would pay anyone anything to handle payments. If I try to pay that bill in cash at my friendly grocery store they'll charge a fee.
Why would anyone pay Verizon this way when they gladly accept miles/points earning credit cards without any fee?
Old Jan 16, 2014, 6:00 pm

I was not able to use my reloadit packs, just gave an error when I entered the pins. I was successful using my paypal business mc.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 6:13 pm

Programs: CO (RIP), US (RIP), Amtrak. Lots of CC programs.
Originally Posted by takhliq1
Why would anyone pay Verizon this way when they gladly accept miles/points earning credit cards without any fee?
Same reason someone would pay money to pay a bill or get a check cashed.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by takhliq1
You can buy reloadits at grocery stores. grocery stores have bonuses on a bunch of cards.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 6:25 pm

Just FYI... Seems working with MetaBank VGC. Not sure why showing tomorrow's date in my GoWallet account...

1/17/2014 Signature Purchase VESTA EVOLVE MONEY Pending... -$500.00 $0.00
1/16/2014 Load TOM THUMB STORE xxxx $500.00 $500.00
Old Jan 16, 2014, 7:48 pm

I ran into the same issue with reloadit pack.

I tried calling the evolve service number and all I got was a voicemail. Not a good sign if anyone should get into a dispute with them but I will try again tomorrow during normal business hours.

Originally Posted by drdrew450
I was not able to use my reloadit packs, just gave an error when I entered the pins. I was successful using my paypal business mc.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by drdrew450
I was successful using my paypal business mc.
Did you get 1% bonus from PayPal?
Old Jan 17, 2014, 7:26 am
jk2

Originally Posted by zceuxbhjutf
For the folks who'll be testing this, one of the things about ReloadIts that seems different from VRs is an apparent option to use less than 100% of the ReloadIt's value.

Ideas to test...

- buy 950 ReloadIt, pay one bill for 700, use remaining 250 at a completely different website (say, netspend.com)
- buy 950 ReloadIt, pay one bill for 700, pay another for 250
- buy 2 950 ReloadIts, pay one bill for 700, somehow pay another bill for 1200
- etc
I didn't get it - how do you suppose to use ReloadIt for Envolve?
Old Jan 17, 2014, 9:38 am

You have three options to pay with - debit card, evolvebucks or reloadit card. You plug in your reloadit number and the amount loaded and they load the card to your account from which you pay your bills. If you put in more than the amount of bill payment then the excess is credited to your account.

Be aware though that you cannot ask for the excess in your account back. You have to use the service to drain the account so do not keep much in there(if anything).

Originally Posted by jk2
I didn't get it - how do you suppose to use ReloadIt for Envolve?
Old Jan 17, 2014, 3:05 pm

Free Express Payments!

Now through February 16, 2014

Overindulge in holiday shopping?

Worried about late fees on all those bills?

Rejoice! We've got you covered with FREE same-day express payments.

Evolve Money gives you peace of mind and helps you avoid late fees. Make payments to thousands of providers. And with no charge for same-day Express payments through February 16, 2014, Evolve Money is the perfect cure for your holiday shopping hangover. Check out our blog for more information.
Evolve Money is the free and convenient way to pay over 10,000 bills. But hurry, same-day Express payments are FREE only through February 16, 2014!

Have a bill due soon? Login now to pay it with Evolve Money.

Thanks!

The Evolve Money Team
Old Jan 17, 2014, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by cuebert
Same reason someone would pay money to pay a bill or get a check cashed.
We are not talking about those folks here. We are talking about flyertalkers.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 4:33 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold, the rest come and go
Originally Posted by cashback
Free Express Payments!

Now through February 16, 2014

Overindulge in holiday shopping?

Worried about late fees on all those bills?

Rejoice! We've got you covered with FREE same-day express payments.

Evolve Money gives you peace of mind and helps you avoid late fees. Make payments to thousands of providers. And with no charge for same-day Express payments through February 16, 2014, Evolve Money is the perfect cure for your holiday shopping hangover. Check out our blog for more information.
Evolve Money is the free and convenient way to pay over 10,000 bills. But hurry, same-day Express payments are FREE only through February 16, 2014!

Have a bill due soon? Login now to pay it with Evolve Money.

Thanks!

The Evolve Money Team
FlyerTalk: you have been given permission to go nuts. $30k between today and February 16...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.